0.9.7 Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.7
Notes:

Path of Exile's higher difficulty levels are a lot more difficult than before! It's expected that players will have to pick defensive options in order to be able to survive.

Good change will be more challenging
http://path-of-exile.pl Polska strona

http://poestatistics.com Ladder statistics
Last edited by Grom on Mar 19, 2012, 4:12:52 AM
"
XaMaNTeX wrote:
i was looking forward to this update but it is failure it is a total failure

I agree, the game is not even enjoyable anymore. I don't understand why GGG felt the need to "fix" something that wasn't broken. 90% damage reduction and getting 3 shotted in chaos with 3 ppl in the group.... seems legit. Done playing this until they fix the mob damage scaling with multiple players in the instance. Not enjoyable at all.
Download Patch atm, wehn i am finish make a new char 100% for good testing and to see new rewards for next ladder race :), guy this patch looks so great thanks on all DEVs for the hard work. And the new Website layout looks very cool.

regards Flucser
HARDCORE ONLY ~ ONE LIFE IS ENOUGH

"Some people" will never learn to appreciate, and know what hard work is.

Apart from that, shokked early today when i see the new site layout, and updated Passive Skill Tree Planner doesn't fall behind either !

Reading patch notes was totally eye-gasmic experience. Lots of very exciting and interesting news. Had given a long break, will give my usual feedback after i fully tested my build. Congratz once again GGG, well done !
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
finally came through the loooong list if changes *amazed*

So far I have a lot of 'likes' (new skills, uniques, !auras! etc) and a few 'dislikes' (Charge nerfs, remake of Hex Master).

I've found ONE bug so far...
The online skill planner isn't counting your stat points (STR, INT, DEX) from passives any longer.
"
XaMaNTeX wrote:
Care to elaborate on that? What makes it not enjoyable for you?

Keep in mind that the devs' goal is to make the game fun for release, not necessarily as fun as possible now. What if you look at it from the perspective of a new player? Do you think you would find the game fun if this was the first version you've played?
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
eriz wrote:
"
XaMaNTeX wrote:

I agree, the game is not even enjoyable anymore. I don't understand why GGG felt the need to "fix" something that wasn't broken. 90% damage reduction and getting 3 shotted in chaos with 3 ppl in the group.... seems legit. Done playing this until they fix the mob damage scaling with multiple players in the instance. Not enjoyable at all.

Cry, game was too easy, chaos was easy for certain builds and out of reach for other builds, Now people need to use their brains to actually play in most challenging places in the game.

That "chaos too hard" thing really creeps me when I here it, 95% of chaos playing was 1 guy killing 5 guys leeching for easy exp and huge drops. I would ever say I would ban those guys they only think about getting rich ASAP 0 testing or help not even one post on forum.

Game is hard? That is how it should be. Also why softcore players throw that garbage here... I mean I just saw level 66 witch died in HC, completly mannered guy died by bug and he wasn't even 5% as much pissed as you are.

I don't mean to offend anyone here it's just how I see this things. Get real this game need to be challenging I'm playing 3 weeks for now and I have already near godlike stuff all I found is worth like 100 exalts ... So Yes I think increasing difficulity Is great choice and great way of test for players. I'm sure they will addjust it later because there will be HUGE amount of cry from casual players coming out soon or now or even it is already coming :) It's just the game and people should understand that higher diffiulity levels are made for more challenge and they must be hard. Quitting the game just because you can't farm chaos with full leech party only mean that you are scrub who only think about his own stash in game and nothing more than that (again no offense here).
Last edited by deMoxE on Mar 19, 2012, 6:32:07 AM
"
deMoxE wrote:
Read the first post they wouldnt need to wipe passive tree with full wipe.

Even when they wipe, the new legacy chars also would have to reset their skill tree if its affected by changes.

But as announced, no wipe for 0.9.7
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
deMoxE wrote:
Read the first post they wouldnt need to wipe passive tree with full wipe.

Even when they wipe, the new legacy chars also would have to reset their skill tree if its affected by changes.

But as announced, no wipe for 0.9.7

Yes, but.. If they would wipe everything I'm sure they will write it at first place.

But anyway my bad I should just answer it directly than asking to read more carefully :)
Just respecced my lvl 58 Deulist in HC and went straight to Maelstrom of Chaos. The very first enemy was a melee lightning skele and killed me in 3 hits. Ouch.

On another note, I like the new keystone and notable passive art as well as the flavor text on keystones. I also like the keystone enhancement extensions on Hex Master and Acrobatics, cool idea.

Oh, and I like the new and darker website look. It's much easier on my eyes now with the extra contrast. Nice job.
Last edited by FaceLicker on Mar 19, 2012, 7:02:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info