At my wit's end with Syndicate one-shots

"
aldorus wrote:
Yesterday, I cleared Fortress encounter, the three Syndicates were already on their knees, I just proceeded to take down one last surviving totem thing inside.

Booom. There was apparently a trap on the ground. 5k Hp + 1k ES + 2k MoM gone. So now I understand the occasional sudden 100% -> 0% deaths. It just happens. Thane snaps and half the gamer population is gone, so to say.

I mean... at this point, I am just scratching my head. Was this designed to be this merciless? I COULD adapt, I am just not sure there aren't better things to do right now

I'm giving them a couple more weeks to fix it, but I'm happy to play other games if they don't. It's not like this is the only game doing exciting stuff right now, and most of the excitement for this one is undermined by the horrible "balance."
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"Weeks?" Ooof. I dont have that left in me. If they dont announce something in a few days, I will probably be done. Either back to Standard, or just go play MTG:Arena.

I did have an dreadful realization today.

If they never nerf syndicate members, my path of exile days may very well be over. This WILL go core. They have already said as much with Jun becoming a master after the league.

I cant have this ultra rippiness permanently. No.F***ing.Way.

If the members get nerfed; fine. I will just deal with having a mechanic I am not crazy about. I can avoid it worst case scenario. But these synidcate members are more dangerous than guardians, or shaper.
I havent tackled maps yet (I'm getting into them) but one thing I noticed is that how there is a huge gap btw syndicate difficulty and the main game content lol (Like syndicate can be as storng if not more than main game content bosses)

And its easy with the syndicate stuff to mess up aka (get 2-3 syndicates attacking you in every encounter) I'm feeling bad for new players that arent coached by experienced player this league lol.
"
ffogell wrote:
I havent tackled maps yet (I'm getting into them) but one thing I noticed is that how there is a huge gap btw syndicate difficulty and the main game content lol (Like syndicate can be as storng if not more than main game content bosses)

And its easy with the syndicate stuff to mess up aka (get 2-3 syndicates attacking you in every encounter) I'm feeling bad for new players that arent coached by experienced player this league lol.

I am in T12s and 13s atm. The gap between the level of danger between the syndicate encounters and the regular game grows exponentially.

As I said in my above post, they are rippier than Guardians or shaper in many instances already.
"
Deliverme wrote:
"Weeks?" Ooof. I dont have that left in me. If they dont announce something in a few days, I will probably be done. Either back to Standard, or just go play MTG:Arena.

I did have an dreadful realization today.

If they never nerf syndicate members, my path of exile days may very well be over. This WILL go core. They have already said as much with Jun becoming a master after the league.

I cant have this ultra rippiness permanently. No.F***ing.Way.

If the members get nerfed; fine. I will just deal with having a mechanic I am not crazy about. I can avoid it worst case scenario. But these synidcate members are more dangerous than guardians, or shaper.

And just think: If this does go core, it will be more rare. Which means you will definitely be off your guard and unprepared for someone to bamf out of the aether and one-shot you. Right now we're all walking around with our assholes tight enough to bend steel, waiting for that goddam portal to open, we're at least prepared and expecting it.
This is a buff™
Don't you love it when 3 intervention members attack you right when you are fighting a red beast? :P

This is definitely the most lethal league I've played. Half of the problem is all the visual clutter and "everything is lava" mechanic (fortification, esp).

I haven't got to red maps, so I can't comment on that difficulty, but if they tone down the clutter, it might already help a lot.

(the final boss is also WTF. A good fight, if you watch a few videos before you do it, and a complete unintuitive mess otherwise)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Dec 14, 2018, 10:29:24 AM
Was going to try and wait and see if GGG will respond, and balance these encounters. But the league has passed a week old, and they havent. With their holiday schedule, I dont think it will happen.

These syndicate encounters are way over tuned. Done with league. Standard? MTG Arena? I dont know... but my disappointment is so massive. I was so excited for this league :(
"
Deliverme wrote:
Was going to try and wait and see if GGG will respond, and balance these encounters. But the league has passed a week old, and they havent. With their holiday schedule, I dont think it will happen.

These syndicate encounters are way over tuned. Done with league. Standard? MTG Arena? I dont know... but my disappointment is so massive. I was so excited for this league :(

But why would you play standard, when you can sabotage the Syndicate encounters? You can make it so they never appear again.

The rest of the league (which is basically past leagues + new crafting) is still good.
"
morbo wrote:
Don't you love it when 3 intervention members attack you right when you are fighting a red beast? :P

This is actually best possible scenario (given 3 member squad attack), because with great stupid beast comes great Eihnar with his powerful attacks and aura. Helps to survive those encounters. Red beasts aren't that bad these days anyway.
"
morbo wrote:

3 Syndicate members + a tormented spirit, that's the fun (no).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info