Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Discipline

I agree that a buff is needed. And even for EB builds it shouldn't be a complete waste of a gem slot. The Mana:ES ratio should be at least 1:1. Or add some bonus that applies when ES is up.
In closed beta I used this with my shortrange life based templar caster and EB for additional mana.
Even with reduced mana gem I would loose mana now so it is just useless for EB builds imho.

Some witch friends now have a very hard time in merciless act 1 getting enough ES to survive because of the CI, Discipline double ES nerf.

perhaps it is good enough in very lategame with very highend gear but with enough ES CI is still OP becasue not the ES was the Problem, immunity to chaos dmg was

=> You should buff it again imho
I only use this as I'm starving for ES for my CI. I could improve a lot in ES from gear, and I'm working on that as hard as I can.

I think the amount of ES I get is somewhat small compared to what I sacrifice in order to use it.
"
Paprik wrote:
I agree that a buff is needed. And even for EB builds it shouldn't be a complete waste of a gem slot. The Mana:ES ratio should be at least 1:1. Or add some bonus that applies when ES is up.
IGN: Iolar
This could really use some flag so it doesnt work with EB and get buffed up for those using it for defense. Putting it in line with say grace at 1/3rd of the value which seems to be how ES and ER are distributed on armors.
Not sure why people are saying it doesn't work with EB, it's great with EB. Between Reduced Mana and ES% from int/passives, it gives mana fairly quickly, around lvl 35-40 or so. Even when it doesn't, it removes very little but increases maximum mana by a lot, which increases mana regen so it's like Clarity in that regard(costs mana, increases regen).

Now other than EB though, I probably wouldn't use. But it's not as bad as people make it out to be, sure the value is low, but remember you'll often have 100-150% ES from passives and int conversion on most builds who would use this. Once leveled and supported by Reduced Mana, it does turn out to be 1:1 ES to mana eventually. It's just horrible when you first can equip it.
This aura feels a little underwhelming to me. I have +137% ES, 200 intelligence, and Inner Force with a level 12 discipline but it only gives me about 300-400 ES. It's not bad considering the low mana investment, but I think it would be much better if the aura was buffed slightly along with an increase to the reservation cost.
"
Weslie wrote:
This aura feels a little underwhelming to me. I have +137% ES, 200 intelligence, and Inner Force with a level 12 discipline but it only gives me about 300-400 ES. It's not bad considering the low mana investment, but I think it would be much better if the aura was buffed slightly along with an increase to the reservation cost.

I'd change it to 'more' ES and percentage reservation. That would make it stronger for ES-based builds that wear lots of ES gear, but would stop it being free mana for EB users.
"
Incompetent wrote:

I'd change it to 'more' ES and percentage reservation. That would make it stronger for ES-based builds that wear lots of ES gear, but would stop it being free mana for EB users.

I don't see the point stopping EB build getting free mana from discipline, it is far to be overpowered considering the nodes investment required to make it effective. So doing as you suggest would just completely destroy builds resolving around it for no other reason than "it shouldn't work because I think so".
At lvl 66 40% of my mana and mana regen come from discipline + EB, so unless they plan to offer a free respec to all people with eldritch battery, I'm curious to see how they would handle that.
Last edited by SmilingCat on Mar 1, 2013, 11:42:22 PM
"
SmilingCat wrote:
I don't see the point stopping EB build getting free mana from discipline, it is far to be overpowered considering the nodes investment required to make it effective.

What investment? High level Discipline is practically 1:1 anyway, which is profitable even with no bonuses (bigger mana pool increases your regen, even if all the extra mana is reserved).

Another way of saying 'Discipline + EB is 40% of my mana' is to say 'Discipline + EB increased my mana by 66%'. Such a large increase in mana shouldn't come for free!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info