Resources for New Players and Super Stash Sale

Who want this game for free and continue playing for free don't buy nothing is free to join and test it, is free to play, free until the end of the game and beyond but no one in this world is working for free.
Example: When u must buy food you say you will pay tomorrow? Hm!?

You can join for free and play for free but if you like it the people that working on this game will gladly improve the game because they work to get better and because they want you to stay.

Welcome to all new players, i recommend standard server me and more players will be there to give away items and more for the new players to make more nice the welcome to wraeclast and hope many will stay with us, we will teach you to survive.

And yes first 💲buy premium stash tabs!☑️ 👀
Last edited by x4linx on Nov 11, 2018, 5:35:56 PM
"
MDKepner wrote:
"
Kamahl wrote:
CEO of Nintendo, Shuntaro Furukawa, doesn't agree this is a freetoplay game, he says is only freetostart. He says this business model is a cash grab and Nintendo doesn't support it.
I think this highly successful bussiness man knows a thing or two about the industry and I won't take the word of some scrubs over his.

It's not about if it is the fairest, being the best of something that is wrong doess't make it good.

Wait the games not free to play? Like I literally have to pay money to play it? Where's this bill then cause I've put in hundreds of hours and never spent a dime to play.

Somebody better DM me cause I'm not gonna log in if I gotta pay...

/sarcasm

According to your argument, freemium as a category of games does not exist.

I hope you weren't actually trying to convince anyone of your point of view.

Wash your hands, Exile!
Firstly, thank you for great work and passion! We have big respect for you guys and girls as game developers! It actually saddens me a lot what Blizzard has done to Diablo, healthy competition is always a great motivation for being stronger and better.
To the point:
PoE should have a reasonable influx of new players in upcoming months. As someone already mentioned, please reward new players with one premium stash tab (or upgrade one of the existing tabs to premium) upon the first completion of the main story (right after beating Kitava in act 10). This will bring so much value and sense of accomplishment to the story finale. But mainly it will be possible for new players to make a trade and be part of a great community. Even from a marketing point of view, you will give new and enthusiastic players a taste of what real money shop has to offer and get them to buy more stuff once they realize how great it is.

Please listen to this constructive feedback and consider it. We want this game to flourish and only get better!

Thank you.
"
Bettr wrote:
Firstly, thank you for great work and passion! We have big respect for you guys and girls as game developers! It actually saddens me a lot what Blizzard has done to Diablo, healthy competition is always a great motivation for being stronger and better.
To the point:
PoE should have a reasonable influx of new players in upcoming months. As someone already mentioned, please reward new players with one premium stash tab (or upgrade one of the existing tabs to premium) upon the first completion of the main story (right after beating Kitava in act 10). This will bring so much value and sense of accomplishment to the story finale. But mainly it will be possible for new players to make a trade and be part of a great community. Even from a marketing point of view, you will give new and enthusiastic players a taste of what real money shop has to offer and get them to buy more stuff once they realize how great it is.

Please listen to this constructive feedback and consider it. We want this game to flourish and only get better!

Thank you.

i'm sorry but i have to disagree with you man on the free Premium stash thing. Path of Exile is already one of the best ARPG ever, for me at least. And it's free to play ! You don't have to spend anything to get to play. And if you manage to defeat Kitava without any monney involved, i don't see why GGG should "reward" you with a Premium stash.
You want to get more involved in the game ? You should reward the studio with a little something.

I've been playing PoE since many years. I don't spend monney in that game every league because i want tabs or skins. I just want to be sure they keep beeing the awesome compagny they've been since the beginning, listening to the community, making better leagues each time and so on ...
I don't see why new players wouldn't have the same attitude.
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
MDKepner wrote:
"
Kamahl wrote:
CEO of Nintendo, Shuntaro Furukawa, doesn't agree this is a freetoplay game, he says is only freetostart. He says this business model is a cash grab and Nintendo doesn't support it.
I think this highly successful bussiness man knows a thing or two about the industry and I won't take the word of some scrubs over his.

