[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Re: Regalia crafting

As soon as I stopped wasting time on the dumb Synthesis stuff and found 2 exalts, I did this:

1. Bought an ilvl 83 Shaper Vaal Regalia base (5c). iLvl 83 is required for the %Int mod.
2. Scoured it.
3. Alteration spammed it until I got these affixes (about 800 alts, probably a little bit of good luck):
a) 9-12% increased Int - MUST HAVE
b) 85% increased ES (T3) - this could be any T1-3 increased or flat ES
4. Bought a Craicic Chimeral (35c) and created an imprint.
5. Regaled it. Got a junk mod.
6. Bought an Annulment orb (22c) and annuled it. Lost the ES mod :(
7. Used the imprint.
8. Repeated steps 5-7 two more times. Got a junk mod both times, but finally annulled it (1/3 chance, right on target).
9. Crafted the multi-mod (2 ex) and the rest of the mods (several c).
10. Divined to 12% Int (2 div).

In the past, Alts used to be a lot cheaper, so it was easier and cheaper to simply alt spam, then regal, then scour bad result and alt spam again. But after the crafting revamp in 3.5 alts rose in price by a lot, so now it's easier to spend 57c on imprint + annul than to buy a new batch of alts, unless you want to bet on rolling those affixes again in less than 500 alts.

Final result:

Just need to catch Hillock in Fortification now to make it 28q. Probably was easier to buy some Perfect Fossils (4c) and get it to 28-30q before starting. And this will absolutely do for the endgame. Maybe I'll craft or buy a better one later, but for now the chest slot is done.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 23, 2019, 2:46:19 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Kirian42 wrote:
So theoretically, what would you do if you got a 6-link staff from fusing orbs even though you wanted a 5-link?

6L trash clearing staff: WO - CwC - GMP - Controlled Destruction - Cold Pen - Infused Channelling (or Energy Leech).

Not 100% sure about the 6th gem since I haven't had a chance to try 6L myself. Infused Channelling looks very interesting, although it gives damage mostly to WO itself and only a secondary bonus for Icestorm. EL would affect both, but with less damage. Not sure what's better.

@lilianmarius: you have 6L, try Infused Channelling? I think WO will just blow up all trash even in T16/delves without even needing much help from Icestorm. And the defensive bonus looks nice for deep delves.

Well, with the Spell Cascade fix it no longer matters. My problem was that no matter what I put in a 6th socket, my mana sustain was terrible. SC doesn't support WO, so that's no longer a worry!
"
Kelvynn wrote:

As soon as I stopped wasting time on the dumb Synthesis stuff and found 2 exalts, I did this:

1. Bought an ilvl 83 Shaper Vaal Regalia base (5c). iLvl 83 is required for the %Int mod.
2 ...

Nice crafting tips, thanks - I may use them if/when I drop some exalts! I didn't drop any exalts last league but we'll see how we go this time...
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
Thanks a lot for this nice and helpful guide. It's my first week in POE. Without this guide I would have been lost terrible.

BUT

I am following this guide and I am having several serious problems. I hope I get a liitle help:

1. My winter orb is only shooting 1 projectile, in several videos I saw it shooting multiple Arrows, feels like I am missing somethings
2. I am using Bloodrage lvl 1 with Arakalli upgrade to second stage. But the debuff is killing me after fights, without leech target and low on life i died several tinmes

and because of this I think i am missing a gem, or a special item stat/mod. My ES is at 4900 atm. Would like to get higher!!

So I am asking for a help according this problems. Can you guys see my char and equip? or do i have to post it to make helping easier (dont know how to post my stuff with links.)

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Thajin/characters

Many thanks for your time!! helping a newbie is allways handling stupid questions - sry for beeing the noob this time!
Last edited by Thajin on Mar 23, 2019, 7:07:57 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

2 ...

Thank you for the well written crafting tips! I have a number of upgrades to make. I'm currently in tier 9s and haven't had any issues yet. What's the suggested order of upgrades to be successful in red maps?

-get two whispering ice staffs
-get quality gems
-buy watcher's eye
-craft regalia

My character is public, thank you!
Can we be "hindered" by enemies with this build?
Hello, Thanks for the guide. I am a returning player (last played in War of Atlas)

I am playing this build & have some questions.

What is the main source of life/ES recovery? I am level 35 & while I kill decently against he run of the mill mobs (using Freezing pulse) in leveling, I have an issue with life recovery (can't leech/ not sufficient regen), & the ones in the nexus hit me really hard & I need to spam life flash to survive.

I saw in the first post the recovery is from ES leech from Energy Leech support gem, but it's not the gem recommended in the main clearing stuff. What did I miss?

As a follow up question, what can I do to sustain life until I have ES later in level 62?

Last question, how do one get white sockets without corruption. Is is a new game craft introduced after War of Atlas?

"
Thajin wrote:
Thanks a lot for this nice and helpful guide. It's my first week in POE. Without this guide I would have been lost terrible.

BUT

I am following this guide and I am having several serious problems. I hope I get a liitle help:

1. My winter orb is only shooting 1 projectile, in several videos I saw it shooting multiple Arrows, feels like I am missing somethings
2. I am using Bloodrage lvl 1 with Arakalli upgrade to second stage. But the debuff is killing me after fights, without leech target and low on life i died several tinmes

and because of this I think i am missing a gem, or a special item stat/mod. My ES is at 4900 atm. Would like to get higher!!

So I am asking for a help according this problems. Can you guys see my char and equip? or do i have to post it to make helping easier (dont know how to post my stuff with links.)

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Thajin/characters

Many thanks for your time!! helping a newbie is allways handling stupid questions - sry for beeing the noob this time!

Please read the Leveling Guide more carefully, especially the parts about switching to Icestorm and switching to CI. Some of your items don't have Int, and you did not switch your tree from Life to CI, you simply took CI on top of the Life tree.

For the Blood Rage issues, read the part About Blood Rage in the main guide.

Your staff is 5S and cannot have both SC and GMP. Choose what you like better until you get a 6S staff.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 23, 2019, 12:25:44 PM
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
Can we be "hindered" by enemies with this build?

Yes. Unless you get a jewel corrupted with Hinder immunity (not hard to get that on a Brute Force Solution).
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
Thank you for the well written crafting tips! I have a number of upgrades to make. I'm currently in tier 9s and haven't had any issues yet. What's the suggested order of upgrades to be successful in red maps?

-get two whispering ice staffs
-get quality gems
-buy watcher's eye
-craft regalia

My character is public, thank you!

Yes, something like that.

And swap CD and EF in your staff. Linking EF with WO loses its freeze ability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info