[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

now I will ask a question ._. am following the build but why we focus that much in intelligence? 2500 is way too high !? why? for es only?
Just hit 36 Thanks to this build. Currently at 1961 INT with the below gear without %int on Rings and no % INT corruption on Belt or Amulet, I did make the helmet myself (Hit mana instead of the top tier ES Implicit). The buold feels really tanky and great at bossing, if I had played this build the whole league I would definitely go for the +ES Watchers eye, I may pick up some jewelry improvements to take on the bosses better.

Selling the bosses to the people grinding end game has been super fast and profiable, wish I would have figured that out earlier. Good luck out there everyone.

Just wanted to say thanks for such an effective build.

Spoiler

"
lilianmarius wrote:

Level 100 ...finally.

Congrats Lilian! Wow 2500 Int and 17,800 ES...that is insane! I'm working on 96 and that's about as far as I will go. I got one character to 98 years ago and had to run about 450 maps to go from 97 to 98 with no deaths and it just about broke my brain.

Delves are indeed great for sustaining maps. I'm just about to hit depth 239 and get to Lv 83 foes...maps from the vaal areas really helped build up my depleted map stores. Maybe I can finally try Uber Elder this league...that's the one boss I haven't even attempted yet.

I'm at 2115 Int with 11,600 ES...don't think it will go much higher than that but we'll see. Although as Kelyvnn loves to say, gucci items aren't necessary but they sure are pretty. :D
well me 2101 int and ~11.6k ES
but hell my icestorm tooltip shows only ~7.5k avg dmg.... near 7k diff wtf oO
"
5iar wrote:
now I will ask a question ._. am following the build but why we focus that much in intelligence? 2500 is way too high !? why? for es only?

This is our main source of damage.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Icestorm

"
Deals 1 to 3 base Cold Damage per 10 Intelligence
Base duration is 1.5 seconds
One impact every 0.1 seconds
0.15 seconds additional Base Duration per 100 Intelligence

+ whispering ice mod "1% increased Spell Damage per 10 Intelligence"
Last edited by AsbelFar on Apr 15, 2019, 4:12:35 AM
"
AsbelFar wrote:
"
5iar wrote:

This is our main source of damage.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Icestorm

"
Deals 1 to 3 base Cold Damage per 10 Intelligence
Base duration is 1.5 seconds
One impact every 0.1 seconds
0.15 seconds additional Base Duration per 100 Intelligence

On top of that one of the mods of the staff is : 1% increased spell damage per 10 intelligence. This also increase Winter Orb damage ---> better clear speed.

And for those who have a Shaper Amulet or a Synthesized Amulet with 1% increased spell damage per 15 intelligence mod getting as much possible Intelligence is even more important.

Many people tend to not give so much importance to duration of the Icestorms. I can tell you that this is quite important, pre-casting Icestorms for ~7 seconds on a boss like those in Nexus (which are quite immobile) or even on Shaper makes them melting in seconds after they spawn thus ignoring a lot of possible damage they can inflict due to some bad mods they can get.

For me getting as much Intelligence as possible has even more advantages since Intelligence gives mana also and i am using a Watcher's Eye with % of maximum mana as extra maximum energy shield ---> even more ES granted by Intelligence.

~7 seconds pre-casted IceStorms + Frostbomb debuff + Vaal Righthouse Fire + The Wise Oak flask + The Bottled Faith Sulphur flask + Atziri Promise flask popped-up and "You can see the true face of God exile!"

Last edited by lilianmarius on Apr 15, 2019, 4:30:31 AM
Hi there! First of all thank you very much for this awesome build. Enjoying it alot.

Now I want to get ahead and get me a nice chestpiece, but I'm very new to this game so I have zero clue on where to begin. I been lucky, so I have the currency to craft one, but I just dont know where to begin.

Can anybody help me out?
"
elil91 wrote:
Hi there! First of all thank you very much for this awesome build. Enjoying it alot.

Now I want to get ahead and get me a nice chestpiece, but I'm very new to this game so I have zero clue on where to begin. I been lucky, so I have the currency to craft one, but I just dont know where to begin.

Can anybody help me out?

I think you can start from here :

"
Kelvynn wrote:
Re: Regalia crafting

As soon as I stopped wasting time on the dumb Synthesis stuff and found 2 exalts, I did this:

1. Bought an ilvl 83 Shaper Vaal Regalia base (5c). iLvl 83 is required for the %Int mod.
2. Scoured it.
3. Alteration spammed it until I got these affixes (about 800 alts, probably a little bit of good luck):
a) 9-12% increased Int - MUST HAVE
b) 85% increased ES (T3) - this could be any T1-3 increased or flat ES
4. Bought a Craicic Chimeral (35c) and created an imprint.
5. Regaled it. Got a junk mod.
6. Bought an Annulment orb (22c) and annuled it. Lost the ES mod :(
7. Used the imprint.
8. Repeated steps 5-7 two more times. Got a junk mod both times, but finally annulled it (1/3 chance, right on target).
9. Crafted the multi-mod (2 ex) and the rest of the mods (several c).
10. Divined to 12% Int (2 div).

In the past, Alts used to be a lot cheaper, so it was easier and cheaper to simply alt spam, then regal, then scour bad result and alt spam again. But after the crafting revamp in 3.5 alts rose in price by a lot, so now it's easier to spend 57c on imprint + annul than to buy a new batch of alts, unless you want to bet on rolling those affixes again in less than 500 alts.

Final result:

Just need to catch Hillock in Fortification now to make it 28q. Probably was easier to buy some Perfect Fossils (4c) and get it to 28-30q before starting. And this will absolutely do for the endgame. Maybe I'll craft or buy a better one later, but for now the chest slot is done.
"
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Useful information

I decided to try my hand at crafting a synthesized Int ring. Gotta do something while working on the grind challenges, right?

You can:
a) get rings with 54+ Int fractured mod (0.5-1 ex currently) and scour them. Note: fractured mods cannot be divined, and you need 160+ Int;

Hi Kel

I bought 3 rings with combined 160int but as i scoured them they went blue :-(

i can regal the rings but then i have really low change that the int mod will chosen.
Did i understand something wrong ?

You regal them and then annul the other mod. They will remain rare but with 1 mod, thus giving you a 100% chance to roll Int on the result. This is why the fractured T1 Int is so expensive. Alt spamming is cheaper but not guaranteed.

P.S. Implicit mod cannot be chosen for synthesis. The type of the rings doesn't matter.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 15, 2019, 11:56:10 AM
The syndicate boss at the final safehouse is rough, I can't seem to regen fast enough or leech for reasons. Any tips. lost all 20% of my progress

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info