It's not about if it is the fairest, being the best of something that is wrong doess't make it good.

Wait the games not free to play? Like I literally have to pay money to play it? Where's this bill then cause I've put in hundreds of hours and never spent a dime to play.

/sarcasm

I honestly just love making fun of everyone in the "PoE isn't F2P" crowd. I didn't even bring up Freemium, or the concept of it. I was simply pointing out that the game ins't free to start, and being sarcastic about it. And then you come along feeling like your opinion is threatened, and some how I'm the one threatening it, and insisting that I'm trying to convince people of something.

It was a joke, you're a joke, and anyone who thinks the game isn't free to play is a joke. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I absolutely beyond any shadow of a doubt do not care what anyone thinks in regards to the fact that PoE is free to play, I'm here to laugh at people who are upset and watch them flail their virtual arms.

So if you feel like we're some how having a debate, or an argument please continue. I could use the laughs.

"
MDKepner wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
MDKepner wrote:

/sarcasm

I honestly just love making fun of everyone in the "PoE isn't F2P" crowd. I didn't even bring up Freemium, or the concept of it. I was simply pointing out that the game ins't free to start, and being sarcastic about it. And then you come along feeling like your opinion is threatened, and some how I'm the one threatening it, and insisting that I'm trying to convince people of something.

It was a joke, you're a joke, and anyone who thinks the game isn't free to play is a joke. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I absolutely beyond any shadow of a doubt do not care what anyone thinks in regards to the fact that PoE is free to play, I'm here to laugh at people who are upset and watch them flail their virtual arms.

So if you feel like we're some how having a debate, or an argument please continue. I could use the laughs.

So far you have only demonstrated that you don't understand that pay2win games also do not require "literally paying money to play." I.e., you fundamentally misunderstand the objections of the people you are trying to make fun of.

I suppose you can laugh at that, if you think it is funny. I certainly don't mind.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

So far you have only demonstrated that you don't understand that pay2win games also do not require "literally paying money to play." I.e., you fundamentally misunderstand the objections of the people you are trying to make fun of.

I suppose you can laugh at that, if you think it is funny. I certainly don't mind.

Oh my god are you serious? Pay to win games are Free to Play but I can't win unless I pay money? Are you insinuating that Path of Exile is pay to win and that I can play for free as long as I want, so it's safe for me to log in, but if I want to win I have to spend money?

I've been through the shop like 40 or 50 times now and I can't seem to find the items that let me win. Could you please link them for me?

/sarcasm
"
MDKepner wrote:
Spoiler
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

Oh my god are you serious? Pay to win games are Free to Play but I can't win unless I pay money? Are you insinuating that Path of Exile is pay to win and that I can play for free as long as I want, so it's safe for me to log in, but if I want to win I have to spend money?

I've been through the shop like 40 or 50 times now and I can't seem to find the items that let me win. Could you please link them for me?

/sarcasm

I honestly don't know why you bother posting if you aren't going to also bother putting any thought into what you have to say.

It is clear, yes, that your intention was not to have a debate, let alone to understand a point of view that you don't share, but rather to make fun of others. The problem with your plan is you never made fun of the point of view of others. Instead, you invented your own (ridiculous and easily refuted) point of view and made fun of that one instead, pretending that it was that of others.

In addition to being dishonest, this makes you look very silly, so you shouldn't be surprised when people make fun of you in turn. You have no moral high ground from which to express righteous indignation.

PoE bills itself as a completely free2play game with "100% ethical microtransactions." And most people (not all) agreed in 2013 that it was meeting that claim adequately. Many PoE fans no longer feel that way in 2018, due to various changes in the game and the addition of currency/fragment bloat. Yeah, I get it: You don't care about nuanced statements like these, because they are much harder to ridicule. But if you really want to criticize the point of view of others, actually take the time and effort to get it right.

