[3.5] Occultist Cold DoT Caster (Cold Snap + Vortex) WIP

Agr1as,Now that you test your character for a few weeks would you consider to make a build guide?, with leveling section, needed gear for endgame, etc?. The cost of the gear to reach 15k like yours its reachable or 15k ES its a build of 200 exalts?
"

@ Agr1as

Just wondering, how many chromes did it take to color your bow?

I've colored 2 bows, 5 link when I was leveling up and 6 link I'm currently using.

1st one took me ONE try of 2B craft on the bench. 2nd took four tries of 2B craft (didn't have 3B yet). So I got VERY lucky) Wouldn't recommend it. 4% of movement speed are not worth it, just get Porcupine cards and go from there.

"
yissus wrote:
Agr1as,Now that you test your character for a few weeks would you consider to make a build guide?, with leveling section, needed gear for endgame, etc?. The cost of the gear to reach 15k like yours its reachable or 15k ES its a build of 200 exalts?

Not 200 exalts, but it is pretty expensive, as ES gear became very popular this league. I've crafted my own armor, boots, bow and helmet and got pretty lucky there, like spending about 20c to craft boots, and about 150-200c each for armor and helmet. Bow takes 2ex to craft (1 for Cannot roll attack mods and 1 to get +1 gems slam). Got my gloves for about 4ex, ring and amu 1ex each. So nothing too crazy.

As to writing a guide - don't really see the point, there are a lot of similar builds already, it looks like half of PoE players this league tried Cold DoT casters) Only difference is using a bow/quiver instead of 1h/shield or 2h and I don't think it warrants writing a full guide about it.

Btw, if you look at my alternate weapon set - I've made myself a 1h/shield setup for Delve. Switching Vortex in my armor, also switching Bonechill with Conc effect. Delving never been so easy)
"
DevilsmilE wrote:
"
Islandsbrygge wrote:

Hi mate

Could you walk through how you did this crafting step by step mate? :)

Cheers

Hey, first you need a full set of porpcupine. Turn in your bow and get shrieking essence of sorrow for +2. What you are aiming for is 1 prefix and 3 suffixes, the next step is to annul off 1 suffix. What you need to be able to begin the craft is 1prefix and 2 suffixes on a 3 stat bow. Next you craft cannot roll attack mods on it and slam for +1 bow. Remove crafted mod and craft 70%+ cold damage prefix. For the last suffix slot you can just slam it if you want.

Thanks for help mate-

Now just need enchant of that damn spider on ring.

Still trying to understand how to push Damage a little higher -

Build is solid sure.
I'm running a variation of this (many builds all are super fun, love you guys for that) with 2 curses. Enfeeble and TC. Should I switch from TC to despair or stay with TC?
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
I'm running a variation of this (many builds all are super fun, love you guys for that) with 2 curses. Enfeeble and TC. Should I switch from TC to despair or stay with TC?

If you want to change curse - change enfeeble. TC is the best curse for this build.
Simple Question:

Playing the cold dot from Ziddyd. looks like not the same, but related to this!

what is better?

a) pure spell damage
b) pure cold damage
c) cold damage to spells
d) damage over time
e) cold damage over time multiplier

i am wondering, what the best enchantments are...i am not sure if +50 spelldamage is better than 29% damage over time...

maybe someone can give me a good hint and answer :-)
"
DerianDerian wrote:
Simple Question:

Playing the cold dot from Ziddyd. looks like not the same, but related to this!

what is better?

a) pure spell damage
b) pure cold damage
c) cold damage to spells
d) damage over time
e) cold damage over time multiplier

i am wondering, what the best enchantments are...i am not sure if +50 spelldamage is better than 29% damage over time...

maybe someone can give me a good hint and answer :-)

You can test it all in Path of Building. It depends on values, but generally - cold DoT multiplier is the best stat as it is a MORE, not increased. Cold damage to spells does nothing for DoT, so it is almost useless for this build.
And spell damage/cold damage is the same thing for this build. Damage over time is slightly worse than others cause it works only on DoT part of the spells, but not on the hit part. But since we don't scale hit part that much - it doesn't really matter.

So you should go for:
1. Cold DoT multiplier
2. Cold/Spell/Area damage
3. Damage over time
In this order and never for cold damage to spells. Also, when I tested jewels, 4% Cold DoT multi was about the same as 16% cold damage. So if you have to choose between like 10 Cold DoT multi or 70% cold damage - latter is better) But you should test it all in PoB to be sure.
Last edited by Agr1as on Dec 25, 2018, 3:00:10 AM
How much inferior would a only +2 socketed cold gems bow be?
Whats the best lab enchant to get? What is the dps difference betwen vortex damage and the rest?
"
Baruck1305 wrote:
How much inferior would a only +2 socketed cold gems bow be?

You lose 2 lvls to Vortex (cause of Emp getting +1 also) and 1 level on all supports. It's a noticeable chunk of damage, but you also can live without it) I've easily killed Uber Elder with just a +2 bow and lvl 20 Vortex.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info