[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
how exactly does the smoke mine/spell totem set up work? I read the gem section of the guide but when I try it, it doesn't seem to work properly.

I put down mines, then put down the totem, the mines blow up near enemies but i don't gain any kind of movement speed gain. Maybe i'm just retarded but I tried it many different ways and couldn't get the smoke mine to go off.

Also, if I get a jewel or weapon with added cold damage to spells, can i drop the added cold damage in the 6 link or will that not shatter corpses?

actually, smoke mine is not a part of spell totem setup. we put in there for increased duration. increased duration both increases smoke mine and totem time/live. you have to drop smoke mine and detonate mine by manual. main purpose of this setup is you dont have to detonate your arc mines by manual. you can test it in monster area, not in your hideout.
"
wojnar90 wrote:
Uber Atziri and Vaal Temple done with this build.
24 Challenges done.

One of the best builds to start new league.

Here's my gear:
Spoiler

I'm using 2 flasks to sustain longer fights because that shimmeron degen may hurt my mana.

Only problem I had was with Uber Elder, maybe because I've never did it earlier.

Now I'm thinking about new char with some fun build, like Poet's Pen.

What Pantheon are you using to mitigate the damage from dual shimmerons?
Havent played in a few years, so some questions:
- Why not 2x weapon? Stats seem to outclass shield by a lot
- If we do use shield, would shield charge not be better than flame dash? Or is that no longer true?
"
Vordaa wrote:
Havent played in a few years, so some questions:
- Why not 2x weapon? Stats seem to outclass shield by a lot
- If we do use shield, would shield charge not be better than flame dash? Or is that no longer true?

stat sticks are updated. if you want to and your pob says higher stats; you can dual wield.

flame dash gives us arcane surge which gives inc spell dmg and cast speed. you can use shield charge but remember, shield charge can't go through obstacles when flame dash can.
"
Edeka wrote:
"
wojnar90 wrote:
24 Challenges done.

Here's my gear:
Spoiler

I'm using 2 flasks to sustain longer fights because that shimmeron degen may hurt my mana.

Only problem I had was with Uber Elder, maybe because I've never did it earlier.

I don't care about pantheon tbh. I was using just flasks to refill mana.

Now I've dropped 1 shimmeron and bought this beauty for 2ex:

This + second Shimmeron and it melts whole maps and bosses.
I die alot anyway because that Syndicate stuff is just OP in T11+ maps but normal stuff like Shaper or guardians is just fun to do.
Which items should I as a beginner invest in first and foremost?

"
Raxiio wrote:
Swapped from traps to this build and I feel like i'm doing no damage at all.. can someone take a look and see if I fucked something up? Would be appreciated!

https://pastebin.com/UHr1wqFd

Wait what? PoB says you are at 1+ million shaper-dps. This should absolutely melt everything.

I swapped some gems and a few jewels and got up to 2.3m dps!

I also used mines the wrong way so I fixed it :D
"
wojnar90 wrote:
"
Edeka wrote:
"
wojnar90 wrote:
24 Challenges done.

Here's my gear:
Spoiler

I don't care about pantheon tbh. I was using just flasks to refill mana.

Now I've dropped 1 shimmeron and bought this beauty for 2ex:

This + second Shimmeron and it melts whole maps and bosses.
I die alot anyway because that Syndicate stuff is just OP in T11+ maps but normal stuff like Shaper or guardians is just fun to do.

Thanks! This easily does the trick <3
Additional question: whats the power ranking of Arc gems? Vaal/non vaal, how important is 20 quality, rank 21, etc?
"

Additional question: whats the power ranking of Arc gems? Vaal/non vaal, how important is 20 quality, rank 21, etc?

The order is level 21 arc = 20 Vaal arc (assuming you remember to use it) >>> 23 quality of either.

Obviously since Incursion is in game you can get a 21/20 Vaal version. It should cost you around 2 ex.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info