[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
SasoriOtoko wrote:

Hmm, I find the clear speed with Winter Orb to be very good.

Winter Orb yes. This build using it, no. If you think this build clears fast I'm not sure you know what fast clearing is. This is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Apr 18, 2019, 5:06:36 PM
So returning Blinding Blizzard player here. Played in the Beserker and Scion days. Just respecced a Necro to try the Occultist version.

Rocking about 9.8k Energy shield and 1689 intelligence. I am sitting on about 6ex worth of currency. Wondering if anyone would have any advice on what order to upgrade.

Clearly the gems aren't there yet but I expect I need to push my INT to bump up the energy shield. Was thinking of buying Coils and ammys and corrupting them to see if I get lucky but am open to other options. Any help would be appreciated.

I suppose I could start trying to craft a chest piece. I have the alts.
"
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:

Winter Orb yes. This build using it, no. If you think this build clears fast I'm not sure you know what fast clearing is. This is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Nah, earthquake Jugg is slow. WI is medium (I actually haven't bothered to get a 5L staff for Winter's Orb level 20 clearing.)

I'd be curious as to what you'd consider would be builds that (a) clear faster than WI/Winter's Orb (b) don't need more than 10-20c worth of gear to level up and start mapping (c) are at least as tanky as WI (presumably leech builds only.)
"
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:

This build never was, it is not and probably will never be a "zoom-zoom" build. It is designed for something else ... to do the ENTIRE CONTENT with relative ease while not punishing you for every mistake you do. And for this scope is one of the best.

If Winter Orb will be nerfed to the ground next league (probably it will) this build will survive with almost no issues as WO is just an utility for it not the main skill - IceStorm is the power that gave us so many satisfactions!

Not everyone around is Mathil to successfully kill UberElder with ~5k life builds while zoom-zooming around maps :))
Last edited by lilianmarius on Apr 18, 2019, 5:34:59 PM
"
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:

I added Holy Flame Totem + Multi-Totem to this char and it not only helps the clear speed a good bit, but it's also instant near double ES regen plus instant remove any/every curse on my char (curse immunity consecrated ground).

With upgraded Tukohama, Vile Bastion, Zeolot's, HFT/consecrated ground, stone golem, certain tree selections, and my gear, I am at between 1500-2000 ES regen per second (depending on how many mobs I consistently roll through).

I've gotten good at dropping two totems in the middle of mobs and lightning warping on top of them an instant later, holding down winter orb/icestorm for about 2 seconds, and then moving onto the next group of mobs the same way.

Then I use phase run to essentially sprint between mob groups longer than a screen away.

Map clearing isn't slow at all for me.

I have an arc templar that is stupid fast simply because arc + inpulsa suit obliterates everything instantly so you literally never have to stop moving. This WI char isn't quite that fast, but it's not THAT far behind.

The big difference, however, is the arc templar dies all the time for stupid reasons. This WI build is almost unkillable, by comparison.

I'll take unkillable and 2 extra minutes to clear a map over uber fast mapping with random deaths because of stupid game mechanics.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Apr 18, 2019, 6:33:39 PM
"
So returning Blinding Blizzard player here. Played in the Beserker and Scion days. Just respecced a Necro to try the Occultist version.

Rocking about 9.8k Energy shield and 1689 intelligence. I am sitting on about 6ex worth of currency. Wondering if anyone would have any advice on what order to upgrade.

Clearly the gems aren't there yet but I expect I need to push my INT to bump up the energy shield. Was thinking of buying Coils and ammys and corrupting them to see if I get lucky but am open to other options. Any help would be appreciated.

I suppose I could start trying to craft a chest piece. I have the alts.

Looking at your character, your boots and gloves look good - your helm could stand a bit more ES but prices on those are nuts at the moment and you have good INT so that can wait. Getting a chest with top %Inc Int roll and then crafting 6% Inc Attr will be very helpful.

That is an interesting amulet you have there...a corrupted Astramentis would be a bit better with good rolls but those are a bit pricey. If you are not having issues with STR and DEX then you can keep it for now. You might want to look at Talismans as well...ones with higher stats than your amulet (and sometimes resists) can be picked up for an exalt or two.

Corrupted rings with %Inc Int would be helpful but as your current rings have a ton of resists those will be pricey to replace since ones with good resists tend to be very expensive and reasonably priced ones tend to disappear fast. Getting some %Inc Int on your belt would also help but also tend to be pricey.

I would concentrate on upgrading your armour first. It stands to give you the biggest bonus to Int and DPS and the other items can be added later.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:

Nah, earthquake Jugg is slow. WI is medium (I actually haven't bothered to get a 5L staff for Winter's Orb level 20 clearing.)

