[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
what can I do to help survive the chimera smoke clouds? Even without blood rage and 11k es its hard.

Open a portal near the down-right gate where mobs spawn. When Chimera disappear, run through the clouds in the right side of the arena only, if you didn't find him yet just jump in portal, come back and run through the smoke clouds on the left side of the arena.

wow is that the only way? why does he counter this build so much compared to others?

Isn't it obvious? During smoke phase we can't leech, and on top of that the base damage from smoke phase is physical, we are CI so almost no physical damage reduction and AA does not help much since we are moving and don't stand still.

Get better gear or roll easyer Chimera maps if you have issues with this phase!
Last edited by lilianmarius on Apr 9, 2019, 7:05:19 AM

Managed to craft this for relitivley cheap.

Base was 4ex (6L)
About 700 alts to get the ES roll (T3, had to settle on that for now) and int.
2ex for multi mod

It's nowhere near perfect and I could try anul the life regen off, but it actually works out pretty well.

As for the build itself, despite only having lv 18 gems right now and not great quality, the build wrecks.

I cleared uber lab at lv 68, so its clearly viable there too.

In group play sadly you have to basically slowly burst winter orb, as it basically causes the party to crash if you spam it. I wish GGG would add a system so we could turn off skill effects or something so it doesn't kill peoples machines...
Last edited by Pegglea on Apr 9, 2019, 7:05:56 AM
"
lewo wrote:

when he opens clouds, just pop your potions and run through the clouds.
hes not that hard

I did it again and it was not nearly as hard, must have been his mods or I didnt manage flask properly. Which flask specifically are good to counter his cloud stage?
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
"
lewo wrote:

when he opens clouds, just pop your potions and run through the clouds.
hes not that hard

I did it again and it was not nearly as hard, must have been his mods or I didnt manage flask properly. Which flask specifically are good to counter his cloud stage?

1x basalt, 1x granit for physical mitigation
1x quicksilver for movement speed
1x sulphur for ES regeneration through Consecrated Ground
Damn...I never thought of using a portal on Chimera. He's a pain with most builds...I tend to fight him when I'm not grinding and I carry two Quicksilvers and just run through his smoke clouds as fast as I can. Ones with mods like these are the best I've found:

Going to try lilian's portal trick...guess I try too hard to beat him in one go but this sounds like a much smarter way to win. :)
Going nuts & broke, failed annul 3rd time & failed....

I already sunk 5Ex worth of currency into this...sigh

Lost 20% xp (2 hours worth of playtime) due to lag also.
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
what can I do to help survive the chimera smoke clouds? Even without blood rage and 11k es its hard.

Open a portal near the down-right gate where mobs spawn. When Chimera disappear, run through the clouds in the right side of the arena only, if you didn't find him yet just jump in portal, come back and run through the smoke clouds on the left side of the arena.

That ^ plus you can use one or more of these things:
- hit Quicksilver and Basalt flasks;
- Solaris instead of Arakaali since you can't leech during that phase;
- use Gruthkul for damage mitigation while moving;
- use The Vigil instead of the Templar area Brute Force Solution for 36 sec Fortify - hit the mini-boss before the smoke phase with Vigilant Strike.

Using all of the above lets you do Chimera easily even with semi-bad gear. I had 7k ES when I first reached T16 in this league. If you have 10k+ ES you can do it with just Quicksilver + Basalt most of the time and use the other things only if there are nasty mods.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 9, 2019, 2:51:32 PM
Finally, after about 40 attempts (the chance is somewhere around 1/45), I successfully corrupted an Astra in this league.

My gear is pretty much done now. 11.6k ES is enough for everything. If you are crazy enough (like @lilianmarius :)) you can go for the mega overkill with the 'gucci' gear. But my stuff here is about as good as it can get for those who want to stay realistic.
Spoiler

Going to add and snapshot of this to the top post.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 9, 2019, 3:02:35 PM

now how do I go about crafting this :O
Nice corrupt Kelvynn! I've never had any luck doing that. If you don't mind me asking, did you make or buy that Ruby ring? That's a hell of a nice piece.

Lilianmarius has inspired me to go for some 'gucci' gear...I almost bought an Emperor's Wit this morning but I'm going to wait and see if the prices go down a bit more.

I'm only at 11,300 ES...more...must have...MORE! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info