[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Managed to finish one HOGM with 2 portals up. Didn't run into the GC miner ... I wonder if the dudes in the HOGM are random or if they're always the same.

However, the second run, I stopped in the second room and got killed 5 times by a dude shooting arc from the edge of the screen and his golems. Golems hit hard and I can't leech from them due to ele immunity. The ES on hit watcher's eye doesn't seem to help much either.

The build can apparently manage to finish HOGM but it's way too random to farm reliably. The loot is also crappy and inconsistent.

Finished 2/8 HOGM this league. That's enough gambling for me.
Hi there, it seems this build at 1300 int kills my internet (jumps to 250ms+ when I keep stacking icestorms, often crashes instances)
I don't have this issue without spell cascade support. What can I use instead ?
"
Cryotik wrote:
Hi there, it seems this build at 1300 int kills my internet (jumps to 250ms+ when I keep stacking icestorms, often crashes instances)

Doesn't sound related. Try shifting to Predictive (just in case) in the options and lowering you graphics settings perhaps?
"
"
Cryotik wrote:

Doesn't sound related. Try shifting to Predictive (just in case) in the options and lowering you graphics settings perhaps?

Already done. It still crashes after channeling for too long. My latency skyrockets and everything else becomes laggy (Discord, Google Chrome, you name it)
delete
Last edited by Badtwo on Mar 24, 2019, 5:53:05 PM
Managed to get the Cortex fight. Level 83 area with a 13% penetration on it, and I ate a telegraphed slam, so didn't quite do it deathless. Almost everything else was easily tankable though.

I was rewarded with one of these. Probably going to use it on the build. 7-10% more damage should be worth replacing your Sulfur flask.

"
LastMagus wrote:
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
Is it better to get a watcher's eye with Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hi or with increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate?

I'm using an ES on hit watcher's eye and I can tell you that while mapping and delving, the ES on hit is amazing.

I'm assuming that extra recovery rate would be better for bossing, especially when facing bosses with phases such as the eradicator, primordial blocks, chimera, hydra, uber elder, and anything along those lines.

Some of those encounters are sketchy to run with blood rage so using the recovery pantheon might not always work. An extra 20%+ from the ring might actually make up for the BR+IC+pantheon setup.

Even with dozens of ice shards hitting a boss, I doubt that 20smth es on hit is enough to sustain while face tanking anyway. But I bought mine because the ES recovery jwls are cheap and they'll probably only get cheaper so I can snag one later on and test on end-game fights.

I'm also trying to get to 100 so I'm constantly lvling and I can't really focus on doing end-game content above shaper / uber atziri in difficulty. Losing any xp on this build is soul crushing. :)

IMO, i think that the es on hit jwl would better fit builds that are more mobile aka brand builds. There, you can run away avoid some stuff and still leech + get instant es on hit. But atm I think they are overpriced. I paid over 3ex for mine and have not gotten my investment back in terms of what content I can tackle better with it. Sometimes I feel like swapping it for a 20+ int ring for the dmg and slight ES increase.

Thanks a lot! I just bought a ES recovery rate watcher's eye for 1.5 ex. :)

First Uber Elder try in this league and he is down deathless although had immense lag during fight - this league, servers (tried all EU servers) are so crappy that my latency grows from ~40 ms to 90-100 ms during intense fights.

12.873 ES
2.244 Intelligence

Purity of Ice + 2x Sapphire Flasks + Soul of Yugul + Blood Rage
Didn't use The Vigil for extended Fortify duration, socket with Brute Force near Scion don't have enough Str in range. Didn't use Bonechill also, not enough mana to support Arctic Armor and i am not paying for a Enlighten lv 3 :)

Last edited by lilianmarius on Mar 24, 2019, 8:18:31 PM
Guess who forgot that the +6% all attributes craft is locked behind a veiled mod dropped by someone that has never been in my syndicate? Funtimes.

Soon(tm).
So, working on a crafted armor, and I hit this..

Trying to decide if the 14% physical as cold is better than an extra 40% increased from the craft. It works out to be around 10% physical mitigation. But almost 100 less ES from the body armor. Taking my total ES (with a finished craft) from around 14300 down to 13700. So around a 600 ES loss.

So, around a 5-6% loss in total ES, for a 10% mitigation in physical hits?

Also, I'm going to have the same problem as above. Anyone have the 6% attribute craft unlocked?
Last edited by Breken on Mar 24, 2019, 10:36:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info