General Gem Discussion

The quality bonus of some gems should be modified.

For example, Aura skills. I don't see any good for auras to have a larger area. Maybe it's good in team play, but the lvl20 effect area is already enough. Aura gem quality should have some diversity bonus.
when will you add discussion threads for support gems? I tried to look for Multistrike but had to disappoint.

Anyways: is it intended that when you hit a mob with skill supported with multistrike you totally lose control of your character, if there are mobs all around you?

I mean that, when I multistrike hit mob for example with double strike or lightning strike, and if other mobs come into melee range my character does all 3 hits to different targets if possible.

I dont like this, since its very hard to focus on main target like summoner. Takes ages to kill summoner if there are for example other summoners doing summons to your melee range too.

I would prefer if the target would be the one you actually target.

Best,
Cudez
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
"
Cudez wrote:
when will you add discussion threads for support gems?

They... They're right there. In the Support Gem forum. :P

And yes, it's intended that Multistrike makes your character fairly uncontrollable.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 15, 2013, 8:30:16 AM
About multistrike aka zeal
That's okay that support gem increase your dps and lover cost
So if you want zeal to be used on same target (dual strike skill)
That whould be imbalanced and have no any sense

Right now I'm not playing cos far away from pc xD
But can tell about
Infernal aoe + direct multi or
Flicker with multi
That already confirm multistrike's opness
RIP English :D
GMT +4
I had a couple of ideas for new skills.

- Ravenous appetite:
Curse, AoE, Duration, Spell
Causes cursed entities to ignore combat targets if a corpse is within range. Entity will Go straight to the nearest corpse, and consume it. Entity will gain 10% of the corpses full life upon consumption.
Levelling gem increases radius of detection range.
Gem Quality increases the time it takes to consume a corpse.

I see this skill as a crowd control curse better suited to PvE than PvP, but if GGG wants to implement an AI takeover of the character for the duration of the curse then it could work for PvP too, but be OP likely.

- Glowing apparition:
Minion, Spell, Support
When supporting an aura, creates a minion with limited life and no combat ability. This minion will wield the aura instead of the exile.
Levelling this gem will grant this minion more mana.
Gem quality will grant this creature Armour or ES or Evasion in a cycle.

I see this skill freeing up some mana (or life for BM users) enabling them to use more expensive attacks/spells, at the cost of having to defend this helpless minion.

Any discussion on these skills would be appreciated and welcomed. Any suggestions on how to improve them?
Heres few ideas:

First I would love if you could make Power Siphon a melee skill in addition to being ranged wand skill. It has very nice melee base already since its physical attack and can be combined with life leech very well. I spent 4-hours last night making a power siphon claw build and it would had rocked my socks if had worked.

Second I would like to see Frenzy support gem. Would give alot more value to frenzy passives like Power charge on crit support gem.

Third - I think casters are the least played builds ingame atm. And not without reason - they suck. I would love to see more castable spells. At the moment I would really want to dip my braincells into planning something that would end up being a "caster". Few problemns I see with present castable spåells:

a) Its sad that the classic "glass cannon" caster is so heavily affected by reflect damage. You cant build a proper "mage/nuker" since you have to take reflect into consideration. Some support skill that would counter reflect might do wonders.

b) Most spells have slow animation and slow cast speed! Casters need to be able to kite and move fast - not stand still and cast spells that take forever to hit targets.

c) Give casters more Crowd Control. Some ideas around this could be: root, slow, paralysis, sleep etc etc.

d) Give casters more Dot's. Burning damage seems to be only mechanic that actually works around DoT mechanics. Maybe a Chaos damage curse would be nice.

So basically. maybe a DoT curse and a fast cast long range spell.

Fourth and final: Please do something to puncture! At present state is only a secondary skill - if you want it at all. Maybe a support skilll that would give some extra mechincs into it would be nice. An "Icnreases effect over time" support?

Best,
Cudez
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
Last edited by Cudez on Jul 30, 2013, 8:00:06 AM
"
Some support skill that would counter reflect might do wonders.

A nice high level Arctic armour with high resist will counter reflected fire quite well. Takes a lot of mana to be able to run with it, but a "switch on before casting" function works easy enough with it.
That said, it would be nice if there were similar skills for those that don't use fire spells.
Last edited by magpye on Aug 3, 2013, 3:38:12 PM
Hi,

In the patch where physical damage was buffed and mob health of lowbie monsters was also buffed, the spell gems and their damage were neglected. I wanted to ask and see if GGG ever thought about re looking at the spell gems to see if some of their damage needed to be compensated for the lower levels. A lot of physical damage skills (especially cleave, leap slam, and rain of arrows) are way better in races due to these buffs, while the spell gems (EK, ice nova, freeze pulse) are less effective.
Reave skill discussion topic?
"
splitsticks wrote:
Reave skill discussion topic?
third page of this forum section... or here you go, first page of the reave skill thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info