I'd be curious as to what you'd consider would be builds that (a) clear faster than WI/Winter's Orb (b) don't need more than 10-20c worth of gear to level up and start mapping (c) are at least as tanky as WI (presumably leech builds only.)

WI WO with 10-20 chaos? I can only imagine how slow that'd be when I'm saying I found it slow with over 2000 intel and insanely expensive gear.
"
SkylerOG wrote:

Map clearing isn't slow at all for me.

" for you" doesn't invalidate facts, sorry. It is slow. Maybe you havn't experienced fast.

Ice Storm clears slow, and WO needs cast speed or it clears slow. The build is slow, sorry.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Apr 18, 2019, 8:43:34 PM
"
KiadawP wrote:
By the way, anyone can help answer how to get 6% int implicit? Thanks

Was answered not so long ago, but I guess it's not easy to find useful posts in a big thread like this one.

I converted one of the reserved posts on the 1st page to hold links to the posts with answers to questions such as this.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Useful information

I decided to try my hand at crafting a synthesized Int ring. Gotta do something while working on the grind challenges, right?

How synthesis works:
Spoiler
You combine 3 rare items of the same type. The game pools all explicit mods found on them together and rolls a dice. One of those explicit mods is chosen for synthesis. Then the game calculates the total value of that mod across all 3 items and creates a synthesized implicit mod based on that value.

Having the same mod on all 3 items increases the chance of it being chosen, but it's not guaranteed. The game can choose any explicit mod from any of the 3 items. The fewer mods to choose from the better, so normally you want to use magic items with the mod you need and regal them to make them rare with 1 extra junk mod.

All possible results can be found in PoEdb. Use the search box to filter it. The 'Value' column is a bit confusing: you need the value greater of equal to the value of the PREVIOUS rank of the mod. For example, the top rank of the %Int mod for rings says '200' but you actually need the amount of Int from the previous rank (160).

When there are multiple outcomes in the right column, one of them is chosen at random.

One of the 3 bases from the initial items is randomly chosen for the resulting item. That item receives the implicit mod and the highest ilvl from the 3 initial items.

The recipe: 3 fractured rare rings with a total of 160+ Int.

You can:
a) get rings with 54+ Int fractured mod (0.5-1 ex currently) and scour+regal+annul them. This is expensive but guarantees the Int result. Note: fractured mods cannot be divined, and you need 160+ Int;
b) grab any fractured rings ilvl 82+ with 1 fractured prefix, scour them and alt spam the 51+ Int suffix (may need to divine 51 Int to a higher value to make sure the sum is 160+).
Then regal to make them rare and combine in the Memory Nexus.

If the game chooses Int, you get one of the two outcomes:
a) Arcane Surge on hit with spells - currently sells for 8 ex;
b) 6% increased Int - that's what you want.

You can also skip the synthesis crafting described above and simply buy a synthesized 6% Int base for 3 ex.

And then have fun crafting it any way you like. Alt spam and regal, chaos spam, or essence spam. Maybe imprint, annul or even exalt slam if it looks promising enough.

You obviously want 51+ Int. And whatever resists you currently need. ES would be a nice bonus, but not a priority.

I had several fractured ilvl 82+ rings and alt spammed T1 Int on them. The first two results:

I really don't know if that's lucky or just normal. But it looks like a decent way to craft some nice rings for this build, or at least to make some currency.

Just a tip if you are new to crafting like me:

When altspamming and trying to roll int/es/resists, use orb of augmentation when you get a single one of these modifiers.

I tried several times to regal a blue ring with only T1 introll, and that didnt turn out so nice..
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
If that's not an impressive build, then I don't know what is.

In every league there are always OP meta builds, sometimes completely broken ones. In this league it's the Chaos Winter Orb Trickster with the Eternity Shroud. That build takes the broken 'gain % of elemental damage as chaos' mechanic to absurd levels (instantly 1-shotting Uber Elder phases), guaranteeing that it will be nerfed in the next league.

But it's an illusion of power. It always comes with a price. Either you have to spend a whole lot of currency, or you can clear trash fast but suck at the bosses, or you are a total glass cannon and die too often, or you need to be Mathil to play it, or something else along these lines.

This build offers relatively high results for relatively low effort. You don't need pretty much any skill, fast fingers or cat-like reflexes. Except maybe for Uber Elder. It's designed for a relaxed play style. Low number of actions per second, worry free, with a lot of room for error. I'm lv 98, and I never even planned to go above 94 in this league. The xp just keeps coming, and the deaths are very rare.

Nothing wrong with wanting to play faster though. Just saying that there is always a price.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info