[3.6] Vowel's Crit Storm Brand Elementalist - Flaskless Uber Elder

Thanks for the awesome build!

Managed to down Uber Elder for the first time!

Spoiler
What about "Singularity" as a weapon choice?
I'm running added cold damage and hypothermia on my storm brand 6L, but enemies don't seem to shatter--i just ripped to some porcupines exploding. Am I missing something or does it not happen all the time?
Hey mate Very nice build! Thx for your good work! <3

I wanted to ask you if you can watch over my gear and passives, what i should upgrade next...or what i should switch in my passives, im a bit helpless what gives me the biggest upgrade.

Thank you very much ! for helping a POE Newbie, this is my first season :)

Have a nice Day and gz for solding your Regalia :)
"
murasam3 wrote:
Did some minor changes to the boot sockets due to having a pretty nice wand and couldn't shield charge with it.

You can't shield charge with a wand.
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"
murasam3 wrote:
Did some minor changes to the boot sockets due to having a pretty nice wand and couldn't shield charge with it.

I know, that's why I changed the boot sockets to adjust to that.

My real issue is survivability, but I'm guessing the logical step is to switch my Carcass Jack for a Loreweave then, but I'm wondering if there are any other improvements I can make to the gear? or if I made some mistakes in sockets, etc..

Thanks!
"
murasam3 wrote:
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"
murasam3 wrote:

I know, that's why I changed the boot sockets to adjust to that.

My real issue is survivability, but I'm guessing the logical step is to switch my Carcass Jack for a Loreweave then, but I'm wondering if there are any other improvements I can make to the gear? or if I made some mistakes in sockets, etc..

Thanks!

Usually, it's more about playstyle, if you are currently dying, 5% extra resists isn't suddenly going to change things.
Not having fortify available might be more of an issue, but other caster builds get around that too.

I see you have wrath socketed, are you actually using it, because that loses a chunk of EHP.
Are you keeping flasks up?

For dangerous stuff, you need to kite around, and let the brands do there work rather than diving in. Decoy totem helps, but I haven't got one either!

I'm only at lvl 79 myself with this build, but I've played similar in the past.

"
Carlovski wrote:

Usually, it's more about playstyle, if you are currently dying, 5% extra resists isn't suddenly going to change things.
Not having fortify available might be more of an issue, but other caster builds get around that too.

I see you have wrath socketed, are you actually using it, because that loses a chunk of EHP.

For dangerous stuff, you need to kite around, and let the brands do there work rather than diving in. Decoy totem helps, but I haven't got one either!

I'm keeping Wrath up but debating if I should remove it or not because of the EHP (Mana is sitting at 500 right now with HoT/Wrath running) and I'm missing an important Mana node as well (Deep Thoughts).

I'll give it a shot without wrath, though any recommendations for what I could use instead of Shield Charge / Wrath? (My wand is rather sexy, would hate to replace it). I have 2 empty gem sockets now which I don't know what to do with lol.

Switched up my flasks a bit, not sure if these are good enough or not.

(P.S I notice Vowel has gone towards Crit Multiplier now... *thinks*)
Last edited by murasam3 on Jan 15, 2019, 6:42:31 AM
"
murasam3 wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:

I'm keeping Wrath up but debating if I should remove it or not because of the EHP (Mana is sitting at 500 right now with HoT/Wrath running) and I'm missing an important Mana node as well (Deep Thoughts).

I'll give it a shot without wrath, though any recommendations for what I could use instead of Shield Charge / Wrath? (My wand is rather sexy, would hate to replace it). I have 2 empty gem sockets now which I don't know what to do with lol.

Switched up my flasks a bit, not sure if these are good enough or not.

(P.S I notice Vowel has gone towards Crit Multiplier now... *thinks*)

At 500 unreserved, it isn't worth using MoM - it's probably doing more harm than good.
I'd say wrath is only using in conjunction with a decent watcher's eye. And then i'd probably want an essence worm.

That wand isn't that good for a non crit build, you could replace for a sceptre pretty cheaply.
"
Carlovski wrote:

In fact I might go vix lunaris, there is no downside (Other than bricking) to corrupting them, and cold damage is one of the more dangerous ones anyway. Saves a flask suffix which makes running cinderswallow easier (get a bit of fire damage on a jewel for this one). And cheaper to corrupt.

I switched to Vix Lunaris as I suggested, might try double corrupting some if I get temples, got this for now

which isn't bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info