GGG hates melee?

ES is perfectly fine right now. In fact I think all the guys I checked who complained about dying so much are plying life builds. just some pointless information.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
Yeah I know. This community is full of gatekeepers like yourself who say everything needs to be nerfed because they are just bad at the game and need a scapegoat.

Why not just debate the subject, instead of using suppression techniques and debate the person? Learn how to handle people disagreeing with you, without acting like that.

I could turn it around though, and say that bad players would want old VP, because it let you forget about every other mechanic in the game. I facetanked Shaper's beam myself back then - on a fairly budget life build.

I'm not a bad player for wishing this game would be about beating the toughest content in the game, and not how fast you can beat it. I guess you're on of those people, welcoming power creep for all it's worth?

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
Anything melee can do, ranged can do better. Used to be that Fortify was a significant advantage for melee, then GGG added degen effects everywhere so now even that's not much help, the best strategy is to just stay the hell away.

Give me one good reason to play a melee build when I could be playing Poet's Pen VD and just teleport around while the floating balls play the game for me.

You perfectly understand what do i mean. Playing melee does not grant you any benefits. Its like you can, but rather not to :D
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
Oooh facetanking Shaper's beam. lol, why does every gatekeeper bring that up like it even matters it isn't 2015

It matters in the context "why it was nerfed". Because back then, it was very strong, and power creep hadn't made as much impact as it has now, as you perfectly describe, one-shoting him with trash builds.

Let me ask again, and see if you answer this time: Do you want a game, where some of the hardest bosses can be one-shot or facetanked? Do you want a game that is so 'power creeped out' that you can facetank Uber Elder with a cheap build and a specific flask?

You call me "gatekeeper". What am I gating you from? Even more powercreep, turning even more bosses into "jokes", as you eloquently put it?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
ya just think of how things have progressed. its insane. i remember when DOMINUS was scary as fuck. then atziri, let alone uber atziri. now shaper can be killed before he even phases and uber elder can be downed extremely fast too.

shit is getting nuts. just think of how much further envelops can be pushed. all new content will be trivialized very quickly.

delve at least punishes the hell out of a lot of builds, and it not being mechanics based helps a lot with that.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
I really don't care

You do care enough to attack the person, label him and debate him and not the subject half of the time.

I tried having a discussion. You not caring explains a lot :)
OP wants to beat the game as melee character while ranged or squishy builds can never do. But think about other players. They all have their own wishes. :(

Edit
I guess this comes from the game design where we can actually pick almost everything in the game from a giant pool of game mechanics so that we sometimes feel stuck without any progressions.

Edit2
I recommend to do some SSF'ish gameplay or find your new favorite builds/classes. I mean you need some twists to not get bored.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
Last edited by finisterre on Nov 2, 2018, 7:29:43 PM
Now wait just one minute GGG does not hate melee. They just do not understand it, play it, know how to fix it, etc. They certainly do not hate melee.

So you have to spend 100ex to deal less damage and be less tanky than your ranged colleagues?

So you still have issues with targeting that are still trying to be resolved even in 3.4 (really 3.4 and they still can't solve "The Riddle of Melee")?

So you wish "The Derek Zoolander Center For Devs Who Can't Melee Good And Who Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too" existed?

So you actually want to play melee and not totems, range spells with a melee tag, traps, etc.?

So you wish there were enemy mechanics that you could completely ignore like every non-melee player can?

etc. etc.

These issues are all temporary at best. GGG will fix it just hold out for 4.0 when the eagles arrive.

Alternatively you could just:

Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
"
bionicg2040 wrote:
These issues are all temporary at best. GGG will fix it just hold out for 4.0 when the eagles arrive.

Ofcourse they will make melee grete, not today not tomorrow, but some day they will or maybe not. Just like Blizzard promised new Diablo game...
I also want to add, if melee is really always worse than ranged then why are the endgame content experts like this dude for example https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2237389 choosing blade flurry aka melee to do their thing?

One thing I could think of that melee has but range not is another 25% more melee physical damage thanks to lion's roar flask.

The "close as balls" to the enemy playstyle also has the advantage that you can blind pretty much all mobs all the time with stibnite flask. Together with Ranger Dodge Wheel, some Evasion, enfeeble, 10%-20% block from dw or a shield its rare to get hit by anything even when in the middle of everything. Lets say 55% attack dodge (Acrobatics + minor nodes, Quartz + Lunaris) and blind and 20% block that means the chance to get hit by attacks is 0.45 * 0.5 * 0.8 = 18%.

Projectiles have the disadvantage that they disappear at every little height difference and obstacles. I once play lightning strike which comes pretty close to range. It wasnt enjoyable cause the projectiles did not hit stuff above or below me.

And yea nowadays melee player are not forced to play just 1-2 viable skills like they have been in the past. Nowadays you can rule the game with EQ, Blade flurry/Reave, Ground Slam, Ice Crash, Cyclone, Cleave, Double Strike, Molten Strike, Glacial Hammer, Viper Strike, whatever. You for sure remember the time 2 years ago when everyone pretty much had to play either Blade Flurry or suffer. Its SOOO much better now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info