Private Leagues are now Live!

"
cgexile wrote:
I don't understand it either.

This game is not easy. If you think it's easy you are probably in the top .01% and this feature appears to be who that's for. .01% requested this and so GGG delivered, but sending a message that this game is easy is pretty fucking misleading. I played with a friend for 3 or 4 years and he has yet to take on Shaper without getting carried; never mind Uber Elder or Uber Atziri. I mean if you think twilight strand is easy, OK sure, but if you are saying end-game is easy, that is so full of shit especially if you are a solo player that has no team to support you through all the content this game has to offer. I won't name names but if you look at a few of the streamers that think they are hot shit, look at how they start the league. They start it with a sizable team to help them get going and then they solo after they are all geared up. After that they proceed to offer expert advice on builds and game play. What a joke. If there is a new boss, they bring in one or 2 experienced guardians to help them through the new encounters. Other streamers say the game is easy but all they do is drive to 100 in underground sea all day and night but never engage in end-game boss fights. Yeah I guess if you do that it's pretty f'n easy. Also a big joke. And last but not least, 99% of your player base is not a bunch of Mathils running around killing Uber Elder deathless on a 5L. He is incredibly skilled and it's pretty silly to listen to arm-chair commandos who haven't done said fights or content themselves crying "see this game is ez!" after they see him play. This half of the rationale behind the need for this feature is pretty fucking stupid. The other half which is for the temporary difficulty rape (fun?) factor I can understand, sure. Some people like to bite down and take it in the.... .... once in a while.

I agree with a lot you say here and I've watched those streamers and they make it look so damn easy but I get it, they are very skilled players, I feel sorry for the new players coming on board. I've followed several of those streamers and followed their builds only to get wrecked in maps and delve. The one shot mechanics frustrate the hell out of me.

There are other games coming out like you mentioned and god help them if Lost Ark comes to the West. That game could be the PoE killer and it looks amazing, just watch ZiggyD's video on it. For those who keep saying, then this game isn't for you, is very arrogant of you.

Oh, and look at the Elite gamer's playing, they are the ones responsible for PoE changing the way the game is played i.e. reaching lvl 100 or crying that the game is too easy etc etc. Sometimes they should just leave enough alone. Just my two cents.
please make cutthroat mod(pvp) in the future.
Dont be toxic, this is ggg's right to propose this, if you aren't happy with it: play others games like Grim Dawn or Fallout 76.

The only thing to be "affraid" of is that, progressively, private league become attractive, with juicy loot, adding new exclusive mods or unique awesome features.

This is what happened for some nerfs; the changes got dispatched on 1 year. So wait and see...

Ok, as a player who was always interested in POE but, never got into it because of the difficulty curve, (it did not ramp up for me fast enough). It seems with private leagues I would be to create a difficulty experience that fits me.

The other thing that has put me off was the whole speed meta and exploding screens of monsters. Not a fan of that, I prefer a more slow paced punishing dungeon crawl experience, which I loved in the early Beta.
POE choose a different direction which is fine, it was just not for me, but I always did respect the game.

So with private leagues my interest is peaked. However I want more options for starters :

- adjustable drop rates,
- adjustable movement/attack penalties, or some form of caps
- adjustable vendor prices
- more enemy options, additional mods, increased elites, etc.

So yeah to be hones I am really interested in this. Will be keeping a close eye on this.
"
ratinfel wrote:
"
cgexile wrote:
I don't understand it either.

