0.9.7 Patch Notes

It just mean that you guys probably do things wrong, people need some time to get used to it. I personally do balanced builds always and didn't have any problem in transition with this patch. Probably starting from mechanics forum would help to impove your game guys. The game isn't unfair, unfair it was when I've seen 9.6 guys 1 shooted chaos with full party leechers.

The armor reduction is and ESTIMINATE armor reduction and it only means that average hit by mob with similir level to you would reduce the damage by that amount. But when it comes to critical hits and over 2k damage hits, having even 10k armor don't give you 90% reduction. Because damage reduction is scalling with the damage amount. The stronger the hit is basically the more armor you need to reduce it by the same percentage amount. Granite flasks with % evasion or armor bonus are cheap and fast answer for that and an great ad-hoc solution for now. Stacking bigger armor amount is your best bet if you want to tank. Damage the monsters do now can easly brake trough potions healing rate too, which means we can't just run in 40 mobs like before. Team co-op with mulitple auras, supporting curses will do the job (which is great immo in terms of gameplay and party playing).

What is great now that paper builds don't work so good anymore, and people are forced to actually use their brain, probably even cooperate in chaos to make more profit and faster exp (which makes sense doubtlessly). Stack up defence and balance the non-power mods on their items.

It looks like the devs want to test the game under the matter of difficulity, and they want from us something more than leech the game. The beta isn't mean to make profit it's mean to test the game and polish it. We should play it, I could feel bad too, my lvl 56 maruder IN HC can't ruthless so easy, I can die in 4 sec when i DC (I was building him to survive the disconnections because my ISP isn't any good) what I do now is play more careful, at last for the time i stack up more armor life and evasion. That's all but it is a lot more fun and challenging for sure. And the HC races gonna be merciless as never :)

To last post, when you leeched half of your game time or more man how you expect getting good items at all? There are ways to farm efficient and actually it doesn't take so much time to get the right gear. Ofcourse if by playing trough game without problems you mean cleaning whole chaos with single click, no it's not so easy and it shouldn't be it's bonus content for high end play purposes. And about higher difficulity levels... It should be hard, I always stop somewhere to farm a bit no matter which game I play it's just seems to work a lot better when you stop in right place and kill more stuff that can drop more items than just usual runs do (even in 3 hour races here on HC it does help you a lot).

This game just looks a lot more entertaining when it's hard but like I said before, most of the casuals will hate it that they are not able to "clean" everything and everywhere with ease. And probably there will be only few optional areas where it is hard in the future versions of the game (it still will be a pain for casuals that it's not avaliable to them with ease).
Last edited by deMoxE on Mar 19, 2012, 3:14:43 PM
Il say only this.If you can finish all other difficulties (but a lot harder now), but you have BIG problems in chaos, then they did a good job. They only need to implement somthing between chaos and last dificulty, so you can choose where to play, but chaos must always be almost impossible, and for the only few players that don't have a life.

Most of people don't like the patch because the 1 kill hit build is not working anymore.Now we need to adapt a new strategy. The patch is not perfect balanced, and I think there should be more bonuses for defence pasives, but to have a glass cannon is much more harder now. I personally like the shift to make defense more important, but think, the increase of dmg of enemies is higher the increase in passive bonuses and armors.
Last edited by Ragnar119 on Mar 19, 2012, 3:37:06 PM
"
Ragnar119 wrote:
Most of people don't like the patch because the 1 kill hit build is not working anymore.Now we need to adapt a new strategy. The patch is not perfect balanced, and I think there should be more bonuses for defence pasives, but to have a glass cannon is much more harder now. I personally like the shift to make defense more important, but think, the increase of dmg of enemies is higher the increase in passive bonuses and armors.

While I think 0.9.7 is a little bit too hard, I agree with your comment. The game needed to be harder, normal through merciless was a joke. I often didn't need to pot for health, ever.

Now, tactics are required. You can't just wade in and slash everything to bits. Choose your battles, take on packs in pieces, and watch out for those archers.

Players will adjust to the new landscape.
"
deMoxE wrote:
It's Kaom and Hyrri I guess, Looks great.

20% done, My connection is merciless today ^^

After seeing them, I want nothing more than to kill them...

I really hope that they release the actual artwork that was used to make the new website layout... ALSO please let me see Voll! I promise not to show ANYONE.
I noticed something interesting.
The support gem that grants Ignite(I think ~33% chance) causes burning.
The New support gem Elemental Proliferation causes burning to AoE.
Burning is 4/3 of dmg over 3-4 sec forget which.

At first I thought Elemental Proliferation would be a witch thing for fireball/freezing stuff. But if you put these gems on heavy strike, your now AoEing heavy strike 1/3 of the time which can be boosted by the burning passive 100%.

Issues:
33% chance to AoE.
Takes 2 Gems to AoE that could be gemmed for damage.
Benifits:
Can use passives to increase the damage in place of gems.
Heavy strike has a much higher base damage than cleave.
Chaos Is Life, Life Is Chaos, Control Is An Illusion.
Thanks Maetaphor for my Beta Key :)
Why no wipe? A new ladder would have been sweet. Now i see no motivation to level up a new dude
Last edited by iiss on Mar 19, 2012, 9:59:49 PM
"
eldragon0 wrote:
"
XaMaNTeX wrote:
I'm playing 3 weeks for now and I have already near godlike stuff all I found is worth like 100 exalts ... .

Sadly this quote negates your entire statment...Might I add i agree with it all... I enjoy the game , I've leeched one lvl from 59-60 so i can wear 60 gear, and started grinding again. But you don't seem to realize... that an arpg's goal is to get the best gear to make the game easier. When you say you have godly gear your GG and it SHOULD NOT BE HARD. If its hard for someone with godly gear it will be impossible for someone with mediocre gear like 70% of the player base. I've been playing since 9.3 and I have yet to get one godly drop of any item worth more then even 1 exalted.

Right there with you! I have not found one unique or 1 godly item all the time i have been playing! Just unlucky I guess!
"
deMoxE wrote:
It's Kaom and Hyrri I guess, Looks great.

20% done, My connection is merciless today ^^

I think that the characters on the forum background are the "true" forms and aparences of AoF and CI!
hope we'll see them ingame, maybe in the cash shop ?

...and for the patch, i'vent the right time to play it enough, just starting a new character and already seen the difficulty increase.
i have to see more to give something constructive about it.
... nothing
"
__Z__ wrote:
I think that the characters on the forum background are the "true" forms and aparences of AoF and CI!
hope we'll see them ingame, maybe in the cash shop ?

that would be awesome!
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
eldragon0 wrote:
"
XaMaNTeX wrote:
I'm playing 3 weeks for now and I have already near godlike stuff all I found is worth like 100 exalts ... .

Sadly this quote negates your entire statment...Might I add i agree with it all... I enjoy the game , I've leeched one lvl from 59-60 so i can wear 60 gear, and started grinding again. But you don't seem to realize... that an arpg's goal is to get the best gear to make the game easier. When you say you have godly gear your GG and it SHOULD NOT BE HARD. If its hard for someone with godly gear it will be impossible for someone with mediocre gear like 70% of the player base. I've been playing since 9.3 and I have yet to get one godly drop of any item worth more then even 1 exalted.

No, even the player with godly items should live challenge if not that much for the rest, but should do definitly, otherwise he will end up bored to death, that we were living these kinda stuations A LOT in previous series. 0.9.7 is a successfull patch for that it eliminated most of the unfair balance issues, if not all, and didn't make final point yet obviosuly.

People will learn to suit themselves better and better only in time.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info