Discipline

Extrapolating a pattern from what's on the wiki, level 20 is
215 Mana Reserved, +180 Energy Shield

General Feedback: This aura is good for a single player, but provides nothing to the group. Groupmates need to be able to regenerate their energy shield to take advantage of it, which means you have to constantly stay in range. The moment you leave range, you lose the benefit of the aura and have to wait another 6 seconds or more before it comes into effect again, if at all.

Auras like Haste or Grace have beneficial effects for allies immediately, but Max Energy Shield can't come into practical effect immediately, it's not that useful as an aura.
I tried to run this on a Templar and it's plain useless.
Even with Body and soul it's mana to es ratio is far below 1. So no point of even combining it with eldritch battery. No buff from CI.
Running this aura on bloodmagic effectively reduces your hp without giving you anything in return unless you have ridiculous amounts of increased es.

You guys might want to tweak the numbers a little as it's versatility is completely destroyed now.
Last edited by Kaleopan on Jan 28, 2013, 5:46:04 PM
I have a question regarding Discipline and it's use with Eldritch Battery combined without and with other auras.

Without using any auras I have 1113 Mana and when using discipline I get 1328 effective mana (total-reserved mana) so it's an increase.

However, when I activate all of my currently equiped auras: Discipline (180 reserved, 146 added ES), Hatred (24% reserved), Clarity (196 reserved) and Purity (32% reserved) I get and effective mana-pool of 287. If I now disable my Discipline I get an effective mana-pool of 293 mana.

I don't understand why this is, can anyone clarify it for me?

From what I can tell it seems to be related to the %-reserved auras but I can't determine why.

Thanks, Volrath
Last edited by Volraththefallen on Jan 29, 2013, 4:07:34 PM
I don't see the problem?
Discipline adds ES, which is converted to Mana. Your Mana pool increases accordingly.
Disc has a Reservation cost, so your total available Mana goes down.
Your description matches that behaviour exactly.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
I don't see the problem?
Discipline adds ES, which is converted to Mana. Your Mana pool increases accordingly.
Disc has a Reservation cost, so your total available Mana goes down.
Your description matches that behaviour exactly.

That's not what I meant.

It makes no sense that it would increase my effective mana when used on it's own but lower my effective mana when used together with other auras. I don't know how to explain it in any other way.

Or am I missing something?
well i doubt casting in certain order matters. percentage reserve auras are just that, a percent of maximum mana. this aura in combo with elderitch bat, increases your maximum mana. the percent based auras readjust accordingly.

also math. 1113 *0.56 = 624 (after rounding to next full non decimal) +196 =820
then 1113 -820 =293 which is correct.

1328 *0.56 =744 +180 +196 =1120
1328 -1120 =208 so you're reading wrong value, 1328 isn't your maximum mana. additionally, the game will specifically tell you how much you have reserved by mousing over the orb.
Oh, I see. That's an easy one; you have more Mana with Discipline active, which means percentage-reserve Auras will reserve more Mana. So yes, it has to do with the percentage-reserve Auras :)
The benefit is too small to make it worthwhile for you with that setup.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Oh, I see. That's an easy one; you have more Mana with Discipline active, which means percentage-reserve Auras will reserve more Mana. So yes, it has to do with the percentage-reserve Auras :)
The benefit is too small to make it worthwhile for you with that setup.

That's the thing though. It's no benefit, it has negative on the effective mana pool, i.e. the mana I have at my disposal. However I noticed my mana regen is dependent om my maximum mana which makes it worthwhile even if I get a smaller mana-pool.
This aura seemed so important when using ES as a defense and not wanting to use an ES shield... Would be nice if it got unnerfed for non EB users. Asuming the nerf was over EB.
This skill definitely needs a buff(that doesn't interact with EB), like increased ES cooldown recovery or something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info