This game is not easy. If you think it's easy you are probably in the top .01% and this feature appears to be who that's for. .01% requested this and so GGG delivered, but sending a message that this game is easy is pretty fucking misleading. I played with a friend for 3 or 4 years and he has yet to take on Shaper without getting carried; never mind Uber Elder or Uber Atziri. I mean if you think twilight strand is easy, OK sure, but if you are saying end-game is easy, that is so full of shit especially if you are a solo player that has no team to support you through all the content this game has to offer. I won't name names but if you look at a few of the streamers that think they are hot shit, look at how they start the league. They start it with a sizable team to help them get going and then they solo after they are all geared up. After that they proceed to offer expert advice on builds and game play. What a joke. If there is a new boss, they bring in one or 2 experienced guardians to help them through the new encounters. Other streamers say the game is easy but all they do is drive to 100 in underground sea all day and night but never engage in end-game boss fights. Yeah I guess if you do that it's pretty f'n easy. Also a big joke. And last but not least, 99% of your player base is not a bunch of Mathils running around killing Uber Elder deathless on a 5L. He is incredibly skilled and it's pretty silly to listen to arm-chair commandos who haven't done said fights or content themselves crying "see this game is ez!" after they see him play. This half of the rationale behind the need for this feature is pretty fucking stupid. The other half which is for the temporary difficulty rape (fun?) factor I can understand, sure. Some people like to bite down and take it in the.... .... once in a while.

I agree with a lot you say here and I've watched those streamers and they make it look so damn easy but I get it, they are very skilled players, I feel sorry for the new players coming on board. I've followed several of those streamers and followed their builds only to get wrecked in maps and delve. The one shot mechanics frustrate the hell out of me.

There are other games coming out like you mentioned and god help them if Lost Ark comes to the West. That game could be the PoE killer and it looks amazing, just watch ZiggyD's video on it. For those who keep saying, then this game isn't for you, is very arrogant of you.

Oh, and look at the Elite gamer's playing, they are the ones responsible for PoE changing the way the game is played i.e. reaching lvl 100 or crying that the game is too easy etc etc. Sometimes they should just leave enough alone. Just my two cents.

Yeah a work mate of mine says that PoE is easy...he copies the best build of the league and says that that makes it easy...yet whenever i play with him, he dies quite often..
To me the saddest thing is that you can play pretty much any build on act 1-4, but almost all are either terrible or at best not efficient later on. And also the fact that you are required to get at least 200% HP from nodes, makes talents a lot less interesting. Maybe they should make it like Titan Quest/Grim Dawn, get stat points AND talents when you level up, to make sure that talents remain interesting and present a real choice...
btw, is it allowed to pay items for an invite or something like that?
step-1: Create a private league
step-2: Do labs everyday
step-3: get: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Emperor%27s_Mastery item
step-4 ???
step-5 profit
Last edited by gruumine on Nov 12, 2018, 7:56:42 PM
GGG, will we be able to create Private Leagues before new leagues start, like 3.5.0 in December?

It takes a while to crowdfund and ideally I'd like 48 hours to organise my guild so I'm not doing it while a new league has already commenced.
IGN: deefa • Guild: <ACE> Alpha Crucis Exiles - poeurl.com/wpA • Discord: deefa#3298
really private league for money that sucks becoz u have to pay for it in order to play
> POE use to be free to play and if u cant join any league becoz u are solo player or just want to play for some time not for long team like 10-7 days then that sucks
>if u cant or dont want to pay to play private league but still want to play then either host of private league let u play for free and dont mind or for fan base
>so i am against this private league although i love POE i have been old player of POE since 2008 when it first came
>i hope POE Is not pay to play then this is not free to play and that suck
I was imagining more options to the game other than a straight increase in difficulty.

Adding the option to have old boss mechanics added back in (like act1) having droprates tweaked so we can play more like D2 (boss rush and not worry about too much about the trash mobs) and adding in older league mechanics like having flashback.

Honestly part of why I'm getting bored I think is because in the new leagues there's so few league mechanics that it doesn't spice things up.

I don't have any difficulty spikes to get through until the last act and there's no good places to farm because droprates on uniques are so poor.

Went back and played D2 recently, there will never be another high grossing game like it because as we see here the clearspeed mechanic is what brings players into the game, not the bossrush or dungeoncrawler that was d2.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info