Discipline

Recasting this aura is bugged. Sometimes it just removes the aura, and you have to cast it several times to apply correctly. It is absolutely unpredictable.

Also, I see no reason for having to recast this buff every time one changes zones. I understand why you don't allow minions to enter towns, but removing this aura every time I change zone makes no sense to me.
i love discipline
Who can quest for this and where, anyone?
"
l0rdzedd wrote:
Who can quest for this and where, anyone?

Witch will get this quite early (probably in act 2 norm or act 1 cruel
and templar/shadow should get it in act 1 cruel. Not 100% sure though.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
"
GakuJiu wrote:
This gem is pretty damn amazing. Perhaps to cull it's outrageously huge potential, make it % based instead of flat number. Even without the range to affect minions that easily (get the aura passives maybe? That'll probably help), it makes my Chaos Innoculation Witch rather invincible. Except against Cold Snap. I hate Cold Snap.

I agree that the cost should be a % and not a flat value. It's just more logical this way, in fact I think all auras should work that way.

However, since the ES given by the skill is a flat value and not a percentage, then maybe it's more appropriate that the cost is flat value too.

What I hate about flat values though, is that they tend to become either negligeable in cost and effect, or mega expensive/overpowered. It depends entirely on the rest of your build, and for auras I think that's bad...

Having more auras as percentile costs would discourage maintaining multiple auras. With the current implementation, you can get an enormous Mana total (through fe. Eldritch Battery) and stack a lot of auras. Some builds have lesser Mana totals and cannot maintain multiple auras reliably. Blood Magic builds tend to have no issue at all with flat costs, but are massively crippled by percentile upkeep. I personally don't see a problem.
Don't forget about those of us with Blood Magic; we need auras too!
works as all auras should, balanced and cost is about right.
Mechanics question about how Discipline affect party members.

Person A has the aura on. The skill says (at lvl 17) 359 ES bonus.
Person A has 100% ES increase by passives and his intelligence bonus.
Person B has 20% ES increase by passives and his intelligence bonus.

When A and B play together, B is affected by A's aura.
Does he get 718 ES bonus or 431 ?
Discipline adds to base ES, so person B gets only his own ES bonus.
Inner Force (or Increased Buff effect) too only applies to the person who actually has it, regardless of who cast the aura.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info