General Gem Discussion

"
boohead wrote:
Why are FP and EK so much more powerful than all the other spells?

Do they plan on tweaking any of this?

I feel like those 2 are good, but not in need of nerf, I feel like it's other spells that need buffing
i wonder, does BM keystone and BM gem scale the same in mana cost for all skills?
blood magic keystone is stronger than the gem as for as costs go (no additional costs via keystone, but you lose your mana pool). using both makes no sense, increasing skill costs via the support gem that is doing nothing different.
Crossposting from my thread in the Suggestions board.
Spoiler
Which took me way too long to find, by the way. So I'm either bad at the search syntax or I can't find the feature that lets me properly view and filter my own posts from my threads and my posts wherein I quote someone and thoughtfully reply.

Very often I go a little crazy trying to figure out which of the skills I have bound are or aren't in certain pieces of armor. Especially at early levels on my characters.

So it would be quite nice if I could hover over a skill that I've bound to QWERT and see where it is in my Inventory menu.

Or even better, see a little Icon in the tooltip that looks like a generic weapon or shield or boot or helmet, so i know where to look in the inventory.I had three great supports that I could've been using across my many weaksauce 3L items.

It turns out my shield was literally holding no skills, yet held Stun, Added Cold Damage, and Melee Physical Damage.
I discovered this screwup after switching weapon sets multiple times and shuffling around gem placement to try and eke out more DPS.

Something like this is what I'm talking about, the blob is meant to look like a shield.
It probably wouldn't be that intrusive, since your skill tooltip could physically only ever be coming from one piece of gear, if i'm not mistaken.

In summary, I'd like a method of identifying which skillgems I've equipped are on which pieces of Gear. Especially when I'm trying to differentiate between my "Forking Freezing Pulse" and my "Faster Projectile Freezing Pulse" and determining which one I'd put into my Wand with "+1 to level of Cold Gems"

Hopefully this is seen here.

Spoiler
I also hope I'm not just being dumb because I've tried pressing combinations of Alt and Ctrl and Shift while hovering over skills, and it doesn't seem to show gear or anything, like I've come to expect from comparing one sword in my inventory to another.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
Last edited by Milchut on Apr 12, 2013, 11:10:35 AM
skill ....
More and more gems are added with patches, isnt it easier to Change the OP into 1 list of all the gems, you click the name and get redirected to the specific thread?
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
Idea for a skill:

Tornado.
Sucks in enemies and keeps them in place. Deals no damage. It's a utility move.
The longer you hold down the skill the more mana it consumes.
Discuss.
"
DarkKaine wrote:
Idea for a skill:

Tornado.
Discuss.

Yeah, I thought about something like that myself. Aside from all its fatal flaws that was one thing Diablo 3 got right, an option to pull enemies.

Personally I think the option of directly pulling would be better as an AoE support gem, because imho PoE has a lack of direct crowd control skills.

It could be something like this, with the radius working similar to Elemental Proliferation:

Pull (although "Suck" was my first idea; but who would want to make a skill suck?!)
Pulls enemies in a radius around the affected area towards you in a straight line.
Radius: 12 (increases with gem-lvl)

regards
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
"
Azdrubel wrote:
"
DarkKaine wrote:
Idea for a skill:

Tornado.
Discuss.

Yeah, I thought about something like that myself. Aside from all its fatal flaws that was one thing Diablo 3 got right, an option to pull enemies.

Personally I think the option of directly pulling would be better as an AoE support gem, because imho PoE has a lack of direct crowd control skills.

It could be something like this, with the radius working similar to Elemental Proliferation:

Pull (although "Suck" was my first idea; but who would want to make a skill suck?!)
Pulls enemies in a radius around the affected area towards you in a straight line.
Radius: 12 (increases with gem-lvl)

regards

Regardless of its name, I totally agree. Although enduring cry is there, but it looks to me that it's just broken.

On other note, GGG please create an Accuracy aura that would benefit both melee and range. Currently almost all non-spell builds require Resolute Technique.
Last edited by y135lc on May 23, 2013, 11:38:04 PM
Something got me thinking lately. We have this wonderful unique item called "Facebreaker", targeted at unarmed builds. However, there are no skill gems specifically targeted at urnarmed builds whatsoever. Therefore it would be nice to see some skill gems that add some extra moves/damage/speed like Martial Arts (dex builds) or Boxing/Wrestling (strength builds).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info