[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

double post
Last edited by elil91 on Apr 18, 2019, 10:08:01 PM
I've got about 5 ex to spend - where should I upgrade my gear?
Lvl 93 with 10.2k ES and 1845 Int. Probably need to grab more int somewhere, but not sure which piece of gear to upgrade first and look for implicit % intelligence.
Been doing tier 16 maps with no problem.

(In my passive tree, ignore the ES node next to Deep Wisdom, that's just a temporary node while I get more levels).
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
I've got about 5 ex to spend - where should I upgrade my gear?
Lvl 93 with 10.2k ES and 1845 Int. Probably need to grab more int somewhere, but not sure which piece of gear to upgrade first and look for implicit % intelligence.
Been doing tier 16 maps with no problem.

(In my passive tree, ignore the ES node next to Deep Wisdom, that's just a temporary node while I get more levels).

More ES on boots. Corrupted %Inc Int on Astra, rings and belt if in your price range. More on ES on helm couldn't hurt either.
Bought the ammy and crafted the chest piece. Its not GG but a lucky Dense Fossil role. Knocked down my ED under 9800 but got INT to 1800. The 6 percent ES recovered per kill is sooo nice though...

Trying to craft a new helmet. Blew through 150c in fossils.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
KiadawP wrote:
By the way, anyone can help answer how to get 6% int implicit? Thanks

Was answered not so long ago, but I guess it's not easy to find useful posts in a big thread like this one.

I converted one of the reserved posts on the 1st page to hold links to the posts with answers to questions such as this.

Thanks!

The thread is long as the build rocks.

My first level 94 char & 10K+ ES. Barely died except for boss 'mechanics, ele reflect & lag/freezes. Lag is horrible for me, especially syndicate spawn, which can literally freeze the game, but it has nothing to do with the build.

Anyway, while I wouldn't call this build cheap. It can start with relatively humble currency & build from there. This is literally my league starter & my only ES build ever.
Last edited by KiadawP on Apr 19, 2019, 3:29:24 AM

I hope I am doing everything correct so far.

Good to go for Synthesis?

RNGesus hates me. Another 100c to the drain...

Fk, I think I know why...The 170 Accuracy rating is too high, so it takes priority. Hard lesson learned

Okay, round 2...

I didn't annul this time as I am pretty broke...lol. Thankfully I am not paycheck to paycheck in Real life like I am in game.

Now for RNGesus prayer
*Pray*
Done.

Sigh....

Fk RNGesus! LOL
Last edited by KiadawP on Apr 19, 2019, 10:00:06 AM
"
KiadawP wrote:

You are no doing it ok at all!

The only correct ring to craft from what you have listed is Apocalypse Knuckle Gold ring, all the other will kinda destroy your chance to get % intelligence on the resulted one.

You need to have 3 fractured rings with + intelligence as fractured mod or not fractured but then that ring should have only 2 mods : the fractured one and the + intelligence one to stand a chance.

More different mods on rings , lower chances ---->0 to get % intelligence on the synthetized result

Ideally will be 3 rings with 2 fractured mods from which on of them is + intelligence on every ring and the 2nd is the same on all rings or at least the same on 2 of them.

Scour all 3 rings so you will remain only with 2x fractured mods on each and then use them in synthesizer.

Synthetis end-game crafting is not easy and definitely expensive, you should try only if you can afford the right fractured bases and mods to be sure you have a decent chance of getting the desired result.

I burned like 5 exalts trying to get %5 intelligence/6% movement speed dual implicit on ES based boots with 2 tries. Result?

Last edited by lilianmarius on Apr 19, 2019, 10:18:16 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
KiadawP wrote:

You are no doing it ok at all!

You need to have 3 fractured rings with + intelligence as fractured mod or not fractured but then that ring should have only 2 mods : the fractured one and the + intelligence one to stand a chance.

More different mods on rings , lower chances ---->0 to get % intelligence on the synthetized result

Ideally will be 3 rings with 2 fractured mods from which on of them is + intelligence on every ring and the 2nd is the same on all rings or at least the same on 2 of them.

Scour all 3 rings so you will remain only with 2x fractured mods on each and then use them in synthesizer.

Synthetis end-game crafting is not easy and definitely expensive, you should try only if you can afford the right fractured bases and mods to be sure you have a decent chance of getting the desired result.

To be fair, so far it been consistent, both time they rolled a fractured mod, just not int....LOL,

The price ot get 2 fractured mods on 3 rings with T1 Int, I can probably buy an already made 6% int ring.

But its okay. Learning through mistakes.

"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:

Is that mouse-over DPS or PoB DPS (which I think shows average hit per icestorm shard)?

Mouse over.

"
SkylerOG wrote:

I'm maybe half those numbers. I have no clue how you guys are getting such crazy high int. No clue how some of you are hitting 2300+.

You're missing Int on some of your gear, most noticeably your chest which has none. Getting a 12% Int with 6% increased attributes will make it skyrocket. Same goes for an astramentis, belt and rings with the corrupted implicit. You can get decent ones for a few exalts...and decent rings can be considerably cheaper.

Just look at my tree and gear (and more importantly, lilians) and you can see what is needed. You can easily hit 2,000 on a budget - but the chest is where you can gain the most currently.

I play on standard, and I promise you there's no "budget" version getting to 2000 int.

My rings, which don't even have %int, sell for about 5 exalts each on standard. A corrupted Cyclopean and Astramantis with %int implicit is like 10+ exalts each.

A shaper 520 ES regalia with %int STARTS around 20 exalts. A good one with 650+ ES and better %int is over 50 exalts. A base, just to try crafting on, that's not even 6S or 6L starts around 4-5 exalts.

A watcher's eye with around #20 ES on hit while using Discipline starts around 10 exalts. A #30 on hit starts around 35 exalts. A double Discipline bonus Eye (#ES on hit & maybe ES regen rate or faster start to ES) is like 100+ exalts.

I've already got about 30 exalts put into my build and if/when I reach 92-94, I'll have around 1650 int, 12000 ES, and about a 10000 mouse-over DPS on icestorm boss staff, and about 4000 DPS icestorm on the map clearing staff.

I've got a +30 ES on hit with Discipline Watcher's Eye (got lucky and got some guy to sell me one for 12 exalts with trading him something else he wanted too) and worked in some additional "faster start to ES recharge" items (ring, jewel, Essence Surge node), plus did a bit more ES regen stuff in general (have over 2300 ES regen per second while fighting most of the time) and some added DPS/utility with holy flame totem, and my survivability is outstanding and my DPS SEEMS to be enough.

I haven't done any t16 or high level bosses yet, but I can pretty much face-tank everything up to T15 with ease so far, so we'll see how it goes moving forward.

I'm going to simply give in to the fact I'm not going to get any higher than 1650 int and 12k ES and just live with it.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Apr 19, 2019, 12:59:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info