At my wit's end with Syndicate one-shots

The amount of sarcasm in this thread alone could power the world for weeks if we could only figure out how to harness it.

That's it, carry on.
Necros used to be strong... Then came multiple nerfs. They did try and fix it... But the end result was my heiro running around with 4 arc totem and 4 spectres.

Heiro is a better necro than necro. At least I can keep my specs alive.

No way would I try necro against the syndicate. They would kill my minions and dance on my corpse.

With the one shot nerf its now purely a dps check to see if you can clear the zerg.

And FYI... Forts are easy. Hit the door fast and knock it down before the spawns start. Do both doors and wait for the syndicate to come out. Kite and kill away from defenses.

Ambushes are the harder ones... move away and kite. move too far and they respawn on top of you.

Caravan... always do it from the front. In the rear it will keep spawning crap all over you as you play catch up.

NS

"
rus9384 wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
It's as if .... AS IF THERE ARE CHOICES IN THIS GAME !!!

Well, let's see:

Evasion-based build = playing Russian Roulette.

Armor-based build = problems with DoT effects and elemental damage.

Energy-Shield-based build = works like additional HP against hard hits, both physical and elemental. Solves problems with most DoTs, except chaos damage.

Looks like ES is a winner.

But that's awful to see devs created unequally qualitative defenses.

Same goes for some skills. Ones are great and others are... bad. And that's not that some skills are popular and some are not. Necromancers are unpopular (according to poeninja). Yet, they are very strong.
complains about witches lacking phys mitigation.

refuses to use armor.

refuses to use other forms of phys mitigation.

refuses to layer defenses.

sounds about right.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Perq wrote:
I've been repeating this for some time now - you can't have "challenging" content and instant log-out in one game. If you try to increase the difficulty, will you ALWAYS eventually end up with one-shots - because there is literally nothing else you can do if player can leave instantly.

So until we get rid of this ancient "mechanic" of instant log-outs, one-shots are to stay, sadly.

You are beacon of hope in an otherwise desolate wasteland, Perq.

We're not going to get anywhere with nerfs or buffs. We need fundamental changes if we ever want to see progress.

The question is, what does GGG want? Maybe they like this one shit gameplay.

Did I say one shit? I meant one shot of course.

Death in Hardcore is mandatory to make it not a guaranteed cakewalk to 100, I get that. Why not buff the crap out of all damage in Hardcore then along with perma death and leave Softcore for those who enjoy a safer voyage?

Death is not fun in Softcore, nor does it really stop anyone from achieving anything, it just frustrates the living hell out of you, especially if you die while playing a tanky build, taking all defensive nodes first, gearing up while leveling every 20 lvls and knowing what to look out for.

Nobody can complain about deaths playing a glass cannon, that's your fault. But right now, apart from dual Nebu Jugg, we're all glass, despite many efforts being made to the contrary. That is not fun.

The solution? Play glass cannons, may as well. The result? More buffs to mob HP... this cycle dooms us all, it needs to be broken.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Dec 21, 2018, 4:24:19 AM
The problem is not that all other builds are glass now. Surely, there are many chars for which it seems kinda dumb to go endurance, armor and similar stuff. Incoming damage conversion is pretty rare. This needs to be rebalanced.

Honestly, Syndicate guys autoattck skills are not deadly if you do not facetank them. There are some skills which are deadly and they are so... because of the mechnics. Syndicate guys use player skills and some of them are stupidly powerful against sibgle target being able to deal 6x or higher of autoattack damage when they don't crit.
Last edited by rus9384 on Dec 21, 2018, 5:21:11 AM
The syndicate is not deadly at all if you’re going one on one with any of them, the huge problem (at least for me) is their skill effect topping each other up, there’s janus shit + haku slam + tora that actually charging one shot + mobs spawning + mobs doing skill + mob being rares (sometimes proximity + immunity + bang bing boom whatever) + bone scorpion blast, then I died, with 5,6k HP + 1,5k ES + MoM with full 2,6k MANA. Getting one shotted, over and over again. Creating a jugg with 5,6kHP, 10k armour, boom, one shotted at yellow maps. This is not fun. Making actually tanky character is not good enough anymore, and the reward?? Psshhh.. nothing. Zero exciting things drop from any of em. Can’t even go to 90 due to keep dying. I know if it’s my fault if i’m screwing at positioning, or whatev, but getting iced in a blink of an eye, getting 10% cut on my exp over and over again, no maps dropping is total bullshit.
10k armor isn't really much.

[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
might_99 wrote:
The syndicate is not deadly at all if you’re going one on one with any of them, the huge problem (at least for me) is their skill effect topping each other up, there’s janus shit + haku slam + tora that actually charging one shot + mobs spawning + mobs doing skill + mob being rares (sometimes proximity + immunity + bang bing boom whatever) + bone scorpion blast, then I died, with 5,6k HP + 1,5k ES + MoM with full 2,6k MANA. Getting one shotted, over and over again. Creating a jugg with 5,6kHP, 10k armour, boom, one shotted at yellow maps. This is not fun. Making actually tanky character is not good enough anymore, and the reward?? Psshhh.. nothing. Zero exciting things drop from any of em. Can’t even go to 90 due to keep dying. I know if it’s my fault if i’m screwing at positioning, or whatev, but getting iced in a blink of an eye, getting 10% cut on my exp over and over again, no maps dropping is total bullshit.

Unless you tell us your resists for fire, cold, light and chaos, your stats don't mean much. I have 3k health, no ES, good armour for my level 66 jugg using herald of agony, and 75/75/75/72 for those resists. Syndicate is very easy for me with this. True, I'm only in act 8 and peeps say it will get ridiculous in yellow + maps, but so far no problems for me.

I stand at door for fortification and once I destroy it I go in and destroy healing totems then bosses then leftovers.

"
"
might_99 wrote:

Unless you tell us your resists for fire, cold, light and chaos, your stats don't mean much. I have 3k health, no ES, good armour for my level 66 jugg using herald of agony, and 75/75/75/72 for those resists. Syndicate is very easy for me with this. True, I'm only in act 8 and peeps say it will get ridiculous in yellow + maps, but so far no problems for me.

I stand at door for fortification and once I destroy it I go in and destroy healing totems then bosses then leftovers.

I Agree with this person, I'm sitting here in t7 map Facetanking 3 Syndicate members at once with the "Jugg of all trades" 80% Max resist Loreweave, and have all resists capped(including chaos), all I have to do is hold rightclick and watch their health melt.
"
robmafia wrote:
10k armor isn't really much.

To elaborate: it's roughly equivalent to 1k effective hp against phys hits.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info