General Gem Discussion

Hi,

I was just wondering if auras like determination and purity works on summoned creatures like specters and skeletons or it just affects heroes.

Please PM me the answer.

Thanks !
Need more "gem recipes"... when too many players have too many gems, vendoring them seems quite a waste.

Perhaps GGG can maybe make the vendors assume all non quality gems as "quality 1%"?
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:
Perhaps GGG can maybe make the vendors assume all non quality gems as "quality 1%"?

That would massively de-value GCPs. A1 Hillock/Dweller/Brutus/Merveil takes a couple minutes with a high level character and gets you four gems. Get five characters past Hillock, grab a high level character, and start melting things.

If you have too many gems, a simple solution would be to not pick up more gems.
Dunno if this is the right thread, but since my problem is related to skills usage...

When you bind left mouse button with a skill that does not require enemy as target (Novas, buffs, totems, etc), the game takes using this skill as higher priority than moving. This means that you can't use LMB to move anymore as you used to.
This makes playing different characters kinda very since you just can't bind similars skills on similar buttons

There should be an UI option that allows to switch LMB priority between moving and using skill so the only way you'd use it now is with holding Shift.
I talked with my buddies and turns out that we use shift even with mob-targeted skills to prevent character from unexpected movements, so such an option should be brilliant.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
We are getting too many skills and there is only a limited amount of slots in gears and hotkeys to use them. For 1-3 wonder button builds like most of the caster builds, this isnt an issue but certain build like most melee builds requires many different utility skills simply to have a decent chance to survive. I suggest 2 things:

1) More hotkeys
Expand the hotkey bar or add it as an option. It can take up the whole area above the XP bar or replace the orbs. Look at ragnarok online or lineage skill bars, these decade-old games managed to make them customizable and can cram lots of data in a small space:
Spoiler

2) Allow players to use gems without needed equipment sockets
OK I agree that socket linking and support gem is great but swapping gears around to use certain skill is very annoying, not to mention the case with many utility builds as explained above. Thus I suggest allowing players to unlock slots on their own character and put gems there. This'd lessen the stress on perfect fusing and allow players to have some breathing room with the amount of skills they want to use while still retain their ability to heavily beef their main skills up. Something like this:

+ Character sockets are forged using a new orb, Orb of Knowledge. They can be purchased from vendors for 1 Gemcutter's Prism (GCP). They never naturally drop. They also dont stack with each other. Sockets are created with 0 quality and is of a random color.
+ When slain in PVE, a functional socket will be randomly chosen. Said socket will lose 1 quality. If it has no quality, it will be broken and any gem inside cannot be used. If the gem within is removed or the socket is empty to begin with, it will be removed. Using an orb of scouring also provide this effect. This is the only way to "reroll" socket color.
+ When slain in PVP, a randomly chosen socket will be damaged. Gems cannot be socketed into or removed from a damaged socket. Any gems already inside still function normally. People thus can safely PVP infinitely, it just make their character more inflexible over time.
+ Using the orb of knowledge grant up to one character socket. The chance decrease with the amount of sockets already possessed by the character. 90%^#_socket_posessed maybe? Socketing one orb of knowledge into an existing character socket will, in order of preference, remove broken status or remove damaged status or increases its quality by 1 up to 20 or vanish without achieving anything.
+ To accommodate the new consumption, GCPs now can also be obtained by vendoring 30 different 0 quality skill gems and 30 different 0 quality support gems (60 total, full inventory)
+ Gems placed in character sockets dont earn exp.
+ All character sockets are no-link. Orbs of fusing have no effect.
+ The quality of gems placed in character sockets is its own quality or the socket's quality, whichever is lower.
Please pardon my bad english
Last edited by rephikul on Mar 12, 2013, 9:53:26 PM
why "increased attack speed" can't act on the totem and trap?(cast time)
all of people used totem and trap,
is it unfair for non-caster build?
IGN:ReanOfAzeroth
Neither Traps nor Totems are Attack Skills. That's why they don't benefit from an Attack-specific bonus. Traps (and Mines) are laid faster with Trap Laying Speed, and Totems are Spells; they benefit from Increased Cast Speed.
Please make Whirling Blades work with 1hand axes? please ?_?
It would be nice to have a different background on a quality gem or item wen it is in your inventory, so it is noticable without hovering over it.

Great additions so far!
"
balaczar wrote:
It would be nice to have a different background on a quality gem or item wen it is in your inventory, so it is noticable without hovering over it.

Great additions so far!
How about gem color saturation gets progressively brighter as the gem quality increases? Then you can do ART IN YOUR STASH OMG!

Also would be cool.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info