I don't see a point to continue Delving

Most these leagues have no variety. I mean breach was all the same expanding circle shit. The Abyss chasing down the green line. The pyramids in incursion basically same. etc. Delve has way more variety than we normally see but I agree if perm they need to do even better.

More bosses, more terrains, more types of monster.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 7, 2018, 3:21:34 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Most these leagues have no variety. I mean breach was all the same expanding circle shit. The Abyss chasing down the green line. The pyramids in incursion basically same. etc. Delve has way more variety than we normally see but I agree if perm they need to do even better.

I sort of agree here.

Even though I believe Delve will shine even more as a core mechanic - on top (bottom?) of new league mechanics, Delve falls in the same trap as many other additions: It's fun, it's cool, but it still has a lot more potential.

I understand that we can't get cities all the time. I understand that it can't rain currency all the time, or that the best fossil are too common. But more variety is a must, even if they have to nerf certain drops here and there.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Incursion had more variety than Delve in my opinion.
There was a good amount of different rooms in the Pyramid and different buffs you could give the monsters and boss.

Delve just feels like one big Azurite Encounter to me at this point, with an occasional Rogue Exiles or Dropbears fight for a chest full of rings, and a very rare Vaal City, that's like one room from Incursion.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Nov 7, 2018, 8:03:06 AM
I stopped at 300. There really is no point.
"
johnKeys wrote:
There was a good amount of different rooms in the Pyramid and different buffs you could give the monsters and boss.

I.... think your kidding yourself here John if you really think about it, the rooms were very similar in appearance and very few of them were actually worthwhile, the Roomba was also an uninspiring boss that managed to be frustrating at the same time.

in the long run the zone-wide buffs you applied to the temple were irrelevant as it was still easier than the easiest map mods, they also gave super lame bonuses.

Delve also suffers from same shit different day however it does have 3 mechanically interesting and varied bosses as well as actual challenge and best of all in that regard challenge that is functionally different to mapping so promoting different builds to maximize delves.

I don't think there is alot in it but its no contest that delve has more new content than incursion even though I suspect double corruptions and easy 21 gems were more important to the average player (myself included) than any of the actual delve loot.
Well, I don't see a real point in delving, neither.
But I think it's fun, so I keep playing it - Vaal Outposts and the like could be a bit more common, though.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I sort of agree here.

Even though I believe Delve will shine even more as a core mechanic - on top (bottom?) of new league mechanics, Delve falls in the same trap as many other additions: It's fun, it's cool, but it still has a lot more potential.

I understand that we can't get cities all the time. I understand that it can't rain currency all the time, or that the best fossil are too common. But more variety is a must, even if they have to nerf certain drops here and there.
I dont even care about the drops- we're in a phase where the game is opposite of stingy

its the variety- we have 100+ tilesets for mapping which makes each map a slightly different experience (Ill omit clear speed stuff from discussion because its another story) and combination, as well as boss.

and in fact, by doing combinations (different boss on different tileset) you can get even more interesting randomizations that will be different- think of flashback fuckery when different enemies intertwine in different tilesets. I remember 5 invasion bosses killing me in mayhem uber lab trial, that was glorious.

delve is for most part same tileset, same mob types. already sick of spider rares, the spitball rares, the azurite rares. always same shit.

like Ive said, I can stomach abyss being same mobs/tilesets because its not something that you can chain a lot.

and as someone who likes the game slower and prefers to see mobs have time to do damage to my toon, I want to have more mob types for more different situations
Supposedly the deeper you go the more boss chances. I have had awful luck with bosses. Only Ahu over and over. Nothing of the other 2. I figured at one point that they were 1 in 12 for every corresponding city and they may be true for Ahu but it damned sure isn't for Kurgal.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Supposedly the deeper you go the more boss chances. I have had awful luck with bosses. Only Ahu over and over. Nothing of the other 2. I figured at one point that they were 1 in 12 for every corresponding city and they may be true for Ahu but it damned sure isn't for Kurgal.

You'll find them eventually they told me. I'm lvl 98 highest ever I've ever been cuz i'm searching non stop for water well in Shara desert. Aint found them lol. Such BS.

There needs to be an "find" seed so I can quit.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 8, 2018, 12:54:51 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:

haha this is some sort of joke, same square room after square room then you get to fight one of them robotic hoovers at the end. Also you knew you were RNG fked before you even done the pyramid with the layout.

Both will be good additions to core, i like the thought of everyone doing what they like/prefer with out all the moaning.

Would appreciate a map tier reshuffle tho.
#StandardLivesMatter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info