[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Low_Flex wrote:
actually did kitava act 5 without any issues atm, now at act 6, I see how powerful arc mines is, but survivability feels bad anyway, I've cap of resistances but each hit feels so hard actually, my previous char was sunder glad and they're not comparable in terms of survivability tho

Yeah, I was thinking the same while leveling.
When I was using Gladiator Sunder was easy peasy, with this build I had issues (was my first time playing a mine character, I don't always play this game).
But when I went to maps and fought against Atziri and almost oneshoted her with 0 items, I said: holy crap.

So thank you for this guide sir, you helped a noob like me to be happy although I changed stuff to fit my playstyle.
;D
"
SuddenOcade wrote:
Hey, thanks for the guide, earlier you said this

"
The difference is mines are faster for clear and very similar in damage to traps.

Can you explain a little bit more in-depth why mines are faster for clear? I'm playing arc traps atm (already 83) and wondering I should go for mines.

I'm a noob but in my head it made more sense to use traps if you use Lightning Spire Trap anyway.

Mines are faster for clear because you place them fast and can instantly detonate, whereas traps you have to throw, wait for them to travel to pack, wait for them to be triggered, and then they cast.

With the few extra trap damage nodes you are getting while going traps you will do a little bit extra damage with lightning spire, but most nodes that you pick up for mines also have trap damage in them as well.
"
manasuke wrote:
Any suggest unique item for leveling? Act5 and still using rare wand pick on act1

Rare wands and sceptres are pretty dam good for leveling but you can try shade of lunaris wand.
"
crispyexcal wrote:
Any thoughts on an Atziri's Foible for the build?

Extremely good and makes you super tanky.

I would use it if you don't have resistance problems and want to be even more tanky because you are sacrificing damage from a would be rare amulet with crit multi/spell damage
Nice build, nice guide. I begin with almost nothing (just goldrim and wanderlust), now i'm lv88 and do uber lab, do t13 map (have no higher map, just keep exlporing), mine 200 and on going.
Thanks
This is great I can't really decide between this and a summoner for betrayal. I have two requests, perfectly fine if you're too busy to do either of them.

1)
I really appreciate the written leveling guide but could you post a simple condensed list of leveling gems (and when you get them/when you change them), something like:

Gloves Slot: (R/R/R/R)
Anything with an armour base and +20 Dex, +50 Life & +60 to Dual or Tri-Resistances
L5 - Chance to Bleed (R)
L8 – Maim (R)
L18 - Melee Phys Damage(R)
L28 – Ancestral Warchief (R)

Or even better (imo) something like:

Level 1 :
Frost Blades + Onslaught Support + Lesser Poison
Vaal Blight

Level 8 :
Frost Blades + Onslaught Support + Lesser Poison + Unbound Ailments

Level 10 :
Spell Totem + Wither
Whriling Blades

Level 12 :
Lacerate + Onslaught Support + Lesser Poison + Unbound Ailments

These are just two examples that I really found useful in other guides, please use whatever formatting fits your style. I just find something condensed that I can alt-tab quickly back and forth from at league start makes a world of difference, especially when they include all current skills/links and when new gems are added rather than just the main skill. I'm not against reading, it's just a bit difficult when you're trying to go fast (at least as fast as I can go as a beginner anyway :)

2)
This one is very simple and all you might have time for: Please come back after patch notes/pob release and before league start and give us your opinion on what might be different with this build for betrayal.

Thanks for your guide!
Last edited by term on Nov 27, 2018, 3:03:16 PM
"
term wrote:
This is great I can't really decide between this and a summoner for betrayal. I have two requests, perfectly fine if you're too busy to do either of them.

1)
I really appreciate the written leveling guide but could you post a simple condensed list of leveling gems (and when you get them/when you change them), something like:

Gloves Slot: (R/R/R/R)
Anything with an armour base and +20 Dex, +50 Life & +60 to Dual or Tri-Resistances
L5 - Chance to Bleed (R)
L8 – Maim (R)
L18 - Melee Phys Damage(R)
L28 – Ancestral Warchief (R)

Or even better (imo) something like:

Level 1 :
Frost Blades + Onslaught Support + Lesser Poison
Vaal Blight

Level 8 :
Frost Blades + Onslaught Support + Lesser Poison + Unbound Ailments

Level 10 :
Spell Totem + Wither
Whriling Blades

Level 12 :
Lacerate + Onslaught Support + Lesser Poison + Unbound Ailments

These are just two examples that I really found useful in other guides, please use whatever formatting fits your style. I just find something condensed that I can alt-tab quickly back and forth from at league start makes a world of difference, especially when they include all current skills/links and when new gems are added rather than just the main skill. I'm not against reading, it's just a bit difficult when you're trying to go fast (at least as fast as I can go as a beginner anyway :)

2)
This one is very simple and all you might have time for: Please come back after patch notes/pob release and before league start and give us your opinion on what might be different with this build for betrayal.

Thanks for your guide!

Thanks for your feedback!

I will definitely add the condensed leveling gems part that's a good idea thank you.

2) I'm going to update the guide as SOON as patch notes drop don't worry.
Thanks for the guide. I've never played a mine char, so this is helpful.

One minor thing - you might want to check a few of the directions in the levelling section.

For example, in Act5, you say "Head to the Ascent, which is the very Western point of the act 4 town" ... it's in the very Eastern point.
(I don't know if it's just me, but I usually find the docks in the top left of the Battlefront, not the top right.)

Still ... good guide! I may try this playstyle in Betrayal - thanks!
Could we get a quick guide on what you use to level before you scan switch to arc mine and when is the best time to do so?
Thanks for build, I'm going to play next league but won't have time to farm a lot of currency so wanted to find something cheap, fun and strong.

It would be great if you could write some suggested unique leveling gear.
It is often a lot easier to buy some unique for 1-2 alch then check all rares for something more useful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info