[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
AMACK wrote:

now how do I go about crafting this :O

Multimod that guy and use what looks like 2 open Prefixes to add %ES. With average rolls you should be able to hit around 600 ES. That 52 Int should be as good as a 6% attributes.

Anyone agreee/disagree?
crafted it how it is, if needed I'll go for a 18% armor later. but this should hold me for a while :)
Sorry for the newbie questions, but what does The Wise Oak Flask do for us? Atm all my resistances are capped.

And how do I best start crafting such a helmet and body armor? Just buy a random blue Shaper Vaal Regalia and start putting orbs onto it till I get a lot of ES and 12% Int?
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
Nice corrupt Kelvynn! I've never had any luck doing that. If you don't mind me asking, did you make or buy that Ruby ring? That's a hell of a nice piece.

Lilianmarius has inspired me to go for some 'gucci' gear...I almost bought an Emperor's Wit this morning but I'm going to wait and see if the prices go down a bit more.

I'm only at 11,300 ES...more...must have...MORE! :)

Bought it for 3 ex. After I finalized the armor pieces and found the other ring with Int, ES and the most total resist I could find (was only 10c), I needed 28% fire and 27% lightning res from the 2nd ring. I started running a live search for the %Int implicit, 43+ Int explicit and the two res mods I needed, or 1 res mod and an empty suffix. And within 2 days I saw this beauty with 57 Int (essence crafted), 1 res mod, 1 empty suffix and T1 Es on top of that. It even had the exact amount of resists to equalize my fire and lightning res for The Wise Oak! Sometimes you just get lucky. I bet that's how @lilianmarius found his ring too.

I almost forgot that I still haven't bought Emperor's Wit yet, was leaving it for after all other gear because its price is stable. Catch @BestLabRunnerDotCom online, he's the top lab runner and sells them for 3.5-4 ex, don't buy from the other people who want 6-7 ex.
"
Raphanasuan wrote:
Sorry for the newbie questions, but what does The Wise Oak Flask do for us? Atm all my resistances are capped.

And how do I best start crafting such a helmet and body armor? Just buy a random blue Shaper Vaal Regalia and start putting orbs onto it till I get a lot of ES and 12% Int?

Look at the uncapped resists (in the parentheses). If your uncapped cold resist is the highest, the flask gives you additional penetration. That's what you should aim for.

Once you manage that, see if you can make the uncapped fire and lightning resistances the same. That way the flask will also protect you against multiple damage types.

And for the ultimate min-maxing, make all 3 uncapped resists equal. If you achieve that, you will take 10% reduced damage and have extra damage penetration with this flask. But this is not a priority at all. Just having uncapped cold res at the top is already fine.

Crafting the Regalia has been described in detail in the last 20 or so pages of this thread, as well as in the Gear section of the guide.

All for sale - msg me offering ingame
"
Kirian42 wrote:
If I get a Vaal Regalia with *just* 12% Int, is it worth it to Regal and Multimod that? Or is it better to go ahead and Augment and hope for something?

(Thinking that if you Regal the one-suffix item, you have a 50/50 shot on the Annul)

Could I get thoughts for this question? People moved on...

----

Separately, I can't figure out how I possibly get to 11K ES without dozens of Exalts of currency! You guys are crazy crazy with all these corruptions...
"
Kirian42 wrote:
"
Kirian42 wrote:
If I get a Vaal Regalia with *just* 12% Int, is it worth it to Regal and Multimod that? Or is it better to go ahead and Augment and hope for something?

(Thinking that if you Regal the one-suffix item, you have a 50/50 shot on the Annul)

Could I get thoughts for this question? People moved on...

----

Separately, I can't figure out how I possibly get to 11K ES without dozens of Exalts of currency! You guys are crazy crazy with all these corruptions...

That question has been already answered before. One 12% Int mod is not enough. It would be trivial to roll, but you would end up with too low ES. You need that mod AND and one of the top %ES or +ES prefixes.

You can get to 10k ES without any expensive corrupted stuff. I had 10.5k ES and zero corruptions until a week or so ago. That's already fine for everything in the game. Further upgrades become very expensive and yield diminishing results.

You shouldn't look only at ES though. This build is different from the other CI builds. INT is more important than ES. It gives you damage, leech, and some ES too. I spent about 25 ex to upgrade from 1900 Int 10.5k ES to 2200 Int 11.7k ES. For any other ES build (except maybe HOWA) that would be a terrible waste to pay 25 ex for 1.2k ES. But 300 Int is a HUGE upgrade for us.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 10, 2019, 12:41:02 AM
So far corrupted 14 %15 attributes cyclopean coil still no intellect corruption :D.
I was lucky with Uber Elder :)

Useful information

I decided to try my hand at crafting a synthesized Int ring. Gotta do something while working on the grind challenges, right?

How synthesis works:
Spoiler
You combine 3 rare items of the same type. The game pools all explicit mods found on them together and rolls a dice. One of those explicit mods is chosen for synthesis. Then the game calculates the total value of that mod across all 3 items and creates a synthesized implicit mod based on that value.

Having the same mod on all 3 items increases the chance of it being chosen, but it's not guaranteed. The game can choose any explicit mod from any of the 3 items. The fewer mods to choose from the better, so normally you want to use magic items with the mod you need and regal them to make them rare with 1 extra junk mod.

All possible results can be found in PoEdb. Use the search box to filter it. The 'Value' column is a bit confusing: you need the value greater of equal to the value of the PREVIOUS rank of the mod. For example, the top rank of the %Int mod for rings says '200' but you actually need the amount of Int from the previous rank (160).

When there are multiple outcomes in the right column, one of them is chosen at random.

One of the 3 bases from the initial items is randomly chosen for the resulting item. That item receives the implicit mod and the highest ilvl from the 3 initial items.

The recipe: 3 fractured rare rings with a total of 160+ Int.

You can:
a) get rings with 54+ Int fractured mod (0.5-1 ex currently) and scour+regal+annul them. This is expensive but guarantees the Int result. Note: fractured mods cannot be divined, and you need 160+ Int;
b) grab any fractured rings ilvl 82+ with 1 fractured prefix, scour them and alt spam the 51+ Int suffix (may need to divine 51 Int to a higher value to make sure the sum is 160+).
Then regal to make them rare and combine in the Memory Nexus.

If the game chooses Int, you get one of the two outcomes:
a) Arcane Surge on hit with spells - currently sells for 8 ex;
b) 6% increased Int - that's what you want.

You can also skip the synthesis crafting described above and simply buy a synthesized 6% Int base for 3 ex.

And then have fun crafting it any way you like. Alt spam and regal, chaos spam, or essence spam. Maybe imprint, annul or even exalt slam if it looks promising enough.

You obviously want 51+ Int. And whatever resists you currently need. ES would be a nice bonus, but not a priority.

I had several fractured ilvl 82+ rings and alt spammed T1 Int on them. The first two results:

I really don't know if that's lucky or just normal. But it looks like a decent way to craft some nice rings for this build, or at least to make some currency.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 15, 2019, 11:59:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info