[3.6] Vowel's Crit Storm Brand Elementalist - Flaskless Uber Elder

Good morning,

a few questions, now after I have some more experience and got used to playstyle...

- Could someone help me with some numbers that I should definitely reach to play this build comfortably?
Life minimum? Is 5000 ok? Or should be more?
Mana is just around 1400 at moment... should I aim higher?

- Is Attack-Speed only being used for shield charge? I don't really like this movement skill and feel bad that I look for gear with AS just if its for this skill

- Arcane Surge (in my shield) does not seem to get triggered.
Its on level 5 and I always monitor my buffs on top of my screen.
There is never anything arcane surge. It should be casted with spamming storm brand or not?

- If I could buy two LVL 21 gems, which would have biggest impact?

- I don't think I need all these defensive flasks (when farming at least)...
I want to take wise Oak and Atziris Promise. Which ones would you replace?
Stibnite, Jade , Basalt...which two of them to replace with Wise Oak and Atziris Promise?

- Its so hard for me to upgrade my gear, even though some of it is so crap that anything would do. I cant really tell how I should balance cast speed, lightning/elemental damage, spell damage. Do we need any critical strike chance (i guess no because of passive skill)?

- How would i get more movement speed? too many downtimes in between quicksilver

- I have around 5 ex to spend. What some easy and effective upgrades?

thaaaanks

Last edited by markuskanada on Jan 15, 2019, 8:44:48 AM
Hi there,

Testing this build for a few days now, less than 2 day playin (i play "slow" ), atm lvl92 and having lot of fun + not dying <3

I didn't try Uber Elder yet, i will probably give it a try this week end.
Shaper was a joke, even if i died it was with a several second freez + unexpected disconnection in front of his beam... not even used a flask during fight ! (yeah for me that's a never happen before). Red Elder & guardians are really easy too. Shaper guardians depends of the mods on map but with 'leveling' stuff they were easy (by leveling i mean i was with lvl18 gems no quality and half my stuff wasn't done).

Aiming for "cheap" stuff first, and as storm brand damage is outrageous, i happen to aim for a different kind of stuff, and i'll go more this way soon (ie : doble corruptions ^^ ). But with this stuff i think it'd be enough tanky to go HC... i nearly never die (ie : if you are carefull and don't do 8 mods guardians, you wont die), i got 5800hp+1000es+1000elemental shield+1200 mana+lot of leech+(fortify), start to be hard to get one shot when you got decent mobility and using brands. Also i have 75% chaos resist, just because i was able to get it with rings and jewelry... it's certainly useless for Uber elder, but gives a very nice defense for some syndicates or some maps. For more damage if needed on uber elder, i could just take better rings and jewelry.

While aiming for cheap stuff, i had "some" luck with Alva, getting some doryani's institutes, so i already got a 21/23 brand and a lvl4 empower ! :D
Helmet was a 10 try 3 socket resonator (+life/+lightning/+elemental), i don't think i'll try to improve it. ^^
Next step : +2(/+4) fenumus shroud, corrupt shield and gloves, enchant on boots (maybe better boots with a decoy, i need to check again), check the damage difference & price for weapon.
Alternate improvement : exchange all chaos resist stuff with damage one.

Temple gives quite often (i'm certainly lucky but i aim for T3 lightning room) lightning leech amulet, syndicate can turn them on talisman, could grants some very good results (especially when you get a good damn coral one :° ).

Spoiler

edit : updated items <3
Last edited by CaMarchePas on Jan 15, 2019, 4:05:36 PM
"
CaMarchePas wrote:
Hi there,

Testing this build for a few days now, less than 2 day playin (i play "slow" ), atm lvl92 and having lot of fun + not dying <3

I didn't try Uber Elder yet, i will probably give it a try this week end.
Shaper was a joke, even if i died it was with a several second freez + unexpected disconnection in front of his beam... not even used a flask during fight ! (yeah for me that's a never happen before). Red Elder & guardians are really easy too. Shaper guardians depends of the mods on map but with 'leveling' stuff they were easy (by leveling i mean i was with lvl18 gems no quality and half my stuff wasn't done).

