Discipline

"
Lionguild wrote:
well going by the level 1 gem, it would be a net 1 mana loss. Does the mana to shield ratio improve with higher levels?

When using Eldritch Battery, that 79 energy shield benefits from both passive skills that increase energy shield, and passive skills that increase max mana. My mana-mage is getting 181 mana from a level 1 Discipline gem. Did some math and apparently, my 90% energy shield bonus and 39% max mana bonus are getting added together, for a total of 129% bonus for energy shield to mana conversions.
As others have said, the range on this aura (and others) is too small to benefit minions/party members much, most noticably at low gem levels. This particular aura is especially affected because the energy shield disappears if you move out of range, and doesn't regenerate in combat.

I end up in situations with my minions/party members where the only time they have the energy shield active is at the end of one fight, and it falls off before the next one begins because almost everyone moves out of range (even if it's just an inch, even for just a second).

I would like to see the range increased (on all auras!) or for auras to bestow a temporary buff (that lasts 5 - 10 seconds) which gets refreshed whenever someone with the aura is in range.

I appreciate this may not be possible within the engine currently, as you'd need to have a buff that disappears when the energy shield value reaches 0 and also when the duration reaches 0, but I really think that it would be the best way to make this skill more beneficial to allies.
I notice that if a friendly target (in this case a specter of a Necromancer) already has an energy shield, and they move in range of my aura, their energy shield will remain at full, presumably gaining those extra points of max energy shield instantly. However, if they don't have any energy shield at all, it will take a moment for them to regenerate it. Is this intended?
This is the most broken single gem ever.

Why cant I have a red gem aura with static mana reserve that sinergizes with strenght and life % nodes?

Giving me five times more survivability than I should have?

In short, this should not benefit from energy shield % passive, much less mana % passive, even less from itemization gear! Whats next, support gems as well? For christ's sake, how come this little snow flake becomes an avalanche?

A single secondary aura gem, cheap to cast, turns flimsy witches into rambos.

How come FULL DEFENSIVE Marauders with dont get to have INFINITE FAST REGENERATING ENERGY SHIELD OF DOOM?

And people are complaining that it doesnt benefit minions at all times?!

"It feels like holding my breath under water constantly." Me about the limited "life expectancy" of the inventory space on Path of Exile and frequent needs to go to town to unload.
Last edited by Interesting on May 22, 2012, 1:06:48 AM
"
Interesting wrote:
They're complaining that it doesn't benefit minions at all.
This gem is pretty damn amazing. Perhaps to cull it's outrageously huge potential, make it % based instead of flat number. Even without the range to affect minions that easily (get the aura passives maybe? That'll probably help), it makes my Chaos Innoculation Witch rather invincible. Except against Cold Snap. I hate Cold Snap.
"
Strill wrote:
"
Interesting wrote:
They're complaining that it doesn't benefit minions at all.

Nor does it affect our Marauder friends that jump around like they are constantly snorting cocaine and feel hyper all the time. Wich is sad, because they could make so much more out of the X Energy shield because of their great defensive Abilities.

It could be easily fixed if the "Aura" dispensed a "Energy Shield Buff" that would last X Seconds (make it less than 3 seconds so it wont regenerate much outside the aura). That way if one of our dumb ass zombie friends would leave the aura for a second or two to get swinged at the aura would still be there.

Or they could make energy shield dwindle slower (about the rate it was charging before) when the reason why the shield was gained disapears. Take off Item that gave shield? 3 seconds later the energy shield is gone. Run out of aura? Shield will be at 1/3 of strength after 2 seconds.

On a more curious note (i havent been able to get my shadow high enough to get the skillgem): If you get 100% extra ES - will your buddies/minions get 200% of what the Skill says, or just exactly what it says? If you are on 3 seconds shield recharge delay - will your minions recharge after 3 seconds too?
Maybe I'm missing something...but my Discipline gem
Unavailable
says it adds 163 ES, but when I cast it, i recieve 375..I do Not have Inner force passive, nor do I have Chaos Innoc..was wondering if this is a glitch, or if there is some other formula adjusting the total number...any response would be much appreciated :)
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
@BobRt: If you have cumulated +130% Energy Shield, thats entirely ok.

The gem enhances your "base" Energy Shield like a Armourpiece would, and it gets enhanced by the passives and Magical bonusses.

Same happens with Clarity. The bonus it yields looks bad if you have it on paper, but if you add the +%regen to it, it gets quite good.
I was starting to wonder if that was the case.

So the stated ES is a 'base increase' which is then boosted by ES skill tree nodes and other item boosts.

This makes this gem, and clarity, seem a lot more useful and powerful than I previously thought. It does reserve a lot of mana, but after all of the bonus' applied, it seems quite worth it.

Same w/the Clarity gem.

Thank you for the response!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info