[3.5] Piercing Maelstrom of Steel - Lancing Steel Deadeye - 12 Million Shaper Dps - (Updated)

I'm sticking to shattering steel, pure phys, despite it not working quite as we expected. As I'm stubborn!

The damage is a LOT better than I expected. PoB doesn't quite work it out right, but I'm doing balde flurry levels of damage (not super ridculous statstick full conversion levels of course) with average gear.

Clear isn't great, clear speed mostly comes from our leap slam speed, and slamming into packs, but we often leave stragglers that need clearing up. But it's not awful.

Up to T10 (Not played much, bad luck with map drops) survivability has been a lot better than expected with the evasion and dodge stacking - considering I was < 4.5k life on a 'melee' build until about lvl 85. Re-jigged for more life now.

Current gear

"
Carlovski wrote:
I'm sticking to shattering steel, pure phys, despite it not working quite as we expected. As I'm stubborn!

The damage is a LOT better than I expected. PoB doesn't quite work it out right, but I'm doing balde flurry levels of damage (not super ridculous statstick full conversion levels of course) with average gear.

Clear isn't great, clear speed mostly comes from our leap slam speed, and slamming into packs, but we often leave stragglers that need clearing up. But it's not awful.

Up to T10 (Not played much, bad luck with map drops) survivability has been a lot better than expected with the evasion and dodge stacking - considering I was < 4.5k life on a 'melee' build until about lvl 85. Re-jigged for more life now.

I have no issues with the clear speed, seems pretty quick for me. I use whirling over leap slam but that is more of a preference. A high pDPS main hand would make a big difference as well as gem levels for you; your gems are still under 20 and no quality.

I do have an issue sometimes with a few stragglers, but I don't see that as a huge problem. Packs that are tight together just melt.

Map bosses and syndicate members die in a matter of seconds. So far only the mastermind fight has been challenging. (though I haven't done it since a bunch of upgrades to life and damage, and I wasn't really sure what I was doing either)

I am currently working on completing the atlas and will be doing guardians, shaper and red tier elder this weekend hopefully.
Farrul's fur is going for at least 20 ex right now. Should we use Farrul's bite even without Farrul's fur?

Thank you.
"
Beaumer21 wrote:
Farrul's fur is going for at least 20 ex right now. Should we use Farrul's bite even without Farrul's fur?

Thank you.

I didn't think we would be able to run aspect of the cat without the o% mana reservation from Farrul's Fur but after messing around a bit I think I got a pretty good solution that's better than everything else short of farrul's fur and it's not ridiculously expensive.

So... Farrul's Bite + Lioneye's Vision

Change the helm 4-link to:

Herald of Ash
Herald of Purity
War Banner

Enlighten (lvl 3 should be fine, lvl 2 is probably passable)

And the 3-link you took the heralds from to:

Vaal Haste
Increased Duration
Summon Lighting Golem

And change the passive tree to this:

www.poeurl.com/cc4J

If you choose not to use lioneye's vision you will need to drop a point into the mana leach node by the sword wheel. If mana feels good you can move the points from Mana Flows into Druidic Rite for increased flask duration.

Overall only 10% dps downgrade for saving 20 exalts, not bad.

Last edited by Savari94 on Dec 19, 2018, 7:46:51 PM
"
Gr3mlin0815 wrote:
@Savari94: Thanks for your Feedback :) And you're probably right about ancestral protector.

But if you go for haemophilia gauntlets as krasman suggested, you can drop herald of ash and then go for brutality as support, instead of damage on full life. This way you can use blood rage for additional attack speed and dps and run grace/haste as aura instead.

Alrighty the reason I don't like haemophilia (it is cool item tho) is that tombfists are so much better. You lose about 250 life and 15% (10% for 1 abyss socket) dps by not using them. They grant intimidate which gives 10% more dps by itself.

As for Brutality you have to give up so much dps to use it. It also does't work with Vile Toxins since you need poison stack for it to work. Going to list the supports in dps order, then we can use them to do some math.

(59% more) Brutality
(50% more) Vile Toxins (does not work with Brutality)
(49% more) Damage at Full Life (does not work with Blood Rage)
(44% more) Maim
(39% more) Vicious Projectiles
(29% more) Slower Projectiles
(21% more) Chance to Bleed

For your build this is what you gain/loose dps wise with: Haemophilia + Brutality + Blood Rage + Haste:

+ 59% (Brutality)
+ 21% (Chance to Bleed)
+ 6% (Blood Rage)
+ 5% (Haste)
+ 5% (Haemophilia)
= +96%, 25% more mana reserved

- 50% (Vile Toxins)
- 49% (Damage at Full Life)
- 20% (Tombfists)
- 15% (Have to use worse flasks since most don't work with Brutality)
- 8% (Herald of Ash)
= -142%, +250 life

Grand total is:

-46% dps, -250 life, 25% more mana reserved by using that setup.

Sorry I don't mean to tear your builds apart. Play what you want and find fun but dps wise that setup leaves a little to be desired.

Last edited by Savari94 on Dec 19, 2018, 11:53:33 PM
Any videos ? :)
"
qrowNN wrote:
Any videos ? :)

Life has been a little busy lately but I'll try to get some up soon.
Hi, currently trying your build as a second character this league and it feels pretty enjoyable for now :)
I still have a (stupid) question : why are you using combustion with ancestral protector ? i don't get the synergy. (I'm pretty new to the game and there's so much information that i have hard time to follow)

Sorry for my question and my bad english and thanks four your build.
"
Aston007 wrote:
Hi, currently trying your build as a second character this league and it feels pretty enjoyable for now :)
I still have a (stupid) question : why are you using combustion with ancestral protector ? i don't get the synergy. (I'm pretty new to the game and there's so much information that i have hard time to follow)

Sorry for my question and my bad english and thanks four your build.

No worries. Combustion is just me trying to squeeze out some dps. With Herald of Ash we do a little bit of fire damage so having the totem ignite and lower the fire resistance of a boss gives a 1-3% dps increase. Not very much overall. If your planning on playing without Farrul's Fur you wont have power charge generation so you will probably see a bigger dps increase dropping combustion and the golem then squeezing in orb of storms linked with power charge on critical.
~~~~
Last edited by Kazesosa on Dec 22, 2018, 1:38:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info