[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
Any of the veterans here have any advice for fighting Kurgal? I see him on the map at delve depth 200 but I've never fought him before. Watched a few vids, doesn't look too bad. I'm assuming this build can facetank most of his attacks (save those exploding totems) but wanted to double check so I don't RIP. I'm at Lv 94 with about 2000 INT and 11,500 ES.

Thanks!

Kurgal is easiest of them, you can face tank everything but don't stay in exploding totems and MOST IMPORTANT in 2nd phase when he cast those 2 pink laser beams , before they unite just dash behind him!
Thanks for that ring crafting info! That alt spamming strategy is the best I've seen to make 6% intelligence rings, I guess you have a 1 in 9 chance of hitting it.

Finally made the chest!

Bought the base for a few C, took about 7 perfect fossils to hit 30% Quality. Then alt spammed and got Tier 2 Max ES then Tier 1 %INT within 100 alts, got greedy because I thought it wouldn't be that rare so I re-rolled it again trying to hit T1 ES. Took 1600 More alts to Hit T2 max ES T1 %Int, so I left it at that.

I used the Beast craft to make a copy of the base, regaled it with life.. Got really lucky the first annul and ended up making the chest annuling the life first try.

I'm wondering if there is anything I can do with this orb?

Also if anyone is available, would anyone be able to craft the +6 Attributes onto this chest? IGN: Synth_Safe

Thanks for the guide and good luck everyone.
"
RemedySC wrote:
Followed your build while playing the ps4. It's really good, but I had to switch the Whispering Ice staff out for something else. Ice Storm destroys the FPS on console.

Any recommendations for weapons? Also is the build still viable without the staff, or should I change up some passives.

Really like the idea of the build and working on getting CI gear.

This build is entirely based on this unique staff. There is nothing else like it. If your hardware can't handle Icestorm then you can't play this build.

Write to support@grindinggear.com and ask them to optimize Icestorm graphics. Maybe if enough people ask, they will finally look at it.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
RemedySC wrote:
Followed your build while playing the ps4. It's really good, but I had to switch the Whispering Ice staff out for something else. Ice Storm destroys the FPS on console.

Any recommendations for weapons? Also is the build still viable without the staff, or should I change up some passives.

Really like the idea of the build and working on getting CI gear.

This build is entirely based on this unique staff. There is nothing else like it. If your hardware can't handle Icestorm then you can't play this build.

Write to support@grindinggear.com and ask them to optimize Icestorm graphics. Maybe if enough people ask, they will finally look at it.

Already wrote them.

I really don't want to reroll a new character, so let me rephrase; Will the passive skill tree be fine with everything else minus the staff? Still using WO/Frost bomb/Herald of Ice, and using your links as a basis for mine.

Your guide was very helpful, and definitely helped my understanding of the game. I just want to make sure I'm not losing too much optimization with using your passive tree with a WO CI Occultist w/o Icestorm..

Thanks
Last edited by RemedySC on Apr 11, 2019, 5:32:54 PM
I spend about 7EX for the armor. I am very unlucky on alt spam (after about 2000 alt) & have settled for T2 +ES/ 12% Int.

I thought that was the hardest part, but I am as unlucky in the annul stage. Took me 5 tries (Imprint->Regal->Annul) & about 100c each try before finally hitting the jackpot.

Then I bought the 5 linked Prophecy (shocking cheap at 11c) to make it 5 link & get myself 350 Jeweller.

Then the rest is all Lilian help to craft the mod & 6 socketed my armor. The finally step, is color the armor. Took me about 70 chrome

Once again, thanks Lilian.

"
RemedySC wrote:

Already wrote them.

I really don't want to reroll a new character, so let me rephrase; Will the passive skill tree be fine with everything else minus the staff? Still using WO/Frost bomb/Herald of Ice, and using your links as a basis for mine.

Your guide was very helpful, and definitely helped my understanding of the game. I just want to make sure I'm not losing too much optimization with using your passive tree with a WO CI Occultist w/o Icestorm..

Thanks

This build scales from Int, and that's what the tree is focusing on. The only other build that scales from Int is HOWA, but it's played by different classes (usually Ascendant or Juggernaut).

You can't really use this tree for any other Occultist build without changing. It does include some of the commonly used notables and clusters, so maybe the number of nodes to respec won't be too high if you go for some other cold based Occultist. But I haven't looked at them in detail myself. Check the Witch build list and see what's popular for Occultist on this league.
How do u guys manage to run herald of ice, discipline and arctic armor + bonechill?

I can do fine with Herald + arctic armor + discipline, but adding bonechill to arctic armor doesnt give me enough to cast skills :(

And does the quality of arctic armor, which gives 20% increased skill effect duration at 20q, apply to the duration of winter orb too?
Last edited by Grimstarz on Apr 11, 2019, 7:22:14 PM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
Any of the veterans here have any advice for fighting Kurgal? I see him on the map at delve depth 200 but I've never fought him before. Watched a few vids, doesn't look too bad. I'm assuming this build can facetank most of his attacks (save those exploding totems) but wanted to double check so I don't RIP. I'm at Lv 94 with about 2000 INT and 11,500 ES.

Thanks!

Kurgal is easiest of them, you can face tank everything but don't stay in exploding totems and MOST IMPORTANT in 2nd phase when he cast those 2 pink laser beams , before they unite just dash behind him!

Thank you for the advice and I will put it to good use! I chickened out am going to get my next level before I give him a try...I'm a bit low on maps and out of sulphite for now so no big risks at the moment.
edit: repeated
Last edited by KiadawP on Apr 11, 2019, 7:16:28 PM
"
Grimstarz wrote:
How do u guys manage to run herald of ice, discipline and arctic armor + bonechill?

I can do fine with Herald + arctic armor + discipline, but adding bonechill to arctic armor doesnt give me enough to cast skills :(

Using enlightened support gem of at least level 2. The 3 skills you named must be all linked to enlightened.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info