Aiming for "cheap" stuff first, and as storm brand damage is outrageous, i happen to aim for a different of stuff, and i'll go more this way soon (ie : doble corruptions ^^ ). But with this stuff i think it'd be enough tanky to go HC... i nearly never die (ie : if you are carefull and don't do 8 mods guardians, you wont die), i got 5800hp+1000es+1000elemental shield+1200 mana+lot of leech+tify), start to be hard to get one shot when you got decent mobility and using brands. Also i have 75% chaos resist, just because i was able to get it with rings and jewelry... it's certainly useless for Uber elder, but gives a very nice defense for some syndicates or some maps. For more damage if needed on uber elder, i could just take better rings and jewelry.

While aiming for cheap stuff, i had "some" luck with Alva, getting some doryani's institutes, so i already got a 21/23 brand and a lvl4 empower ! :D
Helmet was a 10 try 3 socket resonator (+life/+lightning/+elemental), i don't think i'll try to improve it. ^^
Next step : +2(/+4) fenumus shroud, corrupt shield and gloves, enchant on boots (maybe better boots with a decoy, i need to check again), check damage difference & price for weapon.
Alternate improvement : exchange all chaos resist stuff with damage one.

Temple gives quite often (i'm certainly lucky but i aim for T3 lightning room) lightning leech amulet, syndicate can turn them on talisman, could grants some very good results (especially when you get a good damn coral one :° ).

Spoiler

hey, im new. interesting setup. why do you use that chest+gloves combo? is that really worth it? and also that sceptre? is that because of your budget or why did you make this decision?
Hi

thanks for the amazing build. Never got so far into this game.

I farmed up to 4ex currently and wanting to invest big now into my character.. to invest even bigger into my next one!

So.. any ideas what so upgrade first? 6l?new weapon? thanks for the reply.

Spoiler
"
markuskanada wrote:
hey, im new. interesting setup. why do you use that chest+gloves combo? is that really worth it? and also that sceptre? is that because of your budget or why did you make this decision?

Damn i removed a part of the message by mistake.

I was aiming cheap stuff untill i got good level/gem level, i saw a cheap fenumus armour 6L so i tried it and it was quite good. Fenumus body armour + gloves = great movement debuff (and good range with body armour) + debuff resist + debuff damage + buff my damage (40-60% vs ennemies that have spiders web on them). The spider craft is costly and good item where i could put it are costly too... The rare gloves for traps cost a lot too and the more i play the less i use the traps. So i tried with both fenumus items and it fits me quite well !

Talking of that, did my temple, and corrupted another fenumus :

o/

Same idea goes for scepter : rare scepter are costly, doryani grants lot of elem damage, cast/attack speed and elemental leech... I didn't check at all how much a good rare scepter would cost and grant damage.
Last edited by CaMarchePas on Jan 15, 2019, 11:48:38 AM
Love the build, going through T15-16 pretty easily.

However, is flame dash with cwdt really that good? It seems like when I die, there is usually a high chance its because I am flame dashed randomly into a bad spot
thx for the nice build, uber elder down in ssf

gear could be better, but ssf struggle :)

"
Elyndrys wrote:
Love the build, going through T15-16 pretty easily.

However, is flame dash with cwdt really that good? It seems like when I die, there is usually a high chance its because I am flame dashed randomly into a bad spot

You should facepalm.

You level your flamedash to max... so it outlevel the cdwt setup that is here to proc curse/imortal call... You are not supposed to make flamedash proced by cwdt... And by having it activated by cwdt it prevents you from using it yourself so... really really bad idea !
Well, i dont get the gearing section tho, you sayd gloves costed you 1c and boots, but and i look for them with shit stats they cost 1ex+
"
Bobroots wrote:
Well, i dont get the gearing section tho, you sayd gloves costed you 1c and boots, but and i look for them with shit stats they cost 1ex+

You're too late to the party.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info