[3.5] Piercing Maelstrom of Steel - Lancing Steel Deadeye - 12 Million Shaper Dps - (Updated)

"
Pryen wrote:
This might have been asked before but im dumb so i can't find it, what pantheons are we running?

Its really up to preference but I personally use Solaris and Tukohama.
If your on tomorrow I would like to see the build in action. Thinking of rerolling my boring pf self cast bv xD
what kind of starter build do you use here, or do you go straight into the build??
"
deadmaker99 wrote:
what kind of starter build do you use here, or do you go straight into the build??

Both frost blades and shattering steel (lvl 12) work good for leveling until lvl 28 when you can use lancing steel. Duel-wield the highest dps swords you can get your hands on, tho weapons with higher base aps will feel smoother to play with. I recommend going on poe trade every 5-15 lvls or so and filtering 1-handed swords with a buy out of 1c max and requiring your current level or less. Then sort by physical dps and pick one with a balance of high dps and aps. One-socket tombfists (lvl 36) are cheap and are a good pick up early if you can get a decent murderous eye jewel in there. Keep a mana potion or two handy until you have enough dps for your mana leech to kick in and get your move skill set-up in place as soon as possible. After that it should be smooth sailing.
"
If your on tomorrow I would like to see the build in action. Thinking of rerolling my boring pf self cast bv xD

My gear isn't very good yet but I'll try to get a gameplay video up after work today.
In your PoB, where does the -12% physical damage reduction on the boss come from? Is that the banner? If so in your PoB, you say that you have 50 kills with the banner so its on the 50th stage, which means (as far as I know) the actual amount that the banner is multiplying the damage by is more than 12%. I'm guessing that you got the 12.1% by getting a 20 quality gem which increases the banner aura effect by 10% which would make 11% -> 12.1%, but for each stage that the banner has when its placed it would last for 1 minute and have an aura effect increase of 1% per stage. Which means that its a 60% increase in aura effect and the phys damage pen would be 11% * 1.6 = 17.6%.

Also in your PoB, you neglect to show that you (as far as my understanding of Farrul's Fur is concerned, which is not that great) should have max power and frenzy charges every 4 seconds. It actually makes your dps much higher than 12m, instead being 12.9 or closer to 13m

Also since this is essentially a critical build that goes all in on getting critical chance, I actually (if its possible to do so) suggest trying to squeeze in a mark of the elder ring with an assassins mark on hit shaped ring to get a slightly higher critical chance and to get some cold damage into the damage done. With this you can actually use hypothermia to be able to do more damage against bosses that are possible to chill. Even with a very very small amount of cold damage from the mark of the elder ring, you're able to get a wopping 70% chance to freeze or chill against enemies and makes the gem hypothermia actually a better choice than vicious projectiles.
Last edited by Rooshi49 on Jan 8, 2019, 9:13:01 PM
"
Savari94 wrote:
"

My gear isn't very good yet but I'll try to get a gameplay video up after work today.

Not going to get to a video today. I have 3 days off after tomorrow. Will get one soon.
"
Rooshi49 wrote:
In your PoB, where does the -12% physical damage reduction on the boss come from? Is that the banner? If so in your PoB, you say that you have 50 kills with the banner so its on the 50th stage, which means (as far as I know) the actual amount that the banner is multiplying the damage by is more than 12%. I'm guessing that you got the 12.1% by getting a 20 quality gem which increases the banner aura effect by 10% which would make 11% -> 12.1%, but for each stage that the banner has when its placed it would last for 1 minute and have an aura effect increase of 1% per stage. Which means that its a 60% increase in aura effect and the phys damage pen would be 11% * 1.6 = 17.6%.

Also in your PoB, you neglect to show that you (as far as my understanding of Farrul's Fur is concerned, which is not that great) should have max power and frenzy charges every 4 seconds. It actually makes your dps much higher than 12m, instead being 12.9 or closer to 13m

Also since this is essentially a critical build that goes all in on getting critical chance, I actually (if its possible to do so) suggest trying to squeeze in a mark of the elder ring with an assassins mark on hit shaped ring to get a slightly higher critical chance and to get some cold damage into the damage done. With this you can actually use hypothermia to be able to do more damage against bosses that are possible to chill. Even with a very very small amount of cold damage from the mark of the elder ring, you're able to get a wopping 70% chance to freeze or chill against enemies and makes the gem hypothermia actually a better choice than vicious projectiles.

The -12% physical damage is me accounting for impale since its not supported on PoB yet. I've calculated the impale damage to be 16% more physical damage taken but using that feature on PoB multiplies the value instead of adding to the damage taken modifiers so i use -12% to get as close "adding" 16% as possible.

Im pretty sure I did the charges right. With the right setup you should have your permanent max value of frenzy (4) and power (3) charges. I have a check in each box so it should show correctly. How it should all work is with both Farrul's Fur and Farrul's Bite the aspect of the cat cycle is 12 seconds long, 6 secs stealth and 6 secs agility. You gain your max number of charges every time you gain cats stealth which is 12 seconds. If you already have charges you don't get more, actually nothing happens they don't even refresh. To get around the charges expiring you need to get the cycle to just under 10 seconds (the standard charge duration). Conveniently having both increased duration and less duration in the item with the aspect of the cat does that. So the charges should expire a fraction of a second before you get new ones.

For the rings this build is pretty tight on fitting all the resistances in. Probably going to need 1-3 resistance mods per ring depending on rolls. Also even if you have a 70% chance to freeze you still need to do 0.33% of a bosses life to chill. Ill paste from the wiki.

Chills inflicted by hits last for 2 seconds. The magnitude of the slow is directly proportional to the damage relative to the target's maximum life, equal to 30% slow at 10% of the target's maximum life dealt by Cold damage, scaling down to 0% at no damage. Hits below the minimum threshold of 1% effect are discarded,[3] effectively requiring a hit of 0.33% enemy maximum life to chill that enemy. As an example, The Shaper has approximately 20 000 000 life. Minimally chilling The Shaper requires a single hit of 66 000 cold damage.

I enabled hatred to see how much cold damage this build would do with it. 3000-6000 per hit. Not even close to 66,000. Assassin's Mark in only 3% dps increase and getting a good ring is expensive with any mark on them. Overall I feel the opportunity cost of trying to make those rings works is not worth it.

I also have a newer set up I'll link the PoB's for you.

Farrul's Fur
https://pastebin.com/TRvyLvzw

Lioneye's Vision (I do have frenzy charges enabled but they are on kill in this version)
https://pastebin.com/0463nqr0

Also made this helpful graphic for you guys.

Last edited by Savari94 on Jan 9, 2019, 1:23:56 AM
Anyone look into paradoxica for this build, I saw a shattering steel build using one and looked spicy, possible budget sword as anything over 360 pdps is spensiv.
Thank you
I am using this BD now level 60, but high DPS Foil is hard to find and expensive in Chinese server。
Can I use Varunastra?(As a long transition) About 1EX50C±50C

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info