[3.5] Piercing Maelstrom of Steel - Lancing Steel Deadeye - 12 Million Shaper Dps - (Updated)

Updated Guide
I love the updated guide! I respeced to your build and it's working really well. Clear speed is fine, but mechanics are something you need to get used to. You have to remember that you need to click closer to your position, if you wanna spread your projectiles. For single target however it's usually best to whirl away as fast as you can and then click on them.

Did you consider using hatred instead of herald of purity? It's worse for impale damage, but it's nice freezing and shattering your enemies. Also i feel like slower projectiles is too good to skip for this build. Usually your projectiles are still fast enough so it doesn't slow down your clear speed.

Also blood rage increases the dps of the build greatly and makes clearing much faster. And instead of ancestral protector a simple decoy totem linked to increased duration could be used.
Last edited by Gr3mlin0815 on Dec 17, 2018, 6:13:15 AM
My build is pretty similar to yours; Haemophilia gloves are enough to have good clear speed over not using Brutality and using Herald of Ash.

I have been finding Shattering Steel to be a lot better for clearing, but single target Lancing Steel does pull ahead.

High DPS foil/ Beltimber does seem to be the way to go.
@krasman: Using Haemophilia sounds like a really good idea for this build. How does your link setup look like when you're using brutality and what auras are you using if you drop herald of ash?
"
Gr3mlin0815 wrote:
@krasman: Using Haemophilia sounds like a really good idea for this build. How does your link setup look like when you're using brutality and what auras are you using if you drop herald of ash?

Don't want to derail OP post too much but:

Shattering Steel / Increased Crit / Viscious Proj / Brutality / Maim / Slower Proj
Damage at Full Life is nice but I don't leech enough sometimes

I have 1x Beltimber and helm enchant so I don't use GMP. (picked up an insane Foil recently)

For auras Herald of Purity, Banner and Blasphemy Vulnerbility; CWDT Curse and running Haste might be better though.

Last edited by krasman on Dec 17, 2018, 1:52:30 PM
Hi there, any chance you plan on adding some videos of the build in action at some point?
hi what is the acendincy order?
"
Karriane wrote:
Hi there, any chance you plan on adding some videos of the build in action at some point?

I'll try to get some up soon.

"
hi what is the acendincy order?

You need rupture second, other than that its pretty optional tho.

However: Gathering Winds -> Rupture -> Fast and Deadly -> Powerful Precision is probably best. Just make sure your using a Pierce Support or have Lioneye's Vision until you have Powerful Precision.
"
Gr3mlin0815 wrote:
I love the updated guide! I respeced to your build and it's working really well. Clear speed is fine, but mechanics are something you need to get used to. You have to remember that you need to click closer to your position, if you wanna spread your projectiles. For single target however it's usually best to whirl away as fast as you can and then click on them.

Did you consider using hatred instead of herald of purity? It's worse for impale damage, but it's nice freezing and shattering your enemies. Also i feel like slower projectiles is too good to skip for this build. Usually your projectiles are still fast enough so it doesn't slow down your clear speed.

Also blood rage increases the dps of the build greatly and makes clearing much faster. And instead of ancestral protector a simple decoy totem linked to increased duration could be used.

Yeah but reserving more than 75% mana in this build does not play nice without investing points in mana for a 2% dps increase hatred provides over herald of purity. Which investing points in mana over dps would negate anyways.

Blood Rage does't work in our build since we use damage at full life. You need 4% (we have 2.6%) of natural life regen or slayer over-leach to use both together. Again it cost more dps getting the extra 1.4% life regen than just not using blood rage in the first place.

Slower projectiles is a preference.

Decoy totem is another option too but its a 20% dps loss not using Ancestral Protector. How did you put it for an 8% dps difference?

"
too good to skip for this build

=P

@Savari94: Thanks for your Feedback :) And you're probably right about ancestral protector.

But if you go for haemophilia gauntlets as krasman suggested, you can drop herald of ash and then go for brutality as support, instead of damage on full life. This way you can use blood rage for additional attack speed and dps and run grace/haste as aura instead.
Last edited by Gr3mlin0815 on Dec 19, 2018, 6:38:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info