Resources for New Players and Super Stash Sale

"
necrochicken wrote:
No it's not. Game devs make the fairest free to play model on the market, have free cosmetics every league and someone has to moan for more free stuff. Why don't they give you a new computer to play it on while they are at it. Perhaps Chris can send some of the community team around to clean your house...all free of charge of course wouldn't want you having to pay for anything ever.

Sounds good; please arrange this for me...FOR FREE!
Saved
Good thing, but you should make sure this post is accessible in-game, or at least a suggestion after a character is created, or even before.

I ain't sure a lot of newbies will actually come to the forum to check this post if they don't know it actually exists.
Welcome former Diablo players and all new players u are Exiles now, Wraeclast welcomes u, if u have further questions use the mentioned sources, and feel free to ask me per pm if u have questions i can answer, i'm willing to do this happily :)

So have fun guys see u ingame.
I already bought a bunch of stash tabs on PC, will there be a way to link accounts on PS4 when that launches?
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
Looking forward to expansion news next week. But really hope there will be improvements to challenge requirements. The existing requirements seriously burns out long time players.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I really think this should have explicit links to new player friendly builds.

While I personally advise people to just go it their own way (knowing that this will result in their first character being dumpster tier), there are people that already know they don't want to play the game that way.

Le Toucan Will Return
Brutal. Savage. Rekt.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
Brutal. Savage. Rekt.

absolutely taken down.
Pay stash tabs are pay to win. They improve your ability to trade. Argument concluded.

Having said that, this model is the best that's possible so long as copyright exists. Poe without stash tabs is a demo, but a very very generous one.

Prices on mtx need to come down also. These things are incredibly expensive in terms of euros and dollars. Multiplied several times in some areas of the world.

It's nothing but greedy now that tencent owns 80%. But again, having said that, I frankly doubt GGG even has command of the prices anymore.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
"
Otorez wrote:
Good thing, but you should make sure this post is accessible in-game, or at least a suggestion after a character is created, or even before.

I ain't sure a lot of newbies will actually come to the forum to check this post if they don't know it actually exists.

I agree.

Or better yet, improve the intuitive in-game affordances which are part of any good design.

Make damage less spikey so that players actually see their life pool dropping more often without dying and are thereby encouraged to invest in life nodes more. (And at the very least, you should be talking about the importance of life nodes in your tutorial.)

Give out items as quest rewards that actually teach players recipes (an RGB item, or 3 worthless quality armor pieces whose quality add up to 40, with an accompanying instruction to try selling them).

Figure out how to convey the actual benefits (and pitfalls) of armor and evasion, or at the very least include this information in your tutorial!

Remove noobtraps, both in the tree and in your active skill gem selection. You started on this, but you've barely scratched the surface so far. If players can immediately lose merely by choosing the wrong active skill gem (which is represented to be a primary offensive skill), then clearly you have done something wrong.

Et cetera.

The above suggestions all point to rudimentary and necessary knowledge. Not advanced mechanics nor mechanical interactions. Good game design teaches players these things WHILE they play. It doesn't shift the burden onto online guide contributors, nor force players to leave the confines of the game in order to learn its basics.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Nov 8, 2018, 11:17:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info