General Gem Discussion

I want to see new skill gem in the game. It's lightning sphere spell which can bounce between enemies at limited range(like Piety's). Add it please.
need info on spell totem does the spell damage on my wand apply to the spell totem ? and what about a dual totem build will all the stats on a wand apply to the totem ? any info would be great :)
Totems use the skill 'for you', using your stats and all that. The only difference is a Cast Speed and Damage penalty present on the Spell Totem support gem.
New Gems are a Good Idea :O
power charges need more love, especially in terms of mele characters being able to generate them. I should be able to generate them not with a different color gem than blue.
IGN EnderInExile
id like to see some type of healing spells or supportive spells/auras. maybe in form of curses? but a curse that gives each player in the area a certain amount of heath and maybe a shorter armor buff... may even be the idea of a whole new class. a support, kind of, with early passives that buff supportsspells.

kthxbye
IGN: GreybeardDownstairsHCII
Are there any plans for more gems to be added before release? specifically
- White gems
- Party/minion buffing skills
- Different minions.
Probably has been said already in this huge post, but anyway:

Skill gem tooltips:
They need to list the numeric changes (damage, mana cost, attribute reqs, etc), of what they will be when you click to level them up to the next level.

ie:
Generic damage skill
Rank 1
20-40 damage
Mana cost: 10
Req: 21 int, lvl: 4
---------------------
next level
27-50 damage
Mana cost: 12
Req: 23 int, lvl: 5
Dunno if Mark checks this thread anymore.

But I want to say that I think the skills in this game are WONDERFULLY designed. Pretty much every skill (and support, even!) has its own unique flavor with different intricacies that make them satisfying to use, as well as systematic and predictable in a way.

The only grievance I might have is that some skill gems seem underpowered, like Arc or Elemental Hit. But I actually haven't tried either of those two skills as main damage dealers asides from arc on a physical wander, and most of the time I do a fine job killing my enemies, so I can't say it from personal experience really.

GGG deserves a great amount of kudos and congratulations for their gem system.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Zewks wrote:
... They need to list the numeric changes (damage, mana cost, attribute reqs, etc), of what they will be when you click to level them up ...

+1000

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info