And I died again ...

I'll give you that OP isn't the brightest man in the world (and if you look at his build you'll see that except for the tankyness, it's shit ; no wonder he has issue with damages). But even if he doesn't know how penetration works, his 121% res are still relevant to the subject because they tell us that even cursed he his capped in fire res.

OP didn't backpedaled at all. From the beginning he stated that he tried to get out of range AND appeared to be out of range when he died.

I agree, OP's case isn't relevant to the xp loss debate. It's more of a balancing or bug issue.

We're not supposed to tank fully charged flameblast, but with such a high eHP pool, in a T9, no damage modes, you can.
"
Mmimich wrote:

OP didn't backpedaled at all.

"
Oramin wrote:
Robmafia:

It does make one a bully to engage in name-calling and misrepresentation to make a point (see also: Donald J. Trump):

"

it's another to literally blame ggg for some genius standing in a flameblast/cold snap

1. While I might have been "in" the Flameblast, I was not "standing in" the Flameblast. In fact, as I've said, I was trying to get out of the Flameblast and thought I was out of the Flameblast.

11 pages. people will argue incessantly when they can't even be bothered to read what they're arguing about.

"
Mmimich wrote:
his 121% res are still relevant to the subject because they tell us that even cursed he his capped in fire res.

*facepalm*

you explained why it's NOT relevant. it's IRrelevant. because the only possible relevant number now is the max res...
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Nov 21, 2018, 12:36:03 AM
"
robmafia wrote:
willful ignorance is 100% the fault/responsibility of the one adhering to it.

if someone wants to be offended by logic/facts/help, it's only on that person. no one owes one anything, especially other people who play a video game.

In other words, "There is nothing wrong with my advice or the way I deliver it. Those who object to it and accuse me of being rude are at fault, because they are too easily offended." I.e., you are a victim of the oversensitivity of others.

Take some personal responsibility for your own actions, robmafia. You are not a victim.

No matter how you choose to spin it (and the effort you put forth to spin it is impressive), the censure you have received from the community and from GGG for your attitude is entirely justified.

Edit:
Here's a concrete piece of advice for you: Using *facepalm* in multiple posts doesn't make your arguments more compelling. It has the exact opposite effect. It is a perfect example of the "inferior communication" I talked about earlier.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Nov 21, 2018, 12:52:43 AM
"
robmafia wrote:

"
Oramin wrote:
Robmafia:

It does make one a bully to engage in name-calling and misrepresentation to make a point (see also: Donald J. Trump):

"

it's another to literally blame ggg for some genius standing in a flameblast/cold snap

1. While I might have been "in" the Flameblast, I was not "standing in" the Flameblast. In fact, as I've said, I was trying to get out of the Flameblast and thought I was out of the Flameblast.

11 pages. people will argue incessantly when they can't even be bothered to read what they're arguing about.

What he's saying is that he was indeed in the flameblast since he took the damage but tried to get out and appeared to be out of it. Make an effort.

"
robmafia wrote:

"
Mmimich wrote:
his 121% res are still relevant to the subject because they tell us that even cursed he his capped in fire res.

*facepalm*

you explained why it's NOT relevant. it's IRrelevant. because the only possible relevant number now is the max res...

Man, if he only stated his max fire res, how would we have known that he'd be capped even with a curse on his head. It is relevant.

Get out of your bubble ; try to understand what others are writing. You won't be able to call yourself a man of logic if you can't understand and answer to others arguments.
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:

if someone wants to be offended by logic/facts/help, it's only on that person. no one owes one anything, especially other people who play a video game.

In other words, "There is nothing wrong with my advice or the way I deliver it. Those who object to it and accuse me of being rude are at fault, because they are too easily offended." I.e., you are a victim of the oversensitivity of others.

Take some personal responsibility for your own actions, robmafia. You are not a victim.

No matter how you choose to spin it (and the effort you put forth to spin it is impressive), the censure you have received from the community and from GGG for your attitude is entirely justified.

Edit:
Here's a concrete piece of advice for you: Using *facepalm* in multiple posts doesn't make your arguments more compelling. It has the exact opposite effect. It is a perfect example of the "inferior communication" I talked about earlier.

wtf?

when did i say or imply i'm a victim? hahaha
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

"
Mmimich wrote:

What he's saying is that he was indeed in the flameblast since he took the damage but tried to get out and appeared to be out of it. Make an effort.

make an effort. he just said he was MOVING. as in, still moving. as in, not out of the blast range. OBVIOUSLY.

"
Mmimich wrote:
Man, if he only stated his max fire res, how would we have known that he'd be capped even with a curse on his head. It is relevant.

wrong. because he already admitted that he had no idea how it was calculated. my god. did you read ANY of the material you're (ineptly) trying to argue about?

"
Mmimich wrote:
Get out of your bubble ; try to understand what others are writing.

the irony is overwhelming.

"
Mmimich wrote:
You won't be able to call yourself a man of logic if you can't understand and answer to others arguments.

i understood and answered all of this 8-10 pages ago.

can you heed ANY of your advice?
[Removed by Support]

"
robmafia wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:

Edit:

wtf?

All the time. It's like a theme with you, man.
Wash your hands, Exile!
@Robmafia.

1.No i don't and Occam's razor does not apply here at all. Tbh i didn't even address you in my first 2 posts. You're "most likely scenario" is something you made up in your head, even though the OP states otherwise. Hence it is of no relevance. The questions here is, why does it bother you so much that (whatever caused the death outside of the FB) killed him and he made a post?

2.Never said they were the same thing, but they result in a similar result and the invisible Shaper slam was an example of that.
Stop overreacting to everything and trying to put words into my mouth, you know exactly what we're talking about here. All very logical. Calm yourself boi.

3.Nah you didn't explain anything, you just caps lock spammed and tried to shift the topic into semantics etc.

Dunno why some ppl feel like they need to insert themselves into every thread where people are criticizing the game and antagonize them. Like noone cares that you're better in PoE than some newbie. I don't go boasting to 97% of the playerbase, because i have more challenges than them for an example. There's better ways of responding to people, than to say "git gud".
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Nov 21, 2018, 2:15:42 AM
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:

wtf?

All the time. It's like a theme with you, man.

His signature :

"
i got a one-week ban for saying "thanks, captain obvious."
9/28/18 - one day ban for quoting someone.
10/12/18 - "hard concept, i know!" was censored. hahahaha, wtf?

Spoiler

Sorry for the off-topic, I could not help it.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 21, 2018, 2:02:42 AM
@Fruz - LMAO xD
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Nov 21, 2018, 2:16:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info