Path of Exile: Betrayal Patch Notes

"
You shouldn't have punished melee like this tbh, with the removal of stat sticks. Melee was bad enough as it is.

They still work for casters after all (with the exception of nerfing shaped sticks)

Please don't balance around no-life streamers please.

Molten strike got buffed, a ton of uniques got buffed...although im pretty sure bows are looking even better. Trickster with hyrri's ire and minion damage stacking.
uhhh..
its only a small nerf to life on hit / molten strike so its still playable?
"
killodoggy wrote:

Quill rain nerf - This was necessary for many reasons. Quill rain can hit more than any other bow. Toxic rain and explosive arrow are not the only useful things. Cast on crit builds that focus spell damage needed something to stop quill rain from being the best bow for cast on crit builds in the end game.

It wasn't necessary - it was excessive. You could bypass the less weapon damage multiplier by setting up that didn't rely on the weapon damage primarily - now that the multiplier hits the final damage output I wouldn't even consider using it for its actual intended level range.

"
killodoggy wrote:

Indigon nerf - The cap was needed cause it was getting insane dps levels from experts. It still looks like the most powerful offensive spellcaster helmet, but now people have to use certain gameplay styles to get the insane amount of mana used to get near or at 2000% increased spell damage.

Did you even try building one yourself? Cutedog's setup was hitting headhunter territory.

I tried it myself for proof of concept. Even with several adjustments and versions tested, its just impractical for most players to hit those levels with an Indigon. Even at almost 5000 mana it wasn't particularly practical in rebuilding and maintaining the mana spent numbers. And I was testing against shaper guardians with mods, all vaaled.
Yep, totally over league play.
Unreal.
Last edited by ItsTru on Dec 5, 2018, 2:14:50 AM
These got to be the most savage patch notes I've seen in years.
Love'em!!!
Although i support nerfing Inpulsas and Shaper Elemental Mods on Statstick, i am pretty dissapointed about how pretty much all melee builds which were on par with better spell/totem etc. builds got a huge nerf without actually making 2h, dual wield actually better somehow.

As many people pointed out before, stat sticks without shaper mods, which were used for years now are totally useless, too.

I think its good if GGG tries to implement new mechanics as skills, like brands etc., but as a core of all Hack and Slay themed games there is probably always be melee, bow, spell and summoner (which includes totems, traps etc.). Which means some people, including me, will likely always be interested in melee playstyle, for example.

In an mostly economy oriented league system, the game is most fun for all players if different playstyles offer the same rewards in respect to currency investment in their builds. If some playstyles are far cheaper and faster to clear all content and make currency with than others, people will mostly only play these builds, or not play at all because their favoured playstyle (not build!) is not on par with other playstyles.

However its kind of crap, if the most effective way to get an decent melee build for example going which is suitable for endgame to farm the needed currency with a build you don't like because its faster and has lower investment cost. You either have to pick a playstyle you don't enjoy or be super ineffective, and that is not a good think in my opinion.

I am really happy about the changes to the master system, the new league mechanics etc. but i don't really like the difference in powerlevel between different playstyles.

Last edited by Karlchenkeule on Dec 5, 2018, 2:16:14 AM
At last... end of molten meta. It was boring... :)
"no longer unlocked by grinding master missions" ... "instead unlocked by ... completing specific objectives." - what's the difference? its not more complicated to inlock recipes and it is still a grind, no?
"Added new stats: Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier, and Cold Damage over Time Multiplier. These affect their respective damage over time types multiplicatively." - overspecialized nonsense. remove, pls.
"The Occultist" - why? what's cold DoT got to do with occultist?
"The Hierophant" - remove brands and the totem changes, pls. actually, revert all changes and leave it as it was.
"Shaper and Elder items and Jewels can now gain mods that affect Non-ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier and Cold Damage over Time Multiplier." - overspecialized nonsense. remove, pls.
"Ruby, Sapphire and Topaz flasks no longer grant added maximum resistances. Instead, they each reduce the damage taken of their respective elements by 20%." - so you don't want people to use 2x puritiy auras and an get the 3rd one with a flask? alright, less build diversity it is.
"Sin Trek now has 100-150 (down from 100-160) Energy Shield. Existing versions can be updated to these new values with a Divine Orb." - a change for -10 es? how is that relevant?
"Quill Rain now causes you to deal 40% less Damage (as opposed to Weapon Damage). This affects all versions of the item." - sad, but I see the point in that one.
"Divination Distillate no longer provides additional maximum resistances during flask effect and instead provides +50% to all elemental resistances during flask effect. Existing Divination Distillates are not affected." - why nerf the DEFENSIVE properties of flask instead of removing their power creep OFFENSIVE stats?
"Spine of the First Claimant now grants +25-35% to Cold Damage over Time Multiplier." - overspecialized nonsense. remove, pls.
"Bestiary and Menagerie Changes" - noooooooooooooooo. pls remove everything beastiary related from the game.
"Completing a map as part of a Zana mission now counts towards your Atlas' Map Completion and any associated challenges or achievements." - yaaay! thx!
"Bug Fixes" - thx!

...not looking forward to do "specialized" master missions and beastiary content. Hope all the actually new, and not just reworked content lives up to it. thx for all your work <3
POE GOTY. THE HYPE IS REAL BABY!!!
Hype is real
Butthurt of bestiary haters is real too xd
U caused my favourite league to go away. Now justice is served
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on Dec 5, 2018, 3:04:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info