[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

For those who need 6% increased attributes craft, if you didn't get it already on your chest, I can help you with craft. I am usually online after 20.00 GMT+1.

Whisper me in game after that hour and you'll have it done!
Last edited by lilianmarius on Mar 25, 2019, 7:46:34 AM
anyone managed to do some testing with ES on hit vs, ES recovery rate?
I want to ask why i should use Elemental Focus? Do we not want to chill enemies? What about hypothermia? Would it work instead of EF? So far i am leveling with WI (WO,Leech,CE,CWC,Spell Cascade). Exchanging ailements for more mdg with EF on this certain character is strage for me.

Maybe i just dont understand the point or mechanics of Elemental focus but giving away ailments from WI is just strange.

Can someone explain it to me?
"
DchJos wrote:
I want to ask why i should use Elemental Focus? Do we not want to chill enemies? What about hypothermia? Would it work instead of EF? So far i am leveling with WI (WO,Leech,CE,CWC,Spell Cascade). Exchanging ailements for more mdg with EF on this certain character is strage for me.

Maybe i just dont understand the point or mechanics of Elemental focus but giving away ailments from WI is just strange.

EF removal of "ailments" affect only the supported skill, in our case only IceStorm if we socket it in the staff.
According to PoE Wiki any cold damage skill can chill enemy by 10% so because of that we can still chill the target with Winter Orb that is not linked with EF.

More than that, Arctic Armour can chill also a target by 30% if the target hits you and this is also not affected by EF linking to IceStorm .
Last edited by lilianmarius on Mar 25, 2019, 8:48:23 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
Just beat the final boss of the league - Venarius in a level 80 area:

Grats!

How did you find that Cortex Memory thing? I've been getting random bosses quite often but never the Cortex.
"
Did anyone tried to replace CWDT + ball of lightning + curse on hit + enfeeble/frostbite + blind with manually casted frost bomb + curse on hit + both curses (enfeeble + frostbite) + blind?
Second curse node takes only 4-5 passive points and means another permanent -40% cold resist...
We cast frostbomb all the time anyway(when mobs don't die in one second) so there is probably no drawback?
And Ball of lightning procs still only when we got hit = mobs dont die in one second again.

What do you think?

Frost Bomb doesn't hit until it explodes. Applying curses manually with a 3 sec delay won't work well. Not to mention the area of application. Ball Lighting is amazing.
"
Guess who forgot that the +6% all attributes craft is locked behind a veiled mod dropped by someone that has never been in my syndicate? Funtimes.

Soon(tm).

Hillock.

You unlock the first rank (4%) of this mod in the lab trial in A3 Imperial Gardens, and then just buy body armors with the mod 'of Hillock's Veil' until you unlock 5% and finally 6%.
"
Breken wrote:
So, working on a crafted armor, and I hit this..

Trying to decide if the 14% physical as cold is better than an extra 40% increased from the craft. It works out to be around 10% physical mitigation. But almost 100 less ES from the body armor. Taking my total ES (with a finished craft) from around 14300 down to 13700. So around a 600 ES loss.

So, around a 5-6% loss in total ES, for a 10% mitigation in physical hits?

Also, I'm going to have the same problem as above. Anyone have the 6% attribute craft unlocked?

Mitigating phys hits is not really a priority. We have AA and IC for that already. I would not use that affix on a regalia, unless you just need a temporary item while trying to craft better.
"
DchJos wrote:

EF only affects Icestorm icicles. They don't chill, and their hits are too small to matter for freezing. Enemies are chilled by the chilled ground produced by Icestorm and by Arctic Armour, and are frozen by Winter Orb and Frigid Wake - and none of that is affected by EF.
New video: Hall of Grandmasters

There have been a number of questions about HoGM. I haven't made a video for that place in quite a while, and it got revamped in 3.6. So I went and cleared it a few times and made a video.

Some of the enemies there now use imbalanced OP skills such as Scorching Ray (that we used against them in the fire version!) and GC mines, and there is one dude with Vaal Blade Vortex.

All the 'old gubbens' (max block) that were the most dangerous before spell block got nerfed are now a joke, but there is a 'new gubben' that uses a legacy Aegis with almost max block + Scorching Ray. Ouch! The only way I could kill that guy was to die together with him: can only outdamage his block/Aegis heal if you facetank him, but that means he stacks max stage SR on you, and the moment he dies it destroys you too. SR burn continuing after its caster is dead is ridiculous.

Pantheon: Solaris + Yugul. Solaris neutralizes crits. You can see me killing DanziGGG (crit Lightning Arrow + Frost wall) easily near the end of the last hall, without his crits he's not too bad. Yugul is mostly for the GC miners.

Auras: Discipline, AA, Purity of Fire. PoF just for the SR enemies.

I bring Ruby against SR and Sapphire against GC. And the mandatory Warding and Staunching flasks. Plus a Sulphur to use on each wave.

Gems: use the boss staff with Spell Cascade instead of CE.

Take out Blood Rage and Bonechill (unless you have Enlighten and can afford to keep Bonechill with a Purity).

What to do: pre-cast Icestorm, drop a Frost Bomb, Flame dash to it and hit the Sulphur flask. Faceroll everything. Use Ruby when you see RF or SR. Use Sapphire when you see GC. You are almost guaranteed to get cursed, so hit the Warding flask too. And Staunch when you get bled, although it's not a big deal while there are still enemies alive to leech from.

At the end of each hall switch to the off-screen killing: keep casting Icestorms far ahead and dropping Frost Bombs there, and advance step by step. All really dangerous enemies are at the hall ends.

Notables (they are all random spawns at the ends of random halls):

- Pouniss: the strongest SR caster. Try to off-screen her. Or at least die together with her (she dies and then her SR kills you when you don't have a leech target anymore).

- Sir Janusz: max block + SR. Cast Icestorms on yourself, keep Frost Bomb up, he will teleport to you and SR you. Ruby flask. You WILL die after he does.

- TheGrandHamster: BV + Vaal BV. When you see Vaal BV (it's red, appears on you and chases you), keep dashing away from it until it fades, then kill the guy.

- (didn't catch the name): CWDT Unearth + Cremation(?). Spawns corpses on you and explodes them. Don't stand in one place. When you see corpse explosions, start dodging them and keep casting on him.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 25, 2019, 2:10:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info