[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Sounds about right, I'll pay the piper then. It does seem like a few folks are trying to really gouge people...but the market will work itself out. I'm hoping BestLabRunner isn't on vacation. :)
"
psycico wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
psycico wrote:
hello,

how do you colour the whispering ice staff? i have 6 socket trying to get BBBBGG and used many chromes but to no luck.

don't have the white socket either on crafting. can someone please explain the method?

According to the Vorici Calculator, it takes an average of 161 chromatics to hit 4B2G on this staff. Nothing special. The way probablilities work, your chance to fail in 300 chroms is only 15%, and after 500 it's 4%. So even with extremely bad luck it's still not hard.

For the white socket you need to catch Vorici in Research. But I would rather try to get a white socket in the chest first - that lets you swap Herald of Ice for any Purity you want.

so do you mean i should just spam chromes till i hit the 4b2g ? sorry i'm a noob :)

I believed using the at least 2 green sockets crafting is better.
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
Question: Is 1 Ex the actual price most of you are paying for a Brute Force Solution that prevents corrupted blood? If that's the going rate I'll pay it but it seems unusually high...especially compared to last league.

Only if you have nothing better to do with currency. 1 ex for a QoL upgrade is a 'gucci' option. I never do that. I just buy 23-24 Int jewels and corrupt them myself. So far in every league I've hit the Corrupt Blood immunity before I even had a full set of corrupted implicits.

I generally keep the ones with inc damage or inc effect of ailments, plus immunity to Corr Blood, Silence or Maim, and sell the rest.
"
KiadawP wrote:

I believed using the at least 2 green sockets crafting is better.

No, that's more expensive. The staff is 59 Str / 59 Int, meaning that there is an equal chance of rolling blue or red sockets. With the 2G recipe you need to roll 4B on the rest, and that may take enough attempts to cost a lot more than just chrom spamming 4B2G.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

I just buy 23-24 Int jewels and corrupt them myself. So far in every league I've hit the Corrupt Blood immunity before I even had a full set of corrupted implicits.

The real question is Kelvynn, how many people did you sacrifice to Rngesus to gain so much of his favor? :D
"
lilianmarius wrote:

Kurgal is easiest of them, you can face tank everything but don't stay in exploding totems and MOST IMPORTANT in 2nd phase when he cast those 2 pink laser beams , before they unite just dash behind him!

I got my Lv 95 and then wiped the floor with him! Dashed behind to avoid his pretty pink beams like you advised and he was dead right after that. Dropped an ok item too:

Now to just delve a bit deeper and start finding some high tier maps and other goodies!
Last edited by SasoriOtoko on Apr 12, 2019, 4:08:20 PM
Made it to Delve 600 depth finally. The going down experience was kinda brutal in some areas past depth 500.

Even with 17500 ES i "managed" to die once around depth 580 or so in some very bad rolled area with 50+% monster pack size lol and with Beyond on top of them. In areas like that 5L WO + Spell Cascade setup was not enough to stay alive, damage is brutal and you don't leech fast enough :) so i had to switch in some areas like that one for boss single target setup for trying to stay alive.

Watcher'S Eye with that instant ES gain on hit would have made my life way easier, that mod is GODLY for high depth mines., way better than my % increased ES recovery one

Last league when i reached 600 had less ES, around 13-14K from what i remember but had an Eye with +ES gain on hit and the experience felt way smoother and not scary like now :).

Anyways at least i had the balls to push to 600 depth while going for 100 level (that death cost me 10% of experience which for my play style was like 4 hours of almost non stop chaining high rolled T16 UGSs.

Now that i reached 600 depth will focus on getting to level 100, is a great pain without the breach runs (level 99 with 36% atm) but probably if i don't die in a week or so i will be able to hit 100.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Apr 12, 2019, 7:10:24 PM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
Watcher'S Eye with that instant ES gain on hit would have made my life way easier, that mod is GODLY for high depth mines., way better than my % increased ES recovery one

It's the one to use for any delves, not just super deep ones. ES gain on hit lets you cast Icestorm on invulnerable monsters in the dark and run around collecting fossils and ignoring the darkness. And against the hordes of tough trash in the deep delves it's a much more efficient way of healing than increased ES recovery.

The recovery one is mostly for the endgame bosses. But they can be done without it, while there is nothing like the bonus ES gain on hit gives you in all other activity that takes most of your time.

I'm surprised you didn't get a 2-mod Eye with both of them with your budget. You don't need 17.5k ES for anything, nothing is going to 1-shot you with 17.5k ES that wouldn't do it with 15k. But if you had ES gain on hit AND inc ES recovery, you'd be much harder to kill. It's "only" 25 ex.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 12, 2019, 8:39:15 PM

6L in 400 fusings, recolored with 7 Chromes. Last time I crafted my own 6L was back in 1.3.1. I usually just save exalts and buy armor already fully linked. Was just goofing around with some saved up fusings and spent an exalt on a few more.

Thank you Rngesus! I take back all of the cursing in your name (for a few days at least). Now to spread Frostbite and Blind even more!
Whats the fastest way to get Vorici to Research for white sockets in this league?
Last edited by LadyLoriana on Apr 13, 2019, 2:39:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info