[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Parhelius wrote:

A shaper helm would add Blastchain and an additional mine ideally.

Shaped helms can't roll the Additional Mine line in 3.8.

@topic

Great times in early red maps.

Running only Arc on the helmet, chest armor is there only to give me some HP and resistances. 4k HP + 2.6k mana pool. Annointed Path of the Savant on the amulet just for some spell damage + mana, one of the few viable options with the oils I had at the moment. Also looking for a better wand, this one right now is kinda on a meme level of bad.

Had to decide between Wrath and Skitterbots on the Essence Worm. Wrath opens up some Watcher's Eye possibilities, but Skitterbots are so goddamn useful. I was thinking of grabbing Skitterbots and a Blastchain + Hypothermia helmet to get a pseudo-6L Arc. Toss in an abyss jewel with cold damage to spells and GG.
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Sep 11, 2019, 11:19:08 AM
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
"
Parhelius wrote:

A shaper helm would add Blastchain and an additional mine ideally.

Shaped helms can't roll the Additional Mine line in 3.8.

@topic

Great times in early red maps.

Running only Arc on the helmet, chest armor is there only to give me some HP and resistances. 4k HP + 2.6k mana pool. Annointed Path of the Savant on the amulet just for some spell damage + mana, one of the few viable options with the oils I had at the moment. Also looking for a better wand, this one right now is kinda on a meme level of bad.

Had to decide between Wrath and Skitterbots on the Essence Worm. Wrath opens up some Watcher's Eye possibilities, but Skitterbots are so goddamn useful. I was thinking of grabbing Skitterbots and a Blastchain + Hypothermia helmet to get a pseudo-6L Arc. Toss in an abyss jewel with cold damage to spells and GG.

Ah, didn't realise they'd removed that from 3.8. Thanks for the heads-up.

Hypothermia in the helmet sounds like a nice idea - could you not just socket in added cold damage for arc to achieve the same thing as the jewel? And speaking of, minefield over swift assembly might increase your dps, no? Or is there a reason for keeping the setup as you have it? And withering step is a nice alternative to phase run in boots.

I went for successive detonations, though as I posted earlier, there are probably a few mine-based anointments that would be viable, it's hard to choose.

There are some decent cheap options for weapon upgrades, this cost me 3c:

Assuming multi-craft is going to be the way to go for end-game dps.

Do you have a single target option? Can't decide on whether ice spear mine feels better than lightning trap would.
"
Parhelius wrote:

Ah, didn't realise they'd removed that from 3.8. Thanks for the heads-up.

Hypothermia in the helmet sounds like a nice idea - could you not just socket in added cold damage for arc to achieve the same thing as the jewel? And speaking of, minefield over swift assembly might increase your dps, no? Or is there a reason for keeping the setup as you have it? And withering step is a nice alternative to phase run in boots.

I went for successive detonations, though as I posted earlier, there are probably a few mine-based anointments that would be viable, it's hard to choose.

There are some decent cheap options for weapon upgrades, this cost me 3c:

Assuming multi-craft is going to be the way to go for end-game dps.

Do you have a single target option? Can't decide on whether ice spear mine feels better than lightning trap would.

Added cold on the helmet would be even better, but that would require 3 green on a red/blue base. Ended up switching to an hypothermia helmet, anyway.

Cold damage on Arc also adds another defensive layer, as you're chilling things left and right and end up shattering them.

That + Skitterbots + another wand (ditched the shield, as I'm not struggling with defenses right now) almost doubled my damage.

And yeah, Skitterbots are too good. Their targetting mechanic is really nice (they go in the general direction where you last threw mines and pursue enemies), and their constant shock + chill auras are kinda absurd with the Saboteur nodes.

I never went Minefield because most white mobs end up dying in 1 or 2 mines, anyway. Minefield made mine throwing quite clunky, so I just sticked with Swift Assembly and never looked back.

I might look into a Loreweave with an Ice Spear mine setup later, but damage is quite good so far with the pseudo-6L Arc.
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Sep 11, 2019, 1:08:30 PM
I am still thinking about playing this build or not considering how dated the origin guide is
"
Grixzen wrote:
I am still thinking about playing this build or not considering how dated the origin guide is

There are some updates for 3.7 and then 3.8 at the top of the page, and you can look over builds on poe.ninja.

"
leafyr0kr wrote:
And yeah, Skitterbots are too good. Their targetting mechanic is really nice (they go in the general direction where you last threw mines and pursue enemies), and their constant shock + chill auras are kinda absurd with the Saboteur nodes.

I never went Minefield because most white mobs end up dying in 1 or 2 mines, anyway. Minefield made mine throwing quite clunky, so I just sticked with Swift Assembly and never looked back.

I might look into a Loreweave with an Ice Spear mine setup later, but damage is quite good so far with the pseudo-6L Arc.

Yeah, enjoying the skitterbots. Fair enough, I find 5 mines at once is quite nice but agree that it feels a bit clunky. Contemplated grabbing one of the notables that increases throwing speed with the oils, but I think it should be fine once I can scale more dps.

No idea what to go for in terms of a 6L chest. Any ideas? I'd looked at loreweave but wondered if there was a miners equivalent of Tinkerskin.
"
Parhelius wrote:
No idea what to go for in terms of a 6L chest. Any ideas? I'd looked at loreweave but wondered if there was a miners equivalent of Tinkerskin.

Damage-wise, I think nothing beats something like a Shroud of the Lightless with some sick corrupted implicits (grabbing up to +3 lvls to your main damage gem is bonkers). Depending on the skill, you could also go for a Carcass Jack. Dunno if a miner chest equivalent to Tinkerskin exists, tho.

I'm actually considering getting an Inpulsa for the AoE shock explosions. Don't want to get too squishy, tho.
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
"
Parhelius wrote:

Damage-wise, I think nothing beats something like a Shroud of the Lightless with some sick corrupted implicits (grabbing up to +3 lvls to your main damage gem is bonkers). Depending on the skill, you could also go for a Carcass Jack. Dunno if a miner chest equivalent to Tinkerskin exists, tho.

I'm actually considering getting an Inpulsa for the AoE shock explosions. Don't want to get too squishy, tho.

Mm, well I have 2ex, and inpulsa's (1ex) or shroud (2ex) are affordable...but i'm using arc in a shaper helmet so i suppose shroud isn't quite as useful at this stage. Inpulsa's could be fun though.

Edit: Does inpulsa's shock/kill/explode mechanic work with mines? It would seem it doesn't - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2148343/page/2 (first post on page).
Last edited by Parhelius on Sep 11, 2019, 4:40:05 PM
"
Parhelius wrote:

Edit: Does inpulsa's shock/kill/explode mechanic work with mines? It would seem it doesn't - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2148343/page/2 (first post on page).

AFAIK it doesn't
Last edited by Lulloser on Sep 11, 2019, 8:47:06 PM
"
Lulloser wrote:
"
Parhelius wrote:

AFAIK it doesn't

Yeah, rip. Shroud of the Lightless looks like a potential option then for a 5L arc in the chest instead of in a shaper helmet, and then the single target dps option (ice spear mine or lightning trap?) in a shaper helmet with something.

Uber Elder done. Now, i am looking any upgrade for survivability to run deep mine but have no idea. dps is enough and shocking with every monster but still some crits can kill me easily.

Btw although it seems some nerfed nodes appeared to this build, it still so powerful even with little investments.
Last edited by sondertg on Sep 14, 2019, 1:02:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info