Private Leagues are now Live!

"
Miacova wrote:
I don't really have a guild. Just a few friends that play together. We enjoy the fresh economy of a new league that is ultimately jacked up within a month of launch. Still it's better than standard. All the same, I would like to put in my opinion on this new feature of private leagues, even if it falls on def ears landing on page 5.

What were you thinking launching this when the current league still has barely a month left? All you did was further mitigate the current player base. As if it wasn't hard enough to trade with people not wanting to leave a delve for a trade, now they have to decide to jump leagues? You might as well have run races like previous leagues.

Anyway, if I had 100+ players in my guild, I still wouldn't consider a private league with the variants currently available. Each option available makes everything more difficult and challenging.

Before all you 100+ hours a week die hards start flaming, I have 3 characters this league over level 90 and 200ex worth of gear, so I am not preaching about myself.

Think about the player who bought that L20/Q10 brick gem from you yesterday for 4c. You knew that was their first character this league, and you knew they were struggling to delve to level 200. Or worse, those of you who are still selling uber lab carries, and uber shaper/any boss kills. All the players you are selling those to do not need or want a more challenging experience. They need a pussy league where they can own everything and learn the game. Later they can opt in to more challenging leagues.

Consider options that make everything easier. You offer famine, why not offer feast? You offer less resistance, why not offer more resistance? You offer increased monster difficulty, why not offer less life and damage?

It will all scale in the end. Think about it this way: Consider the percentage of your player base that actually make it to end game content. How many are able to solo Shaper. How many are able to delve to level 3000. How many are able to afford builds that can achieve the above.

This is a chance for you to allow players to make their own path. To let them create their own league of overpowered gods. Give them the flexibility to go up or down as they see fit. Not everyone wants a challenge. Some may want to wipe the floor with godlike builds at delve level 6000. Also consider that your private leagues will be 1/1000th or less of the current league, so the economy will be almost non-existent for any private league.

After all, you are asking them to pay real money for this privilege. Let them do everything they want to do. It won't affect anyone but the players who partake in this private league.

You were noticed.

And the reason they don't do this are covered here - https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9u8v0p/discussion_private_leagues_player_expectations/

And I'll repeat what I said earlier -

"And for everyone saying they don't see the point of this, consider that this feature isn't for you.

And for everyone warning about how this will split the playerbase and hence threaten the game, note the aforementioned large number of people all saying they see no point in this.

This is a niche feature, neither mindblowingly awesome nor catastrophically bad."
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 11, 2018, 8:12:32 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:

You were noticed.

And the reason they don't do this are covered here - https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9u8v0p/discussion_private_leagues_player_expectations/

"And for everyone saying they don't see the point of this, consider that this feature isn't for you.

And for everyone warning about how this will split the playerbase and hence threaten the game, note the aforementioned large number of people all saying they see no point in this.

This is a niche feature, neither mindblowingly awesome nor catastrophically bad."

Fuck reddit. Information like this belongs on their OWN forum if it is legit, not something that reeks of unofficial. Thanks for sharing the post however - at least it provides SOME form of explanation.

Something like this should have accompanied the official announce on the GRINDING GEAR GAMES forum. Honestly, I can't even tell for sure if "ColinStyles" is official GGG or someone hyping up an unofficial opinion.

I mean seriously, official posts come from Bex or another GGG employee, this post on reddit just looks like speculation. Sorry, unconvinced.
Will BR server still be terrible?
"
Miacova wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

You were noticed.

Fuck reddit. Information like this belongs on their OWN forum if it is legit, not something that reeks of unofficial. Thanks for sharing the post however - at least it provides SOME form of explanation.

Something like this should have accompanied the official announce on the GRINDING GEAR GAMES forum. Honestly, I can't even tell for sure if "ColinStyles" is official GGG or someone hyping up an unofficial opinion.

I mean seriously, official posts come from Bex or another GGG employee, this post on reddit just looks like speculation. Sorry, unconvinced.

Chris concurred with that post. It's like the top comment there...
I'd love a no unique drop league with increased drop rate of crafting currencies, wish this had more fun mods.
LEGALIZE TOUCAINE
Well I've been waiting for it for a long time, but hooray, it's finally here. And now to wait for enough improvements so it's actually worth using. These mods are so bland, so please don't take any lack of interest in the current system as an indication that it's not worth improving. But right now? Yawn.
Or an only unique league with significant increase in drop rate of chance orbs and white items, but decreased drop rate of the higher currencies. You can have a +/- system for the more fun mods so people wouldn't feel cheated.
"
Wazz72 wrote:

Decently done GGG, now put some fun/legacy options and void the league if those are selected, and I'll be in.

This. One of the main reasons I would play a private league is some crazy combination of past leagues...that would be amazing. Removing that ability really kills this feature. Let them go to void league, I delete anything that ends up in the standard leagues anyway so it might as well be void as it is.
That's not the reason we play PoE
but I can see why u make such leagues
hf everyone!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info