Alternatively, don't make the time or effort, post irrelevant drivel, and then get called out on it. Which is exactly what happened above.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Nov 12, 2018, 10:53:13 PM
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

What a bizarre argument.

Not really its very simple, people like yourself have erroded the meaning of "P2W" down to the point of intellectual dishonesty at best and complete meaninglessness at worst.

"Pay to win" and "incentive to pay" have become unnecessary synonyms because of people who can't understand how the world functions, how they can't have free things at the same time that the creator of those things makes no money from them and goes homeless for his unpaid work. You would ask that they include ZERO INCENTIVE to ever pay for anything, this has never stopped from the first F2P game on, no matter how much the Developer avoids "pay 2 win" there are still people who aren't satisfied and so they move the goal posts to some other intellectually dishonest unreachable ideal. I've seen this argument play out in so many game forums, I've watched you people move the goal posts at every turn at some point you ABSOLUTELY will be making the argument that MTX can't look too good or its "Pay to win" because if some other player feels better about how his character looks well then that player "wins" by virtue of feeling slightly better.

It is NOT REASONABLE. You guys argue your points with your pseudo rational justifications while in the real world, Men have rent to pay and Children to feed and lives to live. Expecting them to not SO MUCH AS give incentive to someone to spend money on a great product is naivety bordering on mental deficiency.

The expectation of even MORE "freeness" than simply being able to play the entire game with 4 tabs and using Acquisition to trade, can only be the mindset of someone who's never had to pay rent or have a job. Being angry at a company that pays (probably) upwards of $50,000 dollars a month just for office space, and then 100+ Salaries averaging (last I looked) a game industry average of $80,000 per year.

But you go on thinking the ten bucks or so they want you to pay them for some added convenience is "pay to win" that the incentives of easier trade without needing Acquisition and easier item keeping without wanting to Mule items while they let you play the product of MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF MAN HOURS FOR NO COST is "pay to win" I would expect nothing less. It is the incessant bellwether of a small contingent of players on every F2P modeled game in the industry and they all share one unavoidably obvious trait: they are people who don't understand how the real world works, it is the only way they could take the minutia of incentivized purchases and blow them up into a dishonest narrative about the game where only people who pay get to play.

Just noting this for future reference
Very well said btw, I got a good chuckle first time I read it.
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
MDKepner wrote:
Spoiler
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

/sarcasm

I honestly don't know why you bother posting if you aren't going to also bother putting any thought into what you have to say.

It is clear, yes, that your intention was not to have a debate, let alone to understand a point of view that you don't share, but rather to make fun of others. The problem with your plan is you never made fun of the point of view of others. Instead, you invented your own (ridiculous and easily refuted) point of view and made fun of that one instead, pretending that it was that of others.

In addition to being dishonest, this makes you look very silly, so you shouldn't be surprised when people make fun of you in turn. You have no moral high ground from which to express righteous indignation.

PoE bills itself as a completely free2play game with "100% ethical microtransactions." And most people (not all) agreed in 2013 that it was meeting that claim adequately. Many PoE fans no longer feel that way in 2018, due to various changes in the game and the addition of currency/fragment bloat. Yeah, I get it: You don't care about nuanced statements like these, because they are much harder to ridicule. But if you really want to criticize the point of view of others, actually take the time and effort to get it right.

Alternatively, don't make the time or effort, post irrelevant drivel, and then get called out on it. Which is exactly what happened above.

So your actual problem lies with fragment bloat and your perceived need to buy stash tabs to play this game? ah yes, that argument. I don't know how often someone needs to show how to play with four tabs for people like you to grasp this. I don't really give too much clout in people agreeing to something. I just need to look in politics anywhere and see how stupid the people are. And these many POE fans are where exactly? ah yes a loud minority. Don't try to support an argument based on feelings of some people. That's not facts but a poor attempt to mask that you actually don't have any arguments outside you feeling that 4 tabs are not enough. (which is true if you like comfort, but is is not NECESSARY!)

And that was your argument. Again, for 20k time in this forum. You could almost call it... drivel.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info