I don't see a point to continue Delving

i'm delving around 180, going deeper i have to do maps i don't really have because delving took all my playtime i usually spend getting those maps.

i would have to get into mapping but there are only 3 weeks left which is maybe 50h playtime.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I also don't like delve(it's not bad itself) but:

-No maps rooms - to now(league ends soon) I found 2 map events - 1 hidden ,one on the road - where before reaching hidden one I died 2 times(monster level 82) to get one tier 8 white map from it (great!!!),second one give me one overgrown shrine t12 map thats all...
-Player should not loosing experience when dying in mine but be kicked outside and loosing sulphite even double ammount needed to get current point - I loved incursion because it gives me significaly boost to experience,and many many maps(i always choose map room) or other goods and all previous leagues not collide with leveling like delve do...Everytime I get some experience bars I loose them in mine at some point because one hit or dying from unknown sources(and I am around lvl 270 - reached monster level 83)...
-Also dont like delve because its not for all builds - totems are useless in deeper levels of mine for example..I tried and start league with totem build - and whole league wasted when I understand and try going deeper with totems - there is no chance to go too far...I was forced to build new character what completely destroy league for me and waste lot of time - That why I only stop at 24 challenges this time...This league is not for builds I like...

So when I get some exp to next level - I soon loose them in mine and stay with nothing - this make that I left the delve for over a month and playing Battlefield 1 from sale for over a month or 1,5...Now I back and can't get next level because loosing exp every moment - playing half day and have nothing from it - I do not want to play.Man loses the desire to play.

IMO all this idiotic penalties should be removed - instead of that time to get levels 95-100 should be 2x 3x 4x or even 5x but without penalties...

Maybe 2x because lvl 99-100 takes 200+ hours without dying on t12 maps....

What is the sense of playing? If You play 6 hours to get a experience to next level and because 2 dies in mine (accidentaly - one hit or dont even know what something,or because a lag micro stuttering) you loose all progress and have nothing from last 6 hours of playing(also nothing interesting in loot)..What is the sense?
Brand X Music,Revolt Production Music,Really Slow Motion,Colossal Trailer Music,Immediate Music,Volta Music,Position Music,posthaste Music,C21FX,Twin Scoring Studio,EpicMusicVN,Imagine Music,Epic Score,Cavendish Music,Gargantuan Music,Atom Music Audio,Audiomachine
No Pain No Gain!!!
Last edited by PromaG on Nov 4, 2018, 7:44:06 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
Came back from a short break. did a few 100ish Delves.
now I'm just looking at my Mine Map and that video comes to mind.
that trailer vs. reality video again.

It's just frustrating really: Azurite, Gems, Items, Currency.
that's quite literally it.
Scrolling up, down, to the sides.
nothing else.

I was addicted to Incursion's way of mixing things up despite being (very) repetitive.
I don't know what to think of Delve at this point.

What video? I'd love to watch
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
"
PromaG wrote:
I also don't like delve(it's not bad itself) but:

-No maps rooms - to now(league ends soon) I found 2 map events - 1 hidden ,one on the road - where before reaching hidden one I died 2 times(monster level 82) to get one tier 8 white map from it (great!!!),second one give me one overgrown shrine t12 map thats all...
-Player should not loosing experience when dying in mine but be kicked outside and loosing sulphite even double ammount needed to get current point - I loved incursion because it gives me significaly boost to experience,and many many maps(i always choose map room) or other goods and all previous leagues not collide with leveling like delve do...Everytime I get some experience bars I loose them in mine at some point because one hit or dying from unknown sources(and I am around lvl 270 - reached monster level 83)...
-Also dont like delve because its not for all builds - totems are useless in deeper levels of mine for example..I tried and start league with totem build - and whole league wasted when I understand and try going deeper with totems - there is no chance to go too far...I was forced to build new character what completely destroy league for me and waste lot of time - That why I only stop at 24 challenges this time...This league is not for builds I like...

So when I get some exp to next level - I soon loose them in mine and stay with nothing - this make that I left the delve for over a month and playing Battlefield 1 from sale for over a month or 1,5...Now I back and can't get next level because loosing exp every moment - playing half day and have nothing from it - I do not want to play.Man loses the desire to play.

IMO all this idiotic penalties should be removed - instead of that time to get levels 95-100 should be 2x 3x 4x or even 5x but without penalties...

Maybe 2x because lvl 99-100 takes 200+ hours without dying on t12 maps....

What is the sense of playing? If You play 6 hours to get a experience to next level and because 2 dies in mine (accidentaly - one hit or dont even know what something,or because a lag micro stuttering) you loose all progress and have nothing from last 6 hours of playing(also nothing interesting in loot)..What is the sense?

Why would one even take a life node without exp penalty or very little? You know what I mean everyone would play straight glass. The great thing about this game is it makes you compromise a lot - survival vs DPS. Without a penalty people would lean towards DPS only. Not only that there should be some bonus for surviving rather than zerging every map and still get to 100.

It does suck some builds can't delve well tho. I don't like the crawler mechanic they should be more like maps then you totems would be okay.

It even sucks worse at really deep. only a handful of builds can mess around there. Way over max res and straight up immunity builds mainly. I'm sure GGG can find out what OP really fast now with delve.

Maybe play one of those broken builds if you dont want to die???
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 6, 2018, 7:30:37 PM
I changed my strategy. I'm delving at 350 ish so I can find Aul. Some dude told me you can't find him till 300. I was farming 285 only because that ilvl 83 monster begins and goes no higher. Big mistake. No wonder I never found Aul and im 98.
Git R Dun!
Actually Aul is 280. I'm about where you are and no Aul for me either. No Kurgal. 3 of those Ahu things.
Censored.
Are you sure? I want like 200 delves at 285 nothing. Got 3 Kurgal down tho.

Anyway 350 not a big deal with Kalten shield so I think I'll stay there... the overmax cold really helps.
Git R Dun!
oh yea? hmmmmmm

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/5264/bjudttsr_jpg.htm
"
rade0n wrote:
oh yea? hmmmmmm

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/5264/bjudttsr_jpg.htm

Wow Thanks...I guess I just have terrible RNG then. How the fuck can I be 98 and not found boss? Ridiculous.
Git R Dun!
delve rewards are ridiculous, as in super generous

the repetitiveness of the encounters and mob types are an issue tho, I agree.

it gets spicy when you start getting super dangerous mods, but mob types and encounters (and maybe even tile sets) need to be more random. sure, then it will be pseudo maps, but like John said, mapping has way more variety and wait for it...randomness ;)

things like abyss and lab and breach and beyond were ok with limited mob types and tilesets because they weren't really alternative endgame grinds.

Ive leveled my second toon mostly in delve for 80s, and honestly after some point I went back to mapping because of more interesting bosses and variety. I easily get more rewards in delve because I don't play super fast clearers and past lvl 300 delve is chockfull of currency even in most basic encounters.

most non-boss encounters in delve can be trivialized via defensive curses as long as your dps is good. enfeeble/tc are simply too powerful on trash/magic/rares

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info