[3.5] Occultist Cold DoT Caster (Cold Snap + Vortex) WIP

"
CMa_ wrote:

Thanks, ill try to use this build on HC so i need more defence, what do you advise about 90 lvl on tree?

I really really do not recommend this build for HC, especially as a starting character. Maybe as second one, but not first for sure.
"
Agr1as wrote:
"
CMa_ wrote:

Thanks, ill try to use this build on HC so i need more defence, what do you advise about 90 lvl on tree?

I really really do not recommend this build for HC, especially as a starting character. Maybe as second one, but not first for sure.

why? There arent so much expensive gear, i understand that i wont have 14 k EC but 11-12 it can be - its norm for HC

Can you advise smth for more defence?
Last edited by CMa_ on Dec 8, 2018, 2:39:25 PM
"
CMa_ wrote:
"
Agr1as wrote:
"
CMa_ wrote:

why? There arent so much expensive gear, i understand that i wont have 14 k EC but 11-12 it can be - its norm for HC

Can you advise smth for more defence?

You might be fine in late game, but starting as a CI is a suicide mission)
Whats your opinion of CI vs Life+curses?

Doing a similair build and just hit merc lab and got to chose now. CI has more damage potential by going low life later on, but life+curses seems much saver for general mapping.
While leveling up I decided to go with arctic breath and cold snap to get used to stacking DOTs (and perhaps try something goofy with a triple DOT stack with Arctic Breath, Vortex, and Cold Snap). However, even though all posts related to this have indicated that people think all three would stack, from watching my damage, I'm not completely sure that Cold Snap and Arctic Breath's DOTs actually stack.

I haven't been really scientific about this, and it's really hard to judge this with enemies moving in and out of the AOEs, so I was wondering if someone had tested or observed this phenomena more carefully.

Thanks for any help.
I'm doing an artic breath occultist self cast. And I'm in act 7. The build is pretty good in term of damages but the CI part is pretty difficult (my witch is very very squishy, lots of one shot death by syndicates).
I'm gonna stick to artic breath self cast and try to push it in endgame.
"
Tigetmp wrote:
While leveling up I decided to go with arctic breath and cold snap to get used to stacking DOTs (and perhaps try something goofy with a triple DOT stack with Arctic Breath, Vortex, and Cold Snap). However, even though all posts related to this have indicated that people think all three would stack, from watching my damage, I'm not completely sure that Cold Snap and Arctic Breath's DOTs actually stack.

I haven't been really scientific about this, and it's really hard to judge this with enemies moving in and out of the AOEs, so I was wondering if someone had tested or observed this phenomena more carefully.

Thanks for any help.

Can't say anything about Arctic Breath - didn't use it, but CS and Vortex 100% do stack.
"
Gomoku7 wrote:
I'm doing an artic breath occultist self cast. And I'm in act 7. The build is pretty good in term of damages but the CI part is pretty difficult (my witch is very very squishy, lots of one shot death by syndicates).
I'm gonna stick to artic breath self cast and try to push it in endgame.

I've said it a couple times in this thread - never start league as CI unless you really know what you are doing)
"
Tortunga wrote:
Whats your opinion of CI vs Life+curses?

Doing a similair build and just hit merc lab and got to chose now. CI has more damage potential by going low life later on, but life+curses seems much saver for general mapping.

How are you going to sustain your life? Leech would be too weak cause we are scaling DoT and not hit damage and also sources of elemental leech for spells are very hard to find (you are pretty much stuck with Warlord's Mark). Also curses are almost useless on hard bosses like Shaper/Elder etc which is why I personally do not like them, cause usually killing regular monsters is not a problem for any decent build so you don't really need to rely on curses for that and on bosses curses do not help too much.
Currently lvl 84. Went life es hybrid about 3.5/4.5. will go ci soon then LL when I come into some money. plenty of damage so far with this build in t10 maps. Any thoughts on uniques to incorporate into the builds? Since this league has alot of tanky bosses like syndicates and beasts do you think curses are more viable?
Last edited by TrueGohan on Dec 9, 2018, 10:51:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info