Paid for - Map Tab

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Not going to happen.

Maybe not but won´t support these changes with $ then.
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 14, 2018, 11:41:23 AM
So they lose... nothing?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
So they lose... nothing?

Nothing less than customer´s support which is their income.
It does suck, the number of 'special' tabs and non-stackable items is becoming pretty stupid. No doubt it is intentional. Still waiting for the fossil tab announcement.

I have map tabs & over a dozen normal tabs full of maps from various version, so I get it. But realistically, there just isn't any real need to have so many. they over sustain by design.

It's the price we pay for hoarding.
i think it is important to differentiate when something is a good change/improvement whatever vs a pointless one that is clearly intended to soak up extra cash.

i have modestly invested in this game. i have only played 2 leagues, so league content isnt necessarily imperative to me. nor do i think the changes made to game are good all the time. I have about 19 total tabs and i have a currency tab map stash tab essence tab divination tab. i do not have a fragment tab as i have decided that tab is a waste of money as i do not run atziri all that much.

so i acquire additional game life improvements when they make sense.
when the map stash tab was initially introduced i was so relieved. jsut as when currency tab was.
however, for anyone to allege that there is anything altruistic or innocent in ggg's motives with constant revamping of the atlas is ignorant or disingenuous at best.
this game should absolutely have things available that allow it to support itself and to make a profit. like any other business. but like any other business when it engages in a shady practice, it deserves to be called out for it. you can be a huge fan of the game but still be critical of some of these manipulative cash grab decisions that take advantage of their customer base.

yes, I do not have to buy another tab. yes, I am not going to. but i have been buying up maps from zana that i intended to run in standard while playing delve league, after delve finished. and now i am going to have to worry about making stash space available (which is limited as is) when i start getting all these new maps that i cannot deposit into my map tab....
or i spend hours on end trying to rearrange and rid myself of all the old maps to make room for new.

yes, dropping 15 bucks would be the easy solution, but that solution is not as acceptable to some of us when we can clearly see the machinations behind this and feel manipulated towards this decision.

so, yes, it is a shitty manipulative business decision, but one they have a right to make and we as customers have a right to call them out for it.
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
Love POE. THink very highly of GGG, been around since CB. But I agree, this stash tab nonsense with an ever increasing amount of items is most definitely an intentional shenanigan.

Adding an entire stash tab of unique divination cards (just one example of many), then selling a tab designed to house these, is actually handicapping free players, which can clearly be seen as "pay for advantage".

Free players are absolutely NOT on equal ground anymore.

Cheers
GGG - Why you no?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Numerous posts of 'Just spend more money!'

And when they do it again in six months?

And six months after that?

Map tabs were supposed to make mapping easier. They were supposed to be a great way to take the edge off and simplify keeping large numbers and broad selections of map for the Atlas system, which strongly benefits those able to keep both a deep and broad map base in stock.

Every time Grinding Gear changes map types and invalidates the old maps, it requires you to either throw away what could have been a significant monetary investment or an even more significant time investment in building your map base, or it requires you to spend another fifteen dollars on a map tab you have already purchased. Regardless of whether you believe it to be a trivial expense, regardless of whether you believe people are being cheap, the reality is that no other 'Specialty' tab in the game requires you to regularly purge it and throw away everything stored in it every other expansion the way map tabs are shaping up to do.

That is disingenuous and it does not feel good. People who are upset are going to be upset regardless of whether other people believe they have a right to be or not, and a business that wants to keep making money - especially after selling themselves to Chinese EA and losing a huge chunk of their built-up trust and goodwill in the doing - would be well advised to do something about widespread upset-ness.

I do not like the fact that I have to empty my Standard map tab completely, throw away all the maps I've built up AGAIN, if I want to benefit from my map tab purchase, especially as the map tab is very expensive in terms of storage upgrades. Could I free up fifteen bucks every six/four/three/point-five months to get a new map tab every time Grinding Gear feels like flipping the tables on us? Provided I wanted to continue to give shitpiles of unearned money to Tencent, yes. I could do that.

Should I have to? No. Should I feel like I'm losing access to/value from my existing purchases if I don't? No. Does Grinding Gear need to figure out a solution for this issue other than invalidating everyone's collected maps every single fucking time they feel like tweaking the endgame system some?

Yes. Yes they do. When they're charging us for map tabs, they're kinda obligated to allow us to keep using them properly, the way they were intended, rather than forcing us to buy a new map tab every other week because somebody wanted to flush the Atlas for the ~35 guys hitting five-digit playtime.
"
Mischief67 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Buy a new tab. You're getting way more than $15 of fun out of this game.

You've been told already. Multiple times. I different threads. By different people.

No.

I already paid. I don't need to pay twice.
Then don't and stop crying. Sort your standard items and be done with it, problem solved.
Perhaps this has been suggested already but a nice middle ground for Standard players would be to turn that current map tab into a remove-only tab once 3.5 hits.
"
jack_aubrey wrote:
Perhaps this has been suggested already but a nice middle ground for Standard players would be to turn that current map tab into a remove-only tab once 3.5 hits.

that is a very good simple idea. easy to implement too. would be an absolutely correct thing to do as well.
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info