[3.5] Occultist Cold DoT Caster (Cold Snap + Vortex) WIP

"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
Whats the best lab enchant to get? What is the dps difference betwen vortex damage and the rest?

On boots - life/mana regen after being hit. Helps a LOT.
On gloves - none, cause you should be using Fingerless Silk Gloves.
On helmet - never bothered with it) But if I would, I would get Vortex CD, just for that QoL improvement. You don't need damage, everything melts as it is.
Last edited by Agr1as on Dec 25, 2018, 5:34:22 PM
I don't know why but I'm still getting one shot at level 90 randomly, specially againts T16 bosses.

I have +10k ES and capped res so... Maybe using Lunaris + Grutkul is not the best pantheons options? Maybe my gear is missing something? Damage it's not a problem. Guardians die pretty fast if I manage to dodge the one shot mechanics.
"
MiguelFg wrote:
I don't know why but I'm still getting one shot at level 90 randomly, specially againts T16 bosses.

I have +10k ES and capped res so... Maybe using Lunaris + Grutkul is not the best pantheons options? Maybe my gear is missing something? Damage it's not a problem. Guardians die pretty fast if I manage to dodge the one shot mechanics.

You could change Lunaris to Solaris for bosses, but I doubt it would make much difference. Also 10k ES is not that much, you have to take into account that as ES character you have no armor or evasion to speak of, so you can't compare your EHP pool to those of life characters.

And while this build can run almost any mods (even ele reflect and no regen, although both are a pain in the ass) you still have to be careful when you have a lot of damage mods or a combination of curse/-max res and damage mods. There is no such thing as invincible characters in PoE (well not since they nerfed flasks in 3.5) so you still have to play careful sometimes and dodge. But dodging is not that hard when you have a powerful instant skill which does not require you to stand in one place to do damage)
"
Agr1as wrote:
"
MiguelFg wrote:

You could change Lunaris to Solaris for bosses, but I doubt it would make much difference. Also 10k ES is not that much, you have to take into account that as ES character you have no armor or evasion to speak of, so you can't compare your EHP pool to those of life characters.

And while this build can run almost any mods (even ele reflect and no regen, although both are a pain in the ass) you still have to be careful when you have a lot of damage mods or a combination of curse/-max res and damage mods. There is no such thing as invincible characters in PoE (well not since they nerfed flasks in 3.5) so you still have to play careful sometimes and dodge. But dodging is not that hard when you have a powerful instant skill which does not require you to stand in one place to do damage)

`no regen` is absolutely not dangerous map mode cuz of `faster start of ES recharge` mechanics uses `recharge` instead of `regeneration` so mode problem is only mana regeneration. Sure there is a few mode combos we are must be care about - `damage modes + action speed unable to be reduced` or `curses + extra damage` etc.

Chill slowing + temporal chains + shield recharge + cold dot damage are absolutely faceroll combo which allow you to play `chill and smooth` lul. Easiest uber elders in my life with this build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3yMTZto7kY
Farming uelder right now deathless.. Play my own version but man vortex in combination with occ is kinda broken atm
"
xopolol wrote:
"
Agr1as wrote:
"
MiguelFg wrote:

`no regen` is absolutely not dangerous map mode cuz of `faster start of ES recharge` mechanics uses `recharge` instead of `regeneration` so mode problem is only mana regeneration. Sure there is a few mode combos we are must be care about - `damage modes + action speed unable to be reduced` or `curses + extra damage` etc.

Chill slowing + temporal chains + shield recharge + cold dot damage are absolutely faceroll combo which allow you to play `chill and smooth` lul. Easiest uber elders in my life with this build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3yMTZto7kY

Yes, no regen is not dangerous. But build is very mana hungry, so doing no regen map is just not pleasant)
I'm doing ziggy's version but I see the same problem.

Reflect is 'doable' but you have to play differently in that you absolutely cannot do the damage directly you have to lead them through your ice pools.

I find that maybe this build is just not for me due to that I like builds that can do all content while being fun.
^I got a less reflected ele damage watcher's eye while using purity. I use it for ele reflect maps withough teh TC curse.
"
dinktinkle wrote:
I'm doing ziggy's version but I see the same problem.

Reflect is 'doable' but you have to play differently in that you absolutely cannot do the damage directly you have to lead them through your ice pools.

I find that maybe this build is just not for me due to that I like builds that can do all content while being fun.

Well it can do any content without problems. For reflect - get Sybil Lament, use Yugul pantheon, and maybe use Watcher's Eye like in the post above.
"
Ruination1337 wrote:
Farming uelder right now deathless.. Play my own version but man vortex in combination with occ is kinda broken atm

Why Evasion rating on your Vaal Regalia?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info