[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

Uber Elder down! It was my first try ever, so I am very happy with only three deaths. Compared to my gear that I posted earlier I added different boots and flask for the fight:
Spoiler

I also have a new wand (essence crafted it myself)
Spoiler

100+ incr. damage and 169 crit is just a beast.

If you want to try, make sure to not go in blind, otherwise you don't stand a chance. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if someone more experienced can do it deathless fairly easily with this build.

@wojnar90 also did uber-atziri and vaal temple (got the full 159/159), but you have me beat with the number of challenges.

@Chaavy sorry, I misread gems as jewels! For Clear mind: yes indeed, you turn off Clarity. If this is a good idea depends on your manaregen and on whether you use Lavianga's Spirit.
Phase run is great, but a detonation will end phase run immediately. Possible other options for remaining gem slots are vaal grace/vaal rf/bear trap (enemies in bear trap take increased damage from mines and traps)/portal/golem/decay totem really up to you. Or you just lvl gems to sell/corrupt later.
how exactly does the smoke mine/spell totem set up work? I read the gem section of the guide but when I try it, it doesn't seem to work properly.

I put down mines, then put down the totem, the mines blow up near enemies but i don't gain any kind of movement speed gain. Maybe i'm just retarded but I tried it many different ways and couldn't get the smoke mine to go off.

Also, if I get a jewel or weapon with added cold damage to spells, can i drop the added cold damage in the 6 link or will that not shatter corpses?
Last edited by GROJCHAMP on Dec 15, 2018, 9:38:46 PM
When do I use lightning spire and when do i use arc?

Sorry, I am a noob

Is there a reason to have arc and spire at the same time?
"
how exactly does the smoke mine/spell totem set up work? I read the gem section of the guide but when I try it, it doesn't seem to work properly.

That link setup is meant for spell totem detonate mines for your arc totems. Not the Smoke Mine. Smoke Mine is just something you can drop and detonate on your own if you want a decently long movement speed boost, it's pretty much like having a 2nd quicksilver. Although, most people have moved on to self casting phase run because it has a pretty good amount of uptime and plus... phasing is OP.
"
z32019912 wrote:

Sorry, I am a noob

I was going to ask the same question. Anyone can clarify?
Swapped from traps to this build and I feel like i'm doing no damage at all.. can someone take a look and see if I fucked something up? Would be appreciated!

https://pastebin.com/UHr1wqFd
"
chochom wrote:
Uber Elder down! It was my first try ever, so I am very happy with only three deaths. Compared to my gear that I posted earlier I added different boots and flask for the fight:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Which essence did you use to get that crit chance and how much did it cost you? I wanted to craft good wand myself and this seems just great.
"
z32019912 wrote:

Sorry, I am a noob

You almost exclusively use arc. lightning spire has a long cooldown and thus cannot be used as your main ability. It is for extra damage versus bosses.

"
Raxiio wrote:
Swapped from traps to this build and I feel like i'm doing no damage at all.. can someone take a look and see if I fucked something up? Would be appreciated!

https://pastebin.com/UHr1wqFd

Wait what? PoB says you are at 1+ million shaper-dps. This should absolutely melt everything.

"
Cyterizz wrote:
What are some good leveling uniques? I wanna play this

Actually, this is so good at leveling without twink gear that SSF-speedrunners use this type of build. But if you want it even smoother, you get your typical goldrim and tabula rasa. Add atziri's foible/praxis for mana. Wanderlust and lifesprig are great early on, too.
"
sp3d2 wrote:
"
z32019912 wrote:

Sorry, I am a noob

I was going to ask the same question. Anyone can clarify?

lightning spire setup is for single targets like bosses, heavy beasts etc. lightning spire attacking in small area with bolts so it makes it more efficient than arc on single target. because we have to detonate arc mines but lightning spire is a trap which detonates on enemy step.
"
Rackham_ wrote:
"
chochom wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Which essence did you use to get that crit chance and how much did it cost you? I wanted to craft good wand myself and this seems just great.

The best essence for this build is scorn. shrieking of scorn is about 5c each. (crit chance on wand, crit multi on amulet) Another option however is torment for added lightning to spells. This one is cheaper. I think I used about 15 shrieking of scorn and got two good wands out of it, but nothing completely insane.

You should also note though that this is high ilvl shaper wand (cost 7c). Otherwise you cannot get the additional crit-roll (or additional spell-dmg rolls or lightning penetration). Furthermore, fossil crafting might be a good alternative, has anybody tried this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info