GGG hates melee?

What benefits player gets from playing melee? There are no practical reasons of playing melee. Melee is slow, got the worst aoe of all other mechanics and got awererage to low damage(not counting three owerpowered skils ms,bf and ds). Killing bosses for example uber elder is a lot harder for melee as well.
So what do you think?
Last bumped on Nov 5, 2018, 10:06:15 PM
I think you are wrong.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
In a game where endgame mobs can 1 hit you melee will always be suboptimal.
They buffed melee heavily in the past and its "ok" now.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
Problem about melee these days is elemental damage one shots fortify really does nothing against those because it's just better to not be hit at all and not have to recover with the shitty current leech.

The reason why those "broken" melee skill work is because they one shot things in the duration of your flasks. Sustained fights as meele are terrible.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
Mastarna wrote:

So what do you think?

I think its fun and I like the challenge.
Hard to make a game with an "easy mode" without people complaining that the other ways to play are too hard.
I always played melee and it used to be a lot worse than now.
They improved it in several ways since 2.6, but it's unlikely that they'll ever manage to fill the gap with ranged skills...

The game is getting faster and faster and it will always be better to stay outside of the chaos.
Melee is perfectly fine, mostly RF.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
IIPheXII wrote:

The reason why those "broken" melee skill work is because they one shot things in the duration of your flasks. Sustained fights as meele are terrible.

This is pretty much the summary of melee and why it sucks but also why its usable.

That being said the game is so ridiculously biased towards ranged in most cases that melee does feel like hard mode most of the time but a great deal of this is the difficult in seeing telegraphs when your in somethings face with earth fire wind and water flying out in every fucking direction.

As a result melee becomes do some much dps you obliterate a boss or make yourself so tanky you basically can't fuckup.

Ranged in the meantime can get by with just about anything because circle strafe is pretty much godmode on most bosses.
"
torturo wrote:
Melee is perfectly fine, mostly RF.

This can include any combat that involves directly striking an opponent at ranges generally less than a few feet, especially using martial arts or melee weapons. This term is especially used in comparison to other strategies, such as ranged combat or magic (where applicable) when the game offers multiple methods of combat.

An AoE spell will never be "melee", no matter how small the AoE is.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info