At my wit's end with Syndicate one-shots

"
rus9384 wrote:
Well, occultist can have 10k EHP. 20-40% phys mitigation.

Now, juggernaut. 10k EHP as well. And 80% phys mitigation, I guess. Also, playing totems by witch when you can by priest (or how is that guy called?)... lmao.

...what?

wow, i had no idea i was capped at 40% phys mitigation.

oh, right. not even close.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Oh, right, you play an Occultist? Say, where do I get more mitigation against hard (5k damage) hits? Armor is irrelevant, I said why, it is a tinsel capable of only protecting from small hits.

Witch is not much into endurance charges. Neither there are other physical damage mitigation sources for witch except Basalt. Which, as I said, only gives ~21% mitigation.

Don't be a fool. There are strong builds like miner/trapper/totemist or Jugg with huge phisical mitigation and 10k+ ES. And there are glass cannons. No, it's not just a bad build that makes a char a glass cannon. It is just, at least, a weird placing of survivability nodes.

I'm certain armor and evasion need a rework. Because evasion makes oneshots less probable, but yet they are possible. And armor has diminishing returns against hard hitters. At the same time ES is equally solid against weak and hard hits.
Last edited by rus9384 on Dec 18, 2018, 11:03:36 AM

100% witch proof. witches just can't even.

"
rus9384 wrote:
Oh, right, you play an Occultist? Say, where do I get more mitigation against hard (5k damage) hits? Armor is irrelevant

lolz @ "Armor is irrelevant" - god, no.

5k damage? well...

1. armor
2. if no armor, conversion
3. NOT GET HIT BY SLAMS, which are generally the 5k dmg hits. see also: block, dodge, evasion, etc
4. other mechanics. basalt/fortify/mom/etc

"
rus9384 wrote:
Because evasion makes oneshots less probable, but yet they are possible. And armor has diminishing returns against hard hitters.

so you somehow are aware of this, but can't figure out that defenses are best when layered?

[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

"
rus9384 wrote:
That guy is playing arc totem with 5k life and far from top items build. Since he is totem does not justify rippiness of Syndicate.

You are right i dont have to take care of my gear.
I am serious.
The only important thing for me is my wand and my shield.

And you know what? Thats because Arc is by far the biggest faceroller for big enemy groups. Combine this with 4 projectile eating totems (or 6 if you go nuts) and you can stay afk beside bosses and jiggle your wiggle.

For all of these reasons i can say the syndicat is overtuned.
No other element in this game is dangerous like that.
Well you could say "then arc is op" and you are wrong it just needs far far far far less efford to work. which kinda makes it op....I dunno

And as long as they dont nurf Arc and Totems I guess I will start every league with this setup. there is no reason to trial and error uncertain stuff when i have this solid pack of punch in my pocket!

3.5.0d Patch Notes

Improved Betrayal encounters by reducing damage dealt by most Syndicate members, improving skill signalling, reducing Syndicate member damage bonuses from some items, reducing skill off-screening, cleaning up residual objects to reduce clutter and reducing additional monster spawns in Fortification

now someone´s gonna say "muh challenge is gone!" while ignoring 90% of the players dont have that rocketjump build he has and keep crippling around everytime they get in contact with the syndicat
Last edited by Tolerantzdestr0yer on Dec 19, 2018, 4:03:25 AM
I turned the league mechanic back on and did 10 T14 maps. No deaths. My life pool is also much higher now. Up to 8190. So, I am sure that is a factor.

But hopefully I can actually play the league now.
...because you definitely couldn't play it before?

[Removed by Support]

Last edited by robmafia on Dec 19, 2018, 2:55:38 PM
Well, that armor gives only 2400 armor at most. 10 crab barriers are much more powerful than armor it provides which can only turn a 5k hit to a 4770 hit. Thanks, no, I will better stick to Energy Shield.

Regarding damage conversion, I already said I would like to see it on elementalist nodes. Might be good if elemental protection flasks also provided physical damage conversion. Without it, one needs around 4 items to give reasonable conversion. Abd that is at the cost of damage. Sacrificing those items elementalist witch becomes worse than summoner witch or occultist.

It is definitely a problem that not all ascensions can be good in survivability. The most problematic, as I said, is archer due to most of her defenses in ascensions being devoted to evasion.
"
rus9384 wrote:
Well, that armor gives only 2400 armor at most.

Right, and you cannot scale that number at all,neither can you have any other source of armour if you use that chestpiece !!!

/s
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
My witch has 50% phys reduction, 40% block, spell dodge, maxed resistances and I am using a flask that provides additional 10%. You can get defenses as a witch, it´s actually quite easy. Ny witch last league, had 60% and higher block, I pretty much only died to exploding stuff on the ground.

My gear is pretty low this league, could argue the best item is the belly, but it´s not equipped yet, as no right socket colors :D You won´t find my build anywhere on the net, I play it since 2016 and I improve it every league, but I am doing fine with it.

It does help to think out of the box, to just find your own build and since it´s SSF, I can not rely on certain items.
"
rus9384 wrote:
Well, that armor gives only 2400 armor at most. 10 crab barriers are much more powerful than armor it provides which can only turn a 5k hit to a 4770 hit. Thanks, no, I will better stick to Energy Shield.

....................................................................................................................................................
............WAT
[Removed by Support]

Last edited by robmafia on Dec 19, 2018, 5:21:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info