GGG hates melee?

"
FrancescoV wrote:
I always played melee and it used to be a lot worse than now.
They improved it in several ways since 2.6, but it's unlikely that they'll ever manage to fill the gap with ranged skills...

Excuse me, but what improvement do you mean. Aoe nerf that greatly worsen melee gameplay or maybe you are talking about shaper stat stick, that kick two handers to the very bottom and divide skills on usable and trash (like sweep for examle). Thanks.
"
Phrazz wrote:

You must be real fun at parties...

Also RF is technically not a spell.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Nov 2, 2018, 11:47:04 AM
I think you are overexaggerating.
"
torturo wrote:

I prove you wrong, and in your first reply you start discussing the person and not the subject? Wow. One reply. Good job.

RF is technically a Spell/AoE/Fire. What it's not, is melee/attack.

But OK. Every spell is melee, as long as it hits a close target. Got it.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I was wrong, you are not even fun at parties.

If it's a spell, can you increase its damage by spell supports?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Nov 2, 2018, 12:02:43 PM
"
torturo wrote:
I was wrong, you are not even fun at parties.

If it's a spell, can you increase its damage by spell supports?

Doing it again, discussing the person and not the subject.

No, you can't increase the damage through spell damage, but the game still classifies it as a spell.

Please, answer this: Do you view all spells and "spells that don't scale through spell damage" as melee, as long as they have a small AoE?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
If it's a spell unsupported by spell tags, why couldn't it be a close range non on-hit melee skill?

A? Gotcha...
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
personally i haven't been able to get a semi-decent survivability ranged build in a while. i've been playing melee with no issues for leagues now.

love how threads like this pop up and people will argue till they're blue in the face, but yet what do we see in game?

even the first post. melee is trash, except this this this and that. so...then i guess melee isn't trash?
if what you mean to say is namelock 2h abilities are trash, then you'd be 100% right and nobody argues that fact.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
even though it wasn't.

Of course it was. If you had the pool/mitigation to deal with most one shots, you were unkillable, more or less.

You can argue that the current VP is a little bit too weak, but the old version was too strong.

You can see countless melee builds do countless of Uber Elder fights. Melee isn't as useless as people are claiming. Is melee weaker than ranged? Yes. But it's not useless. And you can do all content with it - pretty safely.
"
torturo wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

You must be real fun at parties...

Try putting on Gruthkul's Pelt and casting RF. You'll find it doesn't work out very well because of "Your Spells are disabled"

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Gruthkul%27s_Pelt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info