[3.5] Piercing Maelstrom of Steel - Lancing Steel Deadeye - 12 Million Shaper Dps - (Updated)

"
Savari94 wrote:
"
armourine wrote:
Would a yoke of suffering add to this build? Thanks for the guide.

It's workable. The problem is it has no life. As far as dps goes, its equivalent to 20-40c amulet if you just have the ignite, poison and bleed. More if you can somehow reliably shock and freeze things. Overall I think a rare amulet will serve you better in the long run but yoke of suffering should work as a place holder in the mean time. However if you want to run a no life amulet for mapping and you don't have farrul's fur I think Victario's Acuity will have bigger dps increase with charges up if you can fit it in your resistance balancing game.

Thanks for your detailed insight! Agree with your assessment.
Last edited by armourine on Dec 25, 2018, 8:37:12 AM
Why doesn't this build use blood rage?
"
theclaww wrote:

Our natural life Regen isn't higher than the 4% per second that bloodrage takes so it doesn't work with damage on full life support.
Any tips on how to level this build? Anything you like until 28 and then lancing steel? Or ... something else? Ta.
"
zedzed_uk wrote:
Any tips on how to level this build? Anything you like until 28 and then lancing steel? Or ... something else? Ta.

Both frost blades and shattering steel (lvl 12) work good for leveling until lvl 28. Duel-wield the highest dps swords you can get your hands on, tho weapons with higher base aps will feel smoother to play with. I recommend going on poe trade every 5-15 lvls or so and filtering 1-handed swords with a buy out of 1c max and requiring your current level or less. Then sort by physical dps and pick one with a balance of high dps and aps. One-socket tombfists (lvl 36) are cheap and are a good pick up early if you can get a decent murderous eye jewel in there. Keep a mana potion or two handy until you have enough dps for your mana leech to kick in and get your move skill set-up in place as soon as possible. After that it should be smooth sailing.
Last edited by Savari94 on Dec 31, 2018, 4:19:10 PM
"
"
Lancing Steel is a skill that has:

Has range
-Scales with Far Shot

so, why we're not getting far shot then?

It's on beltimber blade so we don't need to spec into it.
What do you think the best way to get cannot be stunned into the build? Trying some uber elder runs and have alot of issues with getting stunned if i get hit by anything. Basically turns any shaper ball or ice spear into a 1 shot even though it doesn't kill me bc it stuns. Guess its just the nature of these kinds of builds for Uber Elder though, gotta play the fight basically perfectly.
"
theclaww wrote:
What do you think the best way to get cannot be stunned into the build? Trying some uber elder runs and have alot of issues with getting stunned if i get hit by anything. Basically turns any shaper ball or ice spear into a 1 shot even though it doesn't kill me bc it stuns. Guess its just the nature of these kinds of builds for Uber Elder though, gotta play the fight basically perfectly.

There is no easy fix to that unfortunately. Kiara's Determination can help if you are only occasionally getting stunned. If its just this one fight giving you trouble you can pick up Lioneye's Paws but your going to need a rare helment with life and resists to run it.
"
theclaww wrote:

"

After messing around on path of building I think I've got a solution to both your questions.

New passive tree-

Farrul's Fur Version:
www.poeurl.com/ceHY

Lioneye's Vision Version:
www.poeurl.com/ceH1

I pathed to the increased stun threshold node in-front of the marauder start. Hopefully that takes care of the stun problem. As a side bonus the tree now has enough life regen to run blood rage and still have damage on full life work.

You do have to drop the golem to fit in blood rage tho.

Overall:
+ Higher dps
+ Higher life
+ Higher stun threshold
- No free resistances from tree
- No bonus 50% health from life flasks

If you drop the 2 points in-front of the ranger start you can go alira for your bandits and get some resists back at a slight dps loss if your need to.

If you want to give it a try let me know how it works out.
This might have been asked before but im dumb so i can't find it, what pantheons are we running?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info