At my wit's end with Syndicate one-shots

I think the majority of Betrayal issues stem from, not the syndicate members, but more so the rare monsters that spawn with them. A rank 3 syndicate member suddenly turns alot more dangerous when a rare increased physical damage / critical aura is involved.

"
Deliverme wrote:

Edit:

I had an dreadful realization today.

If they never nerf syndicate members, my path of exile days may very well be over. This WILL go core. They have already said as much with Jun becoming a master after the league.

They will nerf them eventually. In the Anarchy league (back when SC and HC leagues had different mods), rogue exiles (ala syndicate), did insane damage. So much so that HC players feared them coming to core. They were nerfed.
I remember Anarchy. God, the game was frustrating back then, and not in any good way. Same problem as now--just raw stats on encounters are arbitrarily high and don't make for interesting encounters because it feels like your build doesn't matter that much.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
I think they are overworked, and perhaps even a bit over confident with the lack of competition in the genre. The issues with the syndicate notwithstanding, them making a decision to remove the +1 totem veil for shields from the game without telling us when the league opened was a very Blizzard like move.

It's the holidays, they are overworked, and I can see them not giving a crap at this point in time. It's a temp league anyhow, and there will be more. If you enjoy the game keep playing or take a break and come back in a few months. If you don't then find something that makes you happy I figure.

Cause they can patch in nerfs to the one shots, but they can't patch back in the loss of rep from being shady and removing something they showcased without telling us until we finally got up in arms and confronted them.

I've been repeating this for some time now - you can't have "challenging" content and instant log-out in one game. If you try to increase the difficulty, will you ALWAYS eventually end up with one-shots - because there is literally nothing else you can do if player can leave instantly.

So until we get rid of this ancient "mechanic" of instant log-outs, one-shots are to stay, sadly.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Dec 15, 2018, 9:07:23 AM
Had to go find out how to "turn off" the league mechanic.

Will just do that

Sucks that is what it comes down to...
"
Perq wrote:
I've been repeating this for some time now - you can't have "challenging" content and instant log-out in one game. If you try to increase the difficulty, will you ALWAYS eventually end up with one-shots - because there is literally nothing else you can do if player can leave instantly.

So until we get rid of this ancient "mechanic" of instant log-outs, one-shots are to stay, sadly.

GGG already made pretty much for challenge seekers. Private leagues, for example. Maybe high level Mastermind fight should really be very hard. And rewarding. But it would need people to have encounters only on, say, T14+ maps. And no way random encounters should be very hard: 3 Syndicate guys in Shaper's realm should not be stronger than Uber Elder.
I agree fully with the OP. I am glad I didn't purchase a supporter pack before league launch, I told myself I will wait this time and see how the league plays. I really want to like this league it has some awesome elements but I just have to avoid it 90% of time because you will get 1-shot out of nowhere.
I would like to get the league supporter pack because I like the armour set and portal, but i cannot condone and support this blatantly overturned league content as it is currently. It would seem obvious to a first day play tester that this content is way overturned at almost all play levels.
Lab is 0 fun. Free the ascension points from lab
I just got one-shot by Vagan on Intervention in a timed Lava Chamber Zana mission, and I'm finally mad about this too. I don't know what exactly killed me or what I could have done about it. It might not be so bad if we had some kind of combat log to tell us how we died, but as is, syndicate one-shots are really frustrating.

Yeah... I'm salty. Having hit yellow maps, the out-of-nowhere deaths are adding up.
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
Well, "the league" is enjoyable again now that I have the syndicate member mechanic "turned off".

Of course, it is just standard... but hey, at least I can play the game and enjoy it :/

Pretty sad that in order to enjoy the league, I had to disable the league mechanic.
"
Deliverme wrote:
Well, "the league" is enjoyable again now that I have the syndicate member mechanic "turned off".

Of course, it is just standard... but hey, at least I can play the game and enjoy it :/

Pretty sad that in order to enjoy the league, I had to disable the league mechanic.
It makes me wonder when the last time a new league's mechanics actually made it worse than standard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info