Paid for - Map Tab

"
sendantes wrote:
"
jack_aubrey wrote:
Perhaps this has been suggested already but a nice middle ground for Standard players would be to turn that current map tab into a remove-only tab once 3.5 hits.

that is a very good simple idea. easy to implement too. would be an absolutely correct thing to do as well.

Agreed. Make it so, GGG. :)
GGG - Why you no?
"
jack_aubrey wrote:
Perhaps this has been suggested already but a nice middle ground for Standard players would be to turn that current map tab into a remove-only tab once 3.5 hits.

i'm totally down with that. it makes the most sense.
Just stop playing Standard.
"
Aynix wrote:

No.

See how easy that was?

The majority of Grinding Gear's playerbase, if not their spending base, plays Standard. leagues are the high-profile things, but most given newbies come in, play whatever league is active when they start, then never bother with a new league again. 'Dumpster league' comments don't help fuggoff anything. Not everybody is prepared to flush their entire account, delete PoE and start over fresh every other week.
"
Aynix wrote:

In your dreams buddy!

/dreaming
"
1453R wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Numerous posts of 'Just spend more money!'

And when they do it again in six months?

And six months after that?

Map tabs were supposed to make mapping easier. They were supposed to be a great way to take the edge off and simplify keeping large numbers and broad selections of map for the Atlas system, which strongly benefits those able to keep both a deep and broad map base in stock.

Every time Grinding Gear changes map types and invalidates the old maps, it requires you to either throw away what could have been a significant monetary investment or an even more significant time investment in building your map base, or it requires you to spend another fifteen dollars on a map tab you have already purchased. Regardless of whether you believe it to be a trivial expense, regardless of whether you believe people are being cheap, the reality is that no other 'Specialty' tab in the game requires you to regularly purge it and throw away everything stored in it every other expansion the way map tabs are shaping up to do.

That is disingenuous and it does not feel good. People who are upset are going to be upset regardless of whether other people believe they have a right to be or not, and a business that wants to keep making money - especially after selling themselves to Chinese EA and losing a huge chunk of their built-up trust and goodwill in the doing - would be well advised to do something about widespread upset-ness.

I do not like the fact that I have to empty my Standard map tab completely, throw away all the maps I've built up AGAIN, if I want to benefit from my map tab purchase, especially as the map tab is very expensive in terms of storage upgrades. Could I free up fifteen bucks every six/four/three/point-five months to get a new map tab every time Grinding Gear feels like flipping the tables on us? Provided I wanted to continue to give shitpiles of unearned money to Tencent, yes. I could do that.

Should I have to? No. Should I feel like I'm losing access to/value from my existing purchases if I don't? No. Does Grinding Gear need to figure out a solution for this issue other than invalidating everyone's collected maps every single fucking time they feel like tweaking the endgame system some?

Yes. Yes they do. When they're charging us for map tabs, they're kinda obligated to allow us to keep using them properly, the way they were intended, rather than forcing us to buy a new map tab every other week because somebody wanted to flush the Atlas for the ~35 guys hitting five-digit playtime.

Are you saying you're not getting $12 worth of value from this game every 6 months? Pretty sure I am, but you do you.
"

it's not something unique either since that's what happens after new/voided leagues end. even if maps' ingame file ids change, you can still easily code it to look for displayed map name/tier. if it ain't an obvious cashgrab, i dunno what is since it says "can hold 72 of each map type". the key word - each so only name matters (at least, apparently)

"
Are you saying you're not getting $12 worth of value from this game every 6 months? Pretty sure I am, but you do you.

good for you. i personally play regularly but with like 2 months break time when im too busy, soooo what then? either way people are being forced to pay moneyz and that ain't a good practice.
Last edited by Kreaper_669 on Nov 14, 2018, 4:06:30 PM
"
1453R wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Numerous posts of 'Just spend more money!'

And when they do it again in six months?

I will spend some money. I don't go through life trying to be as cheap as possible. I don't pretend that any company owes me anything for free.

I enjoy this game and in return I spend some money on it. If any particular thing they sell is not appealing to me, then I will not buy it.

I most certainly not cry about it and insist they either give it to me for free or change how it is designed.
Wish the current map tab would hold all the maps old and new up to 5k like currency, now with the new map's coming out looks like im gonna have to buy a new map tab...BS
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
Just throw out the old maps. No one is going to want them. You're not going to run them. They'll just take up space. Your tab isn't losing functionality... you're just not willing to use it. It stores one series of maps. If you want to save two series, you'll have to buy two tabs. It was never